Either Needed Engineered [Accepting Applications]

♬ Meow ♬

Space Kitten
Local time
Today 10:12 AM
Engineered
ea8f3e4ff4da812560884a69efa886e9.jpg

Tu'vunkar

Intergalactic engineering organization that has risen to the top in the world of advanced technologies.

Whether it is spacecraft, prosthetics, or AI; Tu'vunkar, or "KAR Tech", is the simply the top of the line. This is in no small way due to its founder's dream of advancing technology to benefit humankind-to finally give Earthlings the means to master their bodies and explore the universe beyond their small atmosphere.

As such it is no surprise that KAR Tech is responsible for transporting the first humans to touch foot on other planets (in the year 2047) and eventually leave the Milky Way galaxy (year 2067). Once these events occurred, the man known as Ovayr Kar was regarded as the galaxy's most intelligent man for bringing humankind to a higher level of being.

From then on KAR Tech began to appear in the average home and hospitals, most notably by providing AI to assist in more ways than humans could ever imagine as well as providing prosthetics to those that lost limbs.

In the year 2173 Kar passed away, dying as the oldest human to ever live at the age of 158. It was thanks to his genius mind and innovations that he was able to live so long, increasing the average human lifespan from 80 years to 120. The name Kar and the knowledge he left behind became a legend, his intelligence continuing to serve in the advancement of humankind for many more generations to come. At this point in time KAR Tech came under the guidance of a private section that worked underneath the government. His research and blueprints would still be used for new inventions though it would take teams of the greatest minds on Earth to continue the work and actually be able to fulfill ideas from a man a millennia before his time. Naturally the work was slower but it was no less significant in how it changed the lives of everyone on Earth.

Fast forward two centuries and the year is 2375. Earth has been in contact with an alien species similar to humans for 40 years, though they had discovered space travel long before Earth. They are known as Una'vak. Thanks to their communication devices and advanced technology passed down from Kar, humans and Una'vak were able to send signals back and forth that alerted each species to the existence of the other much sooner than they could actually meet. The Una'vak were far away from the multiple planets they occupied and were exploring outer space; just as the humans who made contact were doing, though they were not nearly as far from Earth as the Una'vak were to their homes. Having discovered space travel long ago, this Una'vak space carrier was a mobile home traveling for 200 years. After communicating for these 40 years, the Una'vak and humans were finally able to meet. This did not stop the Una'vak from sharing knowledge with Earth via their communication, and as such they were able to offer extremely useful insight into current technological research.

5577bcb6504fd1153447bb541ec43999.jpg
[Inside an Una'vak spacecraft]

It was truly a momentous time in history when the two space teams could actually meet, not just for Earth but for galaxies all around. It was what happened afterwards that truly set mankind into the next generation however. By the time the humans and Una'vak met in space, they were far enough from Earth that it should have taken them all at least 50 years to get back. Yet, the Una'vak (now knowing Earth language very well) were able to use Kar's research more efficiently due to their experience. Their better understanding allowed them to use Kar's still extremely advanced ideas to link their space craft together and develop a powerful method of travel; warp. Though it took 3 years on the way back to fully develop, once finished the humans and Una'vak were able to return to Earth in 2 years time. That meant they were back in the year 2380, 45 years sooner than expected . . .

Finally, another 207 years later and Earth is at present day: the year 2,587. It has been over 500 years since KAR Tech was established and humans set foot on planets besides Earth. The Una'vak have made Earth their home, though many are still in space at any given time. Now apart of Earth, they have been further increasing the rate at which Kar's research develops since their arrival. As they did in space, the Una'vak pushed Earth's advancements to new levels and it resembled the era Kar was still alive. Their accomplishments and integration into Earth were so profound that the Una'vak became involved in the private sector running KAR Tech, which led to the successor organization founded in the year 2383: Tu'vunkar.

[Earth in present time]
9ebdb30cf21703fd6b23a8145440a768.jpg

9ee483c4cb79bda65268c7514533c52a.jpg
ef01c4b0248d2a0406bec67c234a0f21.jpg
30606a22ab1fda3c5f978d077b84016d.jpg

Despite the legacy of robotics creation and all it has already done for mankind, Tu'vunkar has had more interests than just producing spacecraft and prosthetics. Tapping into Kar's research into genetics, they are finally at a new plateau in altering DNA. No longer is Tu'vunkar able to engineer the best robotics; but engineer the best humans.

It might have seemed a bit off putting, to have one's DNA mixed around and put that statement to the test. Yet on the other hand, Tu'vunkar is the leading brand in everything that has elevated life on Earth. And they were paying well to volunteer for this project. Not just in credits, but in the promise that you could unlock all your hidden potential and be more than you could ever be . . .

::I'm keeping the details of where the role-play will begin minimal for now, in case players want to feel the suspense of what's to come. But I also don't mind discussing it further if you are interested and wish to know before joining.::

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rules
-No godmodding under any circumstance*
-Must use proper grammar and spelling
-Must post 1 paragraph minimum at all times (avg. amount of paragraphs should be at least 2-3)
-Must play in 3rd person
-Romance is OK but don't make it awkward for everyone else or hijack the story
-Do not leave other characters behind with flurry posts (Unless 2 characters are separated or a player has been absent)

*Player on player battles as well as player on NPC battles are bound to happen. As GM I will determine outcome if necessary, based on circumstances and strengths/weaknesses of both parties under said circumstances. If chance is at play then I'll leave it to chance.

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=
Character Sheet Format
Name:
Personality: [Can be as vague or descriptive as you'd like]
Appearance: [For the style of storytelling would prefer photo/illustration]
Skills: [Talents or hobbies character had before genetic modification]
Abilities: [Open to ideas however it must have a decent scientific explanation, even if made up]
Drawback/Side Effects: [There should be at least one major drawback to your power accompanied with some side effects that may be temporary or persist after using ability]
Reason for Volunteering: [Up to you whether you want to disclose to other players but as GM I will need to know all answers before hand]
Extra: [Anything else you'd like to add or mention about your character]

Accepted Characters

- Calliope [Angel of Mercy]
Name: Calliope Skye.

Personality: mischievous, aloof, reckless, chaotic

Appearance: Calliope stands st about 5'6" with a slim, yet definitely feminine build. She has long dark brown hair and light blue eyes.
d1c3ed985e2e749d8c15f8eb0c2eac7c.jpg

Skills: thanks to her upbringing, Cali is a well-educated girl, though she rarely looks and acts it. She's an expert in computer operation and programming as well as interfacing with technology of all types. She's also a decent singer, dancer and actress. She has excellent manual dexterity with which she has mastered the art of slight of hand and picking pockets.

Abilities: Cali is a living computer/electronics interface. A direct neural interface was installed at the base of her brain stem which allows her to communicate with all manner of electronic and computing devices. She is able to 'plug-in' to almost any network and she can also access wireless devices. This also includes the ability to access the onboard computer of most vehicles.

Drawback/Side Effects: tampering with the human brain is no easy feat. As a result Cali suffers from frequent migraines, which can at times be at the extreme level. She also suffers from a condition similar to bipolar disorder where she can at times suffer from extreme emotional stresses. Because her brain often is overactive Calliope has difficulty sleeping.

Reason for Volunteering: Cali was the only child of two high ranking officers in a big Neural-Tech company. Her parents were career oriented so she was in effect raised by the nanny, the butler and a long line of home schooling tutors. As a teenager she rebelled, constantly getting into trouble. Her parents tried correct her behaviour using therapy. She hated her parents. Knowing the type of work they did she decided volunteering for neural modification would be an excellent way to spite them.

Extra: Calliope has an alter ego. Her online personae is 'Archangel'. Archangel is known in the virtual online world as a hacker/information broker.
- Chrix [Sanity43217]
Name: Chrix Morrison
Personality: Chrix is a borderline Alcoholic. Despite being relatively young, he has done a lot in his life. It shows. His eyes are often showing a deep sadness. When caught alone, he is often thinking about his past. When with other people, he tries to build them up, and become the life of the party.
Appearance:
View attachment 6888
Skills: Basic Firearm Proficiency. Close Quarters Combat. Free Running. A pretty decent cook. Able to make a darn good signature cocktail.
Abilities: After Genetic Modification, Chrix manifested an ability that was a result of limited Bio-Electricity Manipulation and Electrolytic Blood. The GM altered the charge of ions in Chrix's blood. Giving his blood an unstable charge. His body was also adapted to absorb this new charge, to boost physical attributes. With practice, Chirx can create, shape and manipulate bio-electric currents that exist within all aspects of the body, existing in the nervous system, heart and muscles whether the Chrix's or his targets. He is also capable of channelling his bio-electrical energy into attacks or even drain the bio-electrical energies that may dwell within another being. Eventually, Chix will be able to form constructs out of the lifeforce/bioelectrical energy drained or stored, find people by sensing their bioelectrical presence and/or scramble personal bio-electric rhythms to shock others.
Drawback/Side Effects: There are a few downsides to having a charged blood. The main one is the strain it puts on a person's circulatory system. Largely causing symptoms such as increased heart rate to nausea, sharp muscle pain, and tension headaches. Since his bio-electrical charge increases when he gets angry or threatened (like a fight or flight response) when he gets in such a situation, his cybernetics have a tendency to malfunction [see extra].
Reason for Volunteering: Did it for work. Technically he was working in construction and signed up to get a little extra muscle to help him compete against robotics, so he could keep his job. In reality, he worked for criminals. He made sure depts were paid. An enforcer.
Extra:
Chrix Morrison enlisted in the Marine Corp when he was eighteen. Served for seven years. Saw active combat on multiple occasions. Did pretty good. It wasn't until he twenty-five. He caught a plasma grenade thrown by the enemy. The blast disintegrated his right arm, and severely damaged his eyes.
The military paid to have his arm and eyes replaced with the latest cybernetics. He was then discharged from duty since he never passed the psych evaluation and get cleared for duty.
Since then, he fell in with a group of other veterans who were a gang. With a mechanical arm, he took the role of enforcer. 'Strong-Arming' people who didn't pay their dues. With other cybernetic also being used, it wasn't long before Chix found himself overwhelmed.
This led him to volunteer for Genetic Modification. He didn't tell his gang, so when he got back, they felt betrayed. Exiled him. Now he just uses his abilities to get by, doing menial labour, while he works to get his security license.
Cybernetic Arm.
The replacement arm is made with carbon nanotube fibres to emulate human muscles. The arm is designed to be an exact replica of the human arm in appearance, but it is slightly stronger and more resilient. The arm starts to spasm if Chrix gets too angry.
Electronic Eyes.
Chrix was blind after the explosion. His eyes were replaced with new cybernetic eyes. These new eyes allowed full spectrum vision, and a heads up Display. The heads up display starts to fizzle when he gets angry. If he gets angry enough, or draws on too much of his powers, he could potentially go blind.
-
-
-

Last edited:
Hey Meow! You can mark me as interested. I love the setting though I do have a few questions about where the characters come from, as in what walks of life.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Keen, but I'd like to know the threads direction - or plott synopsis.

Hey Meow! You can mark me as interested. I love the setting though I do have a few questions about where the characters come from, as in what walks of life.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you!

So as this is a volunteer program, your character can essentially be from nearly any walk of life. They can be someone in need of fast credits, someone who wants to enhance their body for a specific purpose (ex. someone who is sickly or weak), anything you can think up really. The only requirements is that they fall within the specified age range; the scientists want younger people for better results.

Keen, but I'd like to know the threads direction - or plott synopsis.

So I kept the plot vague in case some people wanted to feel the suspense of what was to happen to their characters. But essentially the characters are going to be thrown into a situation they did not intend. They are going to face imminent danger and it will be up to the characters in how they handle it/what they decide to do with their new abilities/drawbacks. I can PM you with more details (spoilers) if you'd like but this is basically going to be a sci-fi adventure story. I am going to play a character that helps me serve as GM and acts as a neutral character to keep everyone involved despite whatever differing opinions might take place. I have an idea of where I picture the story going and who the general antagonist is but I really want the characters to determine where we ultimately go.

Oh and the story is naturally going to revolve around the characters' evolution of powers/drawbacks. If it's not already apparent, everything isn't going to go as planned and the characters will soon have a lot on their plate personally in addition to the world issues.

Would you like the characters to be posted here when they are ready?

You can post them here and I'll approve or request edits if necessary.

Might've been interested but role-playing as a younger characters make me uncomfortable ...

What aged character are you thinking of playing? I only made the age requirement because I imagined that younger adults that would respond better to DNA splicing. Also, 27 is not that young unless you are much older I guess lol. But if you are really interested I'll consider another age and maybe even a reason for why your character was accepted (perhaps they responded to an ad for older subjects).

The age range of the character I role-play as are between 40 t0 51 because they are more appealing to me both in appearance and the realism of their background.

I agree with Sherlock, though I prefer my range between 30 - 39

The age range of the character I role-play as are between 40 t0 51 because they are more appealing to me both in appearance and the realism of their background.

I don't have a problem with characters in that age range generally, but there would need to be a reason why your character was suited to be a test subject. I imagine that wo
uld depend largely on what power/drawback you ended up choosing, so I'd need to see what you come up with. I'm open to ideas though.

Just keep in mind that humans live much longer in this day and age but that doesn't mean they've changed much development wise (early to mid 2os is still "physical prime" and the best age to recover from surgery). Perhaps your character's age could even lend to some of their drawbacks?

I agree with Sherlock, though I prefer my range between 30 - 39

30 isn't too far from 27 but if it really makes that much of a difference, I'll let it slide. Perhaps some of the characters will come from a different (older) testing group. Like I said the age requirement was only intended as a logistical thing, but it's sci-fi and fiction so we can bend things a bit if absolutely necessary.

Name: Calliope Skye.

Personality: mischievous, aloof, reckless, chaotic

Appearance: Calliope stands st about 5'6" with a slim, yet definitely feminine build. She has long dark brown hair and light blue eyes.
d1c3ed985e2e749d8c15f8eb0c2eac7c.jpg

Skills: thanks to her upbringing, Cali is a well-educated girl, though she rarely looks and acts it. She's an expert in computer operation and programming as well as interfacing with technology of all types. She's also a decent singer, dancer and actress. She has excellent manual dexterity with which she has mastered the art of slight of hand and picking pockets.

Abilities: Cali is a living computer/electronics interface. A direct neural interface was installed at the base of her brain stem which allows her to communicate with all manner of electronic and computing devices. She is able to 'plug-in' to almost any network and she can also access wireless devices. This also includes the ability to access the onboard computer of most vehicles.

Drawback/Side Effects: tampering with the human brain is no easy feat. As a result Cali suffers from frequent migraines, which can at times be at the extreme level. She also suffers from a condition similar to bipolar disorder where she can at times suffer from extreme emotional stresses. Because her brain often is overactive Calliope has difficulty sleeping.

Reason for Volunteering: Cali was the only child of two high ranking officers in a big Neural-Tech company. Her parents were career oriented so she was in effect raised by the nanny, the butler and a long line of home schooling tutors. As a teenager she rebelled, constantly getting into trouble. Her parents tried correct her behaviour using therapy. She hated her parents. Knowing the type of work they did she decided volunteering for neural modification would be an excellent way to spite them.

Extra: Calliope has an alter ego. Her online personae is 'Archangel'. Archangel is known in the virtual online world as a hacker/information broker.

Name: Chrix Morrison
Personality: Chrix is a borderline Alcoholic. Despite being relatively young, he has done a lot in his life. It shows. His eyes are often showing a deep sadness. When caught alone, he is often thinking about his past. When with other people, he tries to build them up, and become the life of the party.
Appearance:
116CD1ED-DB53-4E7A-89CD-889018DED6C8.jpeg
Skills: Basic Firearm Proficiency. Close Quarters Combat. Free Running. A pretty decent cook. Able to make a darn good signature cocktail.
Abilities: After Genetic Modification, Chrix manifested an ability that was a result of limited Bio-Electricity Manipulation and Electrolytic Blood. The GM altered the charge of ions in Chrix's blood. Giving his blood an unstable charge. His body was also adapted to absorb this new charge, to boost physical attributes. With practice, Chirx can create, shape and manipulate bio-electric currents that exist within all aspects of the body, existing in the nervous system, heart and muscles whether the Chrix's or his targets. He is also capable of channelling his bio-electrical energy into attacks or even drain the bio-electrical energies that may dwell within another being. Eventually, Chix will be able to form constructs out of the lifeforce/bioelectrical energy drained or stored, find people by sensing their bioelectrical presence and/or scramble personal bio-electric rhythms to shock others.
Drawback/Side Effects: There are a few downsides to having a charged blood. The main one is the strain it puts on a person's circulatory system. Largely causing symptoms such as increased heart rate to nausea, sharp muscle pain, and tension headaches. Since his bio-electrical charge increases when he gets angry or threatened (like a fight or flight response) when he gets in such a situation, his cybernetics have a tendency to malfunction [see extra].
Reason for Volunteering: Did it for work. Technically he was working in construction and signed up to get a little extra muscle to help him compete against robotics, so he could keep his job. In reality, he worked for criminals. He made sure depts were paid. An enforcer.
Extra:
Chrix Morrison enlisted in the Marine Corp when he was eighteen. Served for seven years. Saw active combat on multiple occasions. Did pretty good. It wasn't until he twenty-five. He caught a plasma grenade thrown by the enemy. The blast disintegrated his right arm, and severely damaged his eyes.
The military paid to have his arm and eyes replaced with the latest cybernetics. He was then discharged from duty since he never passed the psych evaluation and get cleared for duty.
Since then, he fell in with a group of other veterans who were a gang. With a mechanical arm, he took the role of enforcer. 'Strong-Arming' people who didn't pay their dues. With other cybernetic also being used, it wasn't long before Chix found himself overwhelmed.
This led him to volunteer for Genetic Modification. He didn't tell his gang, so when he got back, they felt betrayed. Exiled him. Now he just uses his abilities to get by, doing menial labour, while he works to get his security license.
Cybernetic Arm.
The replacement arm is made with carbon nanotube fibres to emulate human muscles. The arm is designed to be an exact replica of the human arm in appearance, but it is slightly stronger and more resilient. The arm starts to spasm if Chrix gets too angry.
Electronic Eyes.
Chrix was blind after the explosion. His eyes were replaced with new cybernetic eyes. These new eyes allowed full spectrum vision, and a heads up Display. The heads up display starts to fizzle when he gets angry. If he gets angry enough, or draws on too much of his powers, he could potentially go blind.

Great character! Accepted. @Sanity43217

I do want to make note on the draining of bioelectrical energy, which is only that it should be restricted to continuous touch rather than draining over a distance (not sure if you intended that already). And creating electrical constructs is cool, but I picture things like 'cages', shields, maybe even shapes. But nothing as intricate such as people or buildings. Maybe when the characters all reach a high level of power will more advanced things be formed. Is that kind of what you were thinking?

So, yeah. The draining requires continuous touch.
Constructs are just simple things. Kind of just like whips or rough shapes. Think the Red Lantern Constructs. More of unstable energy, as opposed to the clean intricate green lantern constructs.

OK perfect! I thought those would likely be the applications but wanted to be sure.

The Green Lantern kind of construct is exactly what I didn't want lol. Don't need an electrical car running around (not that I thought you would do that).

Last edited:
Need at least 1 more player to get this started!

Anyone looking for a badass sci-fi adventure? I'll give you a cookie sandwich on top of everything! :eek:

iu

Back
Top Bottom