Currently reading:
MxF Fantasy Rome

GreatDane

Monarch
Local time
Today 10:52 AM
Salve Traveller!

Welcome to my newest thread. :)

Alright, I am not really sure where to begin with this, so I will just lay out the foundation, and give more details about the plot below. So I am looking to put Rome in a fantasy setting, with trolls, magic, elves, and more. Moreover, I am going to steal the civil war story of Skyrim the game. Do not worry, No dragons or dragonborn. You don't even need to know about the plot or anything, I am just going to use it to set up our story on a bigger scale. ;)

If you are still interested, let me tell you about the plot!

Legion Charge.jpg

Your character is from a minor noble family in Rome. Although minor, your family line has a long and proud history of magic. So while your family does not have the power it once had, it still has a lot history and respect. Only 2 out of twenty people has magical potential, and even then it takes years of training to become recognized as a full blown mage. YC belong to a family who has produced many such mages, and YC is of course a mage apprentice.

However lately, some political powers has shifted due to YC's brother's recent disappearance in a far of Roman province. Which means there is no direct heir, for now at least. That is when a man pushes to get married to YC, but YC's father knows he is only after the family legacy, and what that will bring him politically. To make sure she won't be used for political purposes, her father knowing he could be pressured, uses an old family friend to send her away.

Now, in our fantasy Rome, the legions needs to have mages with them in order to protect troops from enemy magic. Both men and women mages are allowed to join the legion, and it is this YC's father manage to secure her, the very last spot as a legion mage. Of course she was never trained to become a legion mage, and so she will be joining other mages as an apprentice. Not only that, but she will be going to a far off province of the Republic.

YC joins mine, who is the newly appointed legate who has basically been banished from Rome, and given a legion in a province no one thinks will ever be needed. However, little do they know they are about to step into a major conflict. Rebels are trying to overthrow their ally, and throw out their legion. It is time for MC to take command and save the province, and it is time for YC to put her magic to the test.

Britiania March.jpg

Okay, I might not have explained it too well, but the bottom line is YC joins MC as he heads to his new command.

Now this is where I draw inspiration from Skyrim, I am going to use that as the province they are going to, and start the civil war. Using the Jarls, the Stormcloaks, and all that good stuff. Now of course, if you have no idea about any of this, then don't worry. In fact, it would not be that out of the ordinary YC doesn't know anything about the province either, since it is last minute, and it is so far away.

I imagine that with this legion being so far away, and it is cold and a harsh land they are posted in, much discipline has gone out of the soldiers. Something MC will have to fix. YC works with four other mages, and the master mage, who will also act as YC's teacher. Of course, she is quickly thrown into a lot of situations she had never imagined before as they suddenly find themselves in the middle of a war.

YC even has to take on more responsibilities as some of her fellow mages die, and so she will have to work closely with MC. I imagine love will bloom, as she gets to know this ambitious young legate, who might have plans beyond this civil war, and seems eager to prove himself.

Yes, I am using him as my version of a younger Caesar like person. :)

Card 2.jpg

But yes, let me know if you are interested, and reach out to me!

Back
Top Bottom