Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 7:44 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Groundhog Day Sanctum Dwellers!!

For those of you not caught in an endless time loop, the month has come and to fill your time and get you in the mood for Valentine's Dat, we have a much-requested challenge; POETRY!!:

Write a Poem about Romance

The prompt, as always, can be interpreted broadly. You can use any style of poem you choose, of any length, so long as it attempts the prompt.

Please post all entries as a thread in this forum (Link) with a unique title. The Deadline for this month is Sunday, February 23rd, 2020. Please have all entries posted by that evening (EST)

Congratulations to @Jaci for winning the January Writing Challenge and thank you to all participants for their excellent work!!

We look forward to seeing your poems!!!!

As a side note, be sure to keep casting your daily votes for the Sanctum. You can do so by clicking here!

Question: as long as we write something that is somewhat linked to the sentence "Write a Poem about Romance" it's ok right? Do we absolutely have to write a poem?

Yes, a poem is definitely required.

A romantic poem? That's enough outside of my comfort zone when it comes to writing, that I'll have to pass. Good luck to the contenders, though!

It doesn't have to be romantic, just about romance. Not all romance is happy or successful!

Yay! Thank you James! My wish has come true. Watch out Sanctum! The Poem Master has entered the battlefield!

Sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, I'm new here and still going through everything. Are users limited to one entry, or can we post multiple?

One entry per user. We vote on them at the end and having multiple would be confusing for all involved.

Happy Groundhog Day Sanctum Dwellers!!

For those of you not caught in an endless time loop, the month has come and to fill your time and get you in the mood for Valentine's Dat, we have a much-requested challenge; POETRY!!:

Write a Poem about Romance

The prompt, as always, can be interpreted broadly. You can use any style of poem you choose, of any length, so long as it attempts the prompt.

Please post all entries as a thread in this forum (Link) with a unique title. The Deadline for this month is Sunday, February 23rd, 2020. Please have all entries posted by that evening (EST)

Congratulations to @Jaci for winning the January Writing Challenge and thank you to all participants for their excellent work!!

We look forward to seeing your poems!!!!

As a side note, be sure to keep casting your daily votes for the Sanctum. You can do so by clicking here!
I have done some looking and i have found something called Epic Poetry and i saw it can be as lengthy as The Odyssey, is that something similar to what we are allowed to submit?

You can submit a longer poem if you wish. We just ask that they be kept reasonable, as a winner is chosen by people voting and we want voters to read through these submissions.

You can submit a longer poem if you wish. We just ask that they be kept reasonable, as a winner is chosen by people voting and we want voters to read through these submissions.
Ahh, thanks. I understand and i just wanted to ask. This is very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom