Unspecified Furanda's Roleplay Search

Currently reading:
Unspecified Furanda's Roleplay Search

Furanda

Forgotten Flounder
Staff member
Local time
Today 4:46 AM
I'm back (again)! My request thread hasn't really changed too terribly much, but take a look and shoot me a PM if you're interested!

About The Writer
  • I adore a good story, especially if it has a good, character-driven plot. Y'know, conflicting goals that put characters at odds, or similar goals but different methods, or any number of things that the characters might be striving for.
  • I freely admit that I have trouble getting from point B to C in plotting. It's something I'm working on overcoming as a writer. Enter roleplaying. Let's work together to craft a good one that we'll both enjoy! Lots of OOC talk to figure out at where we want to go is appreciated. c:
  • I like to write at least 3-4 paragraphs a post, but I tend to mirror my partner. If you're more comfortable with 1-2 paragraphs per post, I can do that, too, and if you like to respond with meatier posts, I can do that, too! I do need at least a paragraph from my partners, though.
  • While high fantasy has been my go-to for my own original prose, I'm open to other genres and settings. I shy away from research-heavy settings, but if the plot were interesting enough, I could get over myself for that. ;)
  • I'm not a fast replier, as life keeps me busy. My goal is to get any replies I owe out at least once per week--if life gets too much crazier, it may slow down, though I'll try to give warning.
Limits
As a writer, I'm willing to stretch my comfort zone. That said, there are still some things that I might have a hard time writing. I couldn't even make it through the first GoT book, so gritty violence will be a struggle. If you have something extreme or something that might be uncomfortable, pitch the idea and I'll see how I feel. It really depends on the context. At this time, I'm limiting sexual scenes in RPs to fade-to-black to respect my partner's feelings on the matter.

Pairings for Plottings
If you're looking for pairings and want to come up with plot together, here's where to look.
  • Kidnapped x kidnapper
  • Angel x demon
  • Vampire x human
  • Elf x human
  • Goblin x human
  • Knight x princess/Prince
  • Slave x master
  • Commoner x noble
  • Angel/demon x human
  • Fae x human
  • Assassin x Target
  • Mafia boss x ordinary citizen

Plots Seeds
Plot ideas to use as springboards. I have very little past the beginnings to offer. Let's make them fun together?
The classic stranding story. The characters have survived a ship sinking or a plane crash, and now they are stuck. The biggest hurdle to survival? Their own bodies. Each character faces their own chronic illness, anything from IBD to cancer. The stress of being stranded makes them more ill, and if they aren't found soon, their own illnesses will kill them.

The people of Prailes were once plagued by dragons, with townspeople being taken, their livestock eaten, and their buildings burned. Five-hundred years before, the leader of the dragons made a contract with the humans. The other dragons would find other places to bother, and when the dragon awoke from his 500-year sleep, he would require a mate from the humans to accompany the human form he had been meditating to attain. Now 500 years have passed, and it is time for the contract to be fulfilled.

There have always been clans with strange qualities to them. Most are inevitably discovered and taken advantage of. The Zerbaen, however, have escaped notice of the powers that be, the kingdoms and governments that have risen and fallen. They have slipped through the centuries unnoticed, stealing in and out of the lives of leaders as desired, yet no records exist of these interactions. History has never remembered the Zerbaen clan; they are the forgotten. Until now.

Many members of the Zerbaen clan carry the hereditary affliction that they call Angohie. The forgetting. Those who inherit Angohie experience it one of two ways: males simply carry it and are not affected by the symptoms of the trait, while the women who inherit it are forgotten by all who see them within a day, with the exception of those who have inherited Angohie.

The unthinkable happens. A member of the clan betrays their people, and everyone is either captured or on the run, thrust out into a world that has never remembered them.

With a similar base concept to the plot above, except in a more modern setting with different uses. A hereditary disorder named "Angohie" has a strange effect. Those with the activated genes are forgotten by any without the gene who see them within the next period of unconsciousness--the sole exception being those who carry the gene but don't have Angohie. Despite the best efforts of the clan carrying Angohie, political powers discovered and subdued them.

Now carriers and sufferers of Angohie are highly prized pawns of Perrantia, a world superpower in no small part thanks to the use of Angohie agents. They are kept under the authority of Project Reset, named so for the useful capacity to reset a target's memories of an encounter through unconsciousness, a state secret and highly coveted tool. They are used for everything from reconnaissance to assassinations, handled by the carriers of the gene, who serve as pawns of control. There are a lot of possibilities to toy with!

Dying? Don't despair! For the small price of your soul, you can delay your death and provide entertainment to a bored, emotionless demon! Simply summon a demon before you actually die, negotiate borrowing their heart, and you're golden. No more dying. Consequences may include but are not limited to the following: Limited rental time, insanity of demon partner should rental period be exceeded, demon partner feeling your emotions through borrowed heart, other demons attempting to devour you for that delicious demon heart, physical markings that indicate you've borrowed a demon's heart, etc.

Bored? Fret not! Now you can feel the range of human emotion at your leisure. Simply find a desperate dying human, offer to lend them your heart, and you get instant entertainment to keep that boredom at bay! Consequences may include but are not limited to the following: other demons trying to eat your heart while it's in a fragile human body, risk of insanity the longer your heart is out of you, constant awareness of where your human vessel is. Attachment to human vessels has been reported after extended periods of exposure to human emotion. Lend at your own risk.

Surprise Me!
I'm all for writing new and interesting ideas, so if you have something you want to write and you think I'd be interested in it, please send it my way!

Last edited:
Now updated with a new plot, "Never Remembered," that I really want to write!

Complete thread revamp! Please take a look and PM if anything piques your interest~

Back
Top Bottom