Galactic Thieves :: Space RP *interest check, need many people!*

Currently reading:
Galactic Thieves :: Space RP *interest check, need many people!*

OliverOwlBoi

Knight
Local time
Today 11:49 AM
(This thread will be regularly updated as more members join! Please refer here if you can't remember a certain character!
We are always accepting new members, PM me if you'd like to join once the session has started!)

INTRO:

The only home you've ever known is the darkness of space.
The Malum Empire is the largest government known to all the galaxies (that have been discovered so far). They are a cruel people, resembling the ancient humans long extinct. Long lanky bodies, along with 4 arms, 2 large, dark eyes, and purely made of skin. They are seen wearing long, draping robes. Leaders of government are seen in purple, signifying their importance. Soldiers and fighters are seen in orange, making them easy to spot (you'd think they knew better, being the leaders of the universe and all). They despise races that don't resemble their own, declaring high taxes on those who do not share their resemblance, or who they deem unworthy of being part of their community. Those who are not of the Malum Empire live on "undesirable" planets, called colonies. They station soldiers on every colony, keeping the citizens "in check" with excessive force. Speaking out towards the Malum Empire results in arrests. Trials are unfair, sentences are long, and the colonies are unhappy.

You are not from the Malum Empire...
Which means you're screwed.
Your family starves on your home colony, which is overcrowded. Nothing grows there but bland, tasteless foods. The days of green forests and interesting home species are long gone. You know nothing but the work you were assigned by the Malums.
You've had enough!
With the little money your family has given you, you buy a space ticket to the one colony that has the most freedom. A free-trade planet called Artis. All you know is that you need to find a way to make your colony better, for your people (even if most of them you may not like). Whispers surround you, some about trades, some about illegal substances. One word catches your attention, and you stop in your tracks. "Gratia.."
You thought they were just a rumor. But you need to know more...
You approach the creature you heard speak it. They're a large, grey, frog-like shop keep. "What do you want, kid?" they ask harshly, leaning over and spitting a neon green slime into a rusty metal pail. You lean towards them, and as quietly as possible, ask "I'd like to speak to the Gratia...". They grab you, pulling you close. "Watch whatcha say!! Don't need any Malums kickin my door in." They set you down, squinting at you. "What do you need em for?" they ask, as if you were buying their wares. You look behind them, seeing that they seemed to be selling... toilet lids... as hats.
You look down at your feet, then quickly look back at them. "To improve my colony, and improve the galaxy..."
They watch you for a moment, then grunt. They grab you by the arm and drag you back into their shop, opening a trap door behind one of their toilet hats. You duck inside, entering complete darkness. Feeling the walls, you make your way in, farther and farther, until you reach a sheet with pale light shining through. You hear voices. Your organs quicken, nervousness setting in.

Before you can enter, a hand reaches through and pulls you in. You tumble onto the floor, and look up.
A figure, covered in shadow, barks down at you. "What do you want?"
You shake, stuttering, "T-to join Gratia... please, I just want freedom for everyone!" you say, gulping.
Silence. Then that same strong arm pulls you up to your feet. Your eyes adjust.
"Well, you're in the right place." she says, looking you up and down. The owl-like creature gives a slight smile, though she looks slightly unimpressed. "I'm Andria. Welcome to the team."

MAIN PLOT:

You have joined Gratia, a resistance against the Malum Empire. Your group is known throughout the galaxy as thieves, though that is mostly because of the Malums statements against you.
You're fighting for freedom from the Malum Empire.
The group starts off slow, mostly stealing from wealthy races and giving it to planets in need. Words pass to and from you through the trading planet, Artis, and your accomplices there. While you have many hiding places on Artis, your main hideout is an uncharted, tiny planet far from the Malum Empire. Andria, the founder and leader of Gratia, has affectionally named it "Libertas".
Malums and their allies, known by the purple and orange gowns they wear, will try to stop you on the way. You are all highly wanted criminals, facing the highest punishments.
Andria plans to some day fight the Malum Empire, using the combined skills of all the creatures she can get. The Malum may have numbers and high intelligence, but the creatures they treat harshly have strength, community, and hope. But first, she needs to build an army.

Your mission for now? Make money, help the mistreated, free the imprisoned.

But whatever you do...

DON'T. GET. CAUGHT.

ROLEPLAY RULES:
> Basic rules of the website apply
> Keep things PG
> No overpowered/unkillable characters
> I have the right to ask you to change things about your character if they seem to be overpowered/underflawed
> If you have a question/suggestion, please PM me! <3
> PLEASE let me know if you will be absent for a long period of time
> Don't apply for a major position if you are rarely online
> Please make your character original (try not to do fan characters, regular neko people, etc. Make it unique!)
> If you read these, put "owlboi" in your extra space on the character form

ENVIRONMENTS:

Malum Empire - A large planet solely inhabited by the Malums. It's made of light blue crystal towers, clean purple rivers that smell sickly sweet, and large, seafoam-green trees filled with plump, vibrant orange fruits. High walls surround the villages and cities Malums reside in. The main court, named Malum Atrium, is the only place outsiders can (legally) enter and exit the Malum Empire. Civilian Malums, often in blue or green robes, never leave, as they have no reason to. Leaders, in purple robes, rarely leave for their protection, as well as being needed to govern over all the colonies. Soldiers, in orange robes, are on every colony, constantly traveling in and out with prisoners and law breakers.

Artis - A large, messy planet filled with shops. The atmosphere has an orange tint to it, the ground an ugly, grey-green and red. Shops, trading posts, and eateries are littered everywhere. Anything and everything you can imagine is sold here, both legal and illegal. Many of your allies reside here, traveling to and from your home planet (that is, with some pay) to delivery money and goods to your family/people. Malums constantly patrol, but it's impossible to be in every place at once, even for them. While you have to be careful here, Artis is a second home to you.

Libertas - A tiny planet where the Gratia's resign. It's a slightly cooler planet, but the most lush planet you've ever seen. Tasteful food grows there, as well as an array of brightly colored, non-sentient creatures (aka: meat food source for carnivores). Andrea discovered this planet as a young traveler, and is still surprised that it hasn't been discovered. A large bunker, which is completely underground, is where you live. It is camouflaged in with the surrounding forest. You enter through a false tree, only able to be seen if you are told it's there ("It's that well hidden!" Andrea constantly says, puffing up her feathers). There are many rooms in the bunker, so each creature has their own space. The rooms are customizable to the environment you need to survive. Training happens deep in the forest, in a hidden clearing surrounded by tall trees. Crystal blue water runs in streams. It's truly a sight to behold compared to your grey, dying planet.

CREATURE DESCRIPTIONS (Non-playable):

Malums - They are a cruel people, resembling the ancient humans long extinct. Long lanky bodies, along with 4 arms, 2 large, dark eyes, and purely made of skin. They are seen wearing long, draping robes. Leaders of government are seen in purple, signifying their importance. Soldiers and fighters are seen in orange, making them easy to spot (you'd think they knew better, being the leaders of the universe and all).

Texeres - Cat-like creatures. They're covered in ugly, dirty fur, and have 4 eyes. Their only goal/purpose is to verbally attack anyone they see fit. They have no care for anyone, except others Texeres. They are disliked by everyone, and are mostly an annoyance, though they can get violent if you interact with them for too long. They are harmless and will act tough until someone comes along and puts them in their place, where they immediately back down. They make their money by snitching to the Malums. One bloodline on their planet, however, always produces regal, sleek, beautiful kits. Those kits are sold from the planet as pets for the Malums. Though they are sentient creatures, they might as well not be. Horrible creatures for horrible Malums, seems like a perfect fit!

------

CHARACTER FORM:
vvvvvvvvvvvv

Name: (Please keep it simple!)

Position: (Think about what the group does and doesn't already have. We need lots of different skills! Feel free to make a new position and I'll add it if it's good!)

Pronouns: (Pick any: he/she/they)

Age: (Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Middle Aged, Senior)

Food Type: (Carnivore, Omnivore, Herbivore)

Appearance: (Include type of creature with a detailed description of their body and their clothes (if they wear any) as well as what environment they thrive in. Please be as detailed as possible. Including a drawing is a bonus, but please don't steal from google!)

Personality: (Describe what they're like and how they interact with others!)

Special Skills: (list 3-5 skills. Be reasonable and keep it related to your creature's type!)

Flaws: (List 3-5 flaws. No overpowered characters! Something that will make their life/fighting style difficult in a way.)

If I become inactive, I want my character to be: (Roleplayed by another member, killed off, MIA, etc)

Extra:

------

CURRENT SUBPLOT/AGENDA:
We need new recruits! Round up your friends and report for training. Meet on planet Artis and await instructions from Andria, leader of the Gratia. And remember... don't get caught!

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS (OCs):

LEADER:

Name: Andria
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Food Type: Omnivore
Appearance: Anthropomorphic owl. Greyish blue feathers with white highlights around her eyes, cheeks, and beak. Scaly pitch black "hands" (talons, like her feet, with feathers ending at the wrist) and thighs. Her legs are scaly and pitch black. She has crystal blue eyes, giving her a strong, fearless look. Greyish blue topped, big wings on her back, with white undersides, can tuck into her back. She wears crystal blue clothes when on Libertas (her "casual" clothes) that resemble a cloak. When out and about, she wears black clothes that keep to her form for quick escapes. She always carries her black bow and homemade arrows (with her own feathers on the end) as well as a super-light shield.
Personality: Andrea is very strict, smart, and sometimes cold. She enjoys her time on Libertas the most, and is pretty kind while there. But anywhere else she won't take any crap from anyone. She's very commanding of the Gratias, demanding everything be run by her before any actions are taken. While she can be strict and sometimes cold, she is very fair. She is trained in basic survival, and makes sure that every creature that joins the cause can take care of themselves in an emergency. She would die for the members of Gratia.
Special Skills: Archery. Spying. Can fly extremely fast and is very agile, as well as silent. Intelligence. Nightvision.
Flaws: Not very strong. Swords don't work for her. Puts herself in danger constantly to save members of Gratias who have screwed up. Can't swim very well. Paranoid.

Second In Command:

Medics:

Fighters:
Hamish McDavver
Position: First Mate (Second in Command)
Pronouns: He/Him
Appearance:
Physical: Humanoid crossbreed with dull grey coloured skin and bright cat-like golden eyes. 5'9'' with black hair and elongated canines.
Clothing: Simple books, dress pants, plain blouse and coat.
Personality: Fiercely loyal and the strong-silent type. He is very observant and prefers to listen into a conversation to gain intell before speaking or interacting.
Special Skills: Phasing and heightened senses.
Flaws: Is mortally afraid of swimming/can't swim and is extremely shy around females. Physically, the cold weather is his nemesis.
If I become inactive, I want my character to be: Killed off
Extra: owlboi *hoot hoot*

Spies:
Anastasia (Spider) Oaks
Orientation: Pansexual
Food Type: Carnivore
Pronouns: She/Her

APPEARANCE
Height: 4'9" (sometimes 5 inches* check powers)
Weight: 110 pounds - less then a pound
Body: Slim, hourglass-like

SKILLS
Sizeshifting: The power to change her size on will, she often uses it to prank people. Uses a lot of energy
Poison Bites: She has long, spider-like fangs filled to the brim with poison. (Hence the nickname Spider)
Super Quiet: Easy to sneak around and attack if needed.

FLAWS
Childish: She often acts like a child, very emotional
Arrogant: She does her own thing, no matter what others say
Hates Guns: She had a terrible experience with guns while being in her smaller form

PERSONALITY
Bubbly, Stressed, easy to anger (anger issues), Always tries to make others happier!

What she looks like
joleenev2human-jpg.10580

Engineers:
Ysaac
Position: Engineer/Fighter (but prominently engineer)

Pronouns: He

Appearance: Ysaac is an Icrux. Icrux are humanoid reptiles native to Lao DX5U. Despite their large build, with the average Icrux being around nine feet tall, with a rare few pushing ten feet tall, Icrux is deceptively clever. Ysaac is from the northern continent of Lao DX5U, which means he has blue, green and yellow scales.
Ysaac is 9'5", which is a little on the tall side of Icrux physiology, but not extremely. In comparison to that, Ysaac is well built. A rather muscular physique, that makes him look rather intimidating to those that don't know him.
His attire is often his work clothes, and people often wonder if he owns any other clothes. Heavy, black steel toe boots. Tan trousers, with extra pockets, and a few grease stains and burn marks from years of work. His left shin has a yellow armour pad, as he is often kneeling on it for work aboard whatever ship he is on. He wears an old, off white t-shirt under his work shirt, which is the same colour as his pants. Boasting a few extra pockets on the sleeve, as well as a chest-mounted rig that helps him with system diagnostics.
Ysaac is rarely seen without his tool belt or small double-barreled shotgun.

Personality: Contrary to his frightening appearance, he is surprisingly friendly. He isn't afraid to chat while he works, and is generally upbeat. He has taken a liking to 70s Earth music, and it isn't uncommon for him to play it while he works. More importantly, though, he is fiercely loyal to his crew and would die for them.
He is against violence, so tries his best not to escalate a fight, but that doesn't mean he can't kick ass. Given his size, when backed into a corner, he will lash out, and the results can be quite deadly for those on the wrong end of Ysaac's temper.

Special Skills: Is insanely strong compared to some other races. Knows how to fix just about anything to do with spacecraft. Doesn't sleep.

Flaws: Doesn't do so well on ice planets, or in the cold. Sometimes his size makes it hard to fit in smaller places. Doorways are often too small for him.

If I become inactive, I want my character to be: keep him in the background. A couple of subtle nods that he is around, just out of sight, fixing stuff.
Extra: Owlboi.
PZO7101-Vesk1.jpg

Undecided:

Last edited:

BASICS

Name: Anastasia (Spider) Oaks

APPEARANCE

SKILLS
Sizeshifting: The power to change her size on will, she often uses it to prank people. Uses a lot of energy
Poison Bites: She has long, spider-like fangs filled to the brim with poison. (Hence the nickname Spider)

FLAWS
Hates Guns: She had a terrible experience with guns while being in her smaller form

PERSONALITY
Bubbly, Stressed, easy to anger (anger issues), Always tries to make others happier!

What she looks like
joleenev2human.jpg

BASICS

Name: Anastasia (Spider) Oaks

APPEARANCE

SKILLS

FLAWS

PERSONALITY

What she looks like
View attachment 10580

Looks great! Just waiting for more people to join!

Name: Hamish McDavver
Appearance:
Physical: Humanoid crossbreed with dull grey coloured skin and bright cat-like golden eyes. 5'9'' with black hair and elongated canines.
Personality: Fiercely loyal and the strong-silent type. He is very observant and prefers to listen into a conversation to gain intell before speaking or interacting.
Flaws: Is mortally afraid of swimming/can't swim and is extremely shy around females. Physically, the cold weather is his nemesis.

Name: Hamish McDavver
Appearance:

Sounds great! But I will probably have you as a regular warrior or whatever other class of your choice first, as I'd like to pick my second mate once we start the roleplay!

We need at least one more person, so if you two know anyone who may be interested feel free to send a link to em!

PZO7101-Vesk1.jpg

Name: Ysaac

Appearance: Ysaac is an Icrux. Icrux are humanoid reptiles native to Lao DX5U. Despite their large build, with the average Icrux being around nine feet tall, with a rare few pushing ten feet tall, Icrux is deceptively clever. Ysaac is from the northern continent of Lao DX5U, which means he has blue, green and yellow scales.
Ysaac is 9'5", which is a little on the tall side of Icrux physiology, but not extremely. In comparison to that, Ysaac is well built. A rather muscular physique, that makes him look rather intimidating to those that don't know him.
His attire is often his work clothes, and people often wonder if he owns any other clothes. Heavy, black steel toe boots. Tan trousers, with extra pockets, and a few grease stains and burn marks from years of work. His left shin has a yellow armour pad, as he is often kneeling on it for work aboard whatever ship he is on. He wears an old, off white t-shirt under his work shirt, which is the same colour as his pants. Boasting a few extra pockets on the sleeve, as well as a chest-mounted rig that helps him with system diagnostics.

Personality: Contrary to his frightening appearance, he is surprisingly friendly. He isn't afraid to chat while he works, and is generally upbeat. He has taken a liking to 70s Earth music, and it isn't uncommon for him to play it while he works. More importantly, though, he is fiercely loyal to his crew and would die for them.
He is against violence, so tries his best not to escalate a fight, but that doesn't mean he can't kick ass. Given his size, when backed into a corner, he will lash out, and the results can be quite deadly for those on the wrong end of Ysaac's temper.

Special Skills: Is insanely strong compared to some other races. Knows how to fix just about anything to do with spacecraft. Doesn't sleep.

Flaws: Doesn't do so well on ice planets, or in the cold. Sometimes his size makes it hard to fit in smaller places. Doorways are often too small for him.

If I become inactive, I want my character to be: keep him in the background. A couple of subtle nods that he is around, just out of sight, fixing stuff.

PZO7101-Vesk1.jpg

Name: Ysaac

Looks great!! If everyone is ready to start, I'll make the main thread right now! This one will be kept open for new players! Also, where did you get the art? it's lovely!

Back
Top Bottom