Closed Gijinkamon: Gen 1 Interest Check

Radio Man

Knight
Local time
Today 4:57 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Disclaimers for any concerned parties lookin at this

To keep in line with the rules the website has and because I want to keep things decent and not weird here are some things to be aware of.

1. As this is a take on Pokemon, all characters featured in the main story will all be legal adults (18 or older). There will be no weird shit allowed for any characters that is below that.

2. The Pokemon/Gijinkamon in this rp are all either anthropomorphic, human like, and have as much cognitive understanding as a regular human. They all act, talk, and treat each other how regular people do. They are not full on animals or beasts and the Pokemon/Gijinkamon will not be treated as such for the context of this rp. There will be no weird shit allowed for any characters that are full on animals.

3. Some people like to use the term parody to allow adult situations to happen with anything, and sometimes the characters featured still retain a lot of the features and designs from their already existing versions. In this rp, any already existing characters needing to be aged up will look properly aged up with designs and features to match. They can still be the same person they were from the already existing version, and they can have designs that call back to their original looks, but they still must look and act like adult versions of those characters.

Hopefully this covers all of the more important concerns some may have when you first noticed this. If there is anything else that needs to be addressed I will be more than happy to add it to the list above. But now it's time for the main meat and potatoes of this ad!

Gijinkamon

An rp idea that has interested me for as long as I had gotten back into doing rp's in general. I even managed to get one story going with a friend on another site. But this time, I don't just want 1 person to do a story like this with, I want to do it with a whole gang! Allow me to describe how this thing will work!
1. The main idea is to do a run through of a Pokemon game where we also try to tell a story with original characters. Creating our own little arcs and relationships that can continue to build through out the coarse of the story. We can add our own little side plots to keep things interesting, but usually the main goal is to reach where the original games would end.

2. Adding a little spice to this idea would be to have all of the Pokemon be anthropomorphic/humanoid! Something I thought would be cool to do as now they can walk along side their trainers as true equals, as partners that can fully understand and stick with each other. Also because I just thought it would be a cool idea and add a bit of diversity to the character featured in the story.

3. The main number of people to be a part of the rp I'm hoping to get would be around 7. One person would act as the trainer, and the other 6 would be the Gijinkamon that accompany them on their journey.

4. To make things a bit more interesting, the only Pokemon to be featured in this rp should be ones that were introduced in the region. However if they got an evolution that it was introduced in a later generation they can be allowed to be featured in the rp too. Legendaries are also eligible to be involved too.

5. For the starters your more than welcome to pick from this selection. (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, and Eevee) Having one of these be your Gijinkamon of choice would be important, especially for the start of the rp. But don't let this push any pressure on you if you do want to play as a Gijinkamon in this rp. You're free to make your own choice as to who you want to play as.

6. If you couldn't tell by the heading for this ad, this rp will focus around the games Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Let's go Pikachu, and Let's go Eevee. Which means this story will take place in the Kanto region, the place everyone thinks of whenever Pokemon get's brought up in any conversation.

kq8mzkvpkjy51.png

7. For this rp, I will play the npcs and side characters that appear through out the coarse of the story. I will also be taking the roll as one of the Gijinkamon that goes on this long adventure.

8. If for some reason you need to take a break from the rp to take care of more important matters, I can hopefully have someone cover for you with their own character as yours can relax in the PC boxes. If you decide to come back, I will try my best to make sure that your character and the other character that was added in during your absence have enough time to shine in the ongoing story.

9. This rp is something that I hope can make it toward the end with, and I would hope I'm able to let everyone who takes part in it have as much fun as they possibly can with it. But I guess if there is one thing I would hope you can do to make it even better is if everyone has some sort of dedication to it. I'm saying that this thing has to be the number 1 most important thing on everyone's minds because it shouldn't, this is just meant to be a fun group rp based on a silly idea that I thought would be fun to do. But if you do want to take part in it, I just hope you can stay with us as long as you still have fun with it. At the very least, let me know if something pops up and you might need to take a break from it, I can completely understand if something else needs more attention. Just be sure to say something before you go and hopefully don't turn into a ghost leaving everyone to wonder what's going to happen. I really hope I don't sound strict or mean when I say this, because I really don't want to. I just hope everyone can understand and be ok with it.

That's hopefully all of the main things I felt like I needed to put in here for anyone interested in doing this rp with me. If you have anything to ask me concerning any of this please don't hesitate to dm me. If you do want to take part in this rp, please say so in the comments below and maybe give a little character sheet for who you want to play as. If you want a rough idea of what a one should look like for this I hope you can use the one I list below as a rough basis for what it should look like and include.
Name:
Character Type: (Either Trainer or Gijinkamon)
Gijinkamon Line: (If applicable)
Bio:
Character Descriptions/Reference Images

If you want to add anything else to your character sheet than you are more than welcome to do so. I will add my own character sheet down in the comments for who I'm going to play when I am available to do so and not when it's super late during the night. (I really need to get my sleep schedule in check...) Other than that, I hope to hear from anyone wanting to do this story with me. Let's make something fun together!​

Last edited:
I'm interested in joining. Will this character work?

Name: Riley
Character Type: Gijinkamon
Gijinkamon Line: Eevee – Sylveon if possible.
Bio: Bloodthirsty. Likes fighting more than anything else. Very enthusiastic about violence, to the point that it's kind of disturbing. Was found in Viridian Forest injured in the aftermath of a fight. Was arrested after admitting he incited the fight (quote: "This Pidgey fuck was talking smack so I took a swing at him, and then his buddies, and then their buddies, and then..."). Is currently on parole.
67e0b2984401ff995bc441b55acb487077045cbf.png

I'm interested in joining. Will this character work?

Name: Riley
Gijinkamon Line: Eevee – Sylveon if possible.
Bio: Bloodthirsty. Likes fighting more than anything else. Very enthusiastic about violence, to the point that it's kind of disturbing. Was found in Viridian Forest injured in the aftermath of a fight. Was arrested after admitting he incited the fight (quote: "This Pidgey fuck was talking smack so I took a swing at him, and then his buddies, and then their buddies, and then..."). Is currently on parole.
View attachment 79514
An interesting take on an Eevee/Sylveon character, but I don't see why we can't have fun with it!

Hello! This looks so fun, my first ever RP I was a part of was a gijinkamon RP and this brings back so many memories! I hope my gal Yuri will be okay for this?

Name: Yuri
Gijinkamon Line: Gastly
Bio: Yuri used to live a happy, carefree life in Celadon City, Kanto with her mother, father, and little brother Michael. They were well off in terms of money and they lived comfortably- A well known family in the neighborhood. Yuri grew up as a normal child, had friends, experienced heartbreak, and found joy. She even had plans for the future: go to college, settle down with a nice partner and possibly have children. Of course, nothing perfect can ever last. Yuri has no idea how she met her fate, but she plans to find out.
Ghastly.jpg

Hello! This looks so fun, my first ever RP I was a part of was a gijinkamon RP and this brings back so many memories! I hope my gal Yuri will be okay for this?

Name: Yuri
Gijinkamon Line: Gastly
Bio: Yuri used to live a happy, carefree life in Celadon City, Kanto with her mother, father, and little brother Michael. They were well off in terms of money and they lived comfortably- A well known family in the neighborhood. Yuri grew up as a normal child, had friends, experienced heartbreak, and found joy. She even had plans for the future: go to college, settle down with a nice partner and possibly have children. Of course, nothing perfect can ever last. Yuri has no idea how she met her fate, but she plans to find out.
View attachment 79599
I'd say your in by just the design of your character alone, but that wouldn't be fair so I'll approve everything here and say you're in!

Howdy! Im interested in this. Still trying to decide if I want to make a trainer or 'mon tho, but I'm interested!

Howdy! Im interested in this. Still trying to decide if I want to make a trainer or 'mon tho, but I'm interested!
Well take your time, there ain't no rush to this. I'm just happy that your interested in doing this with us!

Finally got my character sheet ready for everyone to look at. Took longer than I thought it would but I did it.

Name: Baku
Gijinkamon Line: Drowzee - Hypno
Bio: Drowzee's and Hypno's are not the most popular Gijinkamon around. Most would take one look at them and they would all give either a uncomfortable or disinterested look. Maybe it had something to do with their psychic abilities not being as good as other Gijinkamon, maybe it was just the over all appearance and demeanor, maybe it had something to do with that one Hypno that abducted people to drain all of the energy out of them until they were just a broken husk. Whatever the case, the Hypno line had a very negative reputation. Baku was hoping to change that by using his gifts and special interests to become a therapist. Attending a Paldeian university and trying to better his psychic abilities to take the positive dreams of others and use it to help understand the patients he would help. Coming back to Kanto after 4 years abroad, he would still find himself facing roadblocks to get his foot through the door, and he was quickly running low on money in order to provide for himself and pay his college debts. He would need to find some way to get back on his feet somehow, to help those in a way he felt only he could.
Character Description/Reference Image:

Drowzee.png

Hypno.png

Last edited:
I would love to join!, please let me know if my character fits!

Name: Wren Vistabull
Character Type: Gijinkamon Trainer
Bio:
Wren was born in Cerulean City to an eccentric family of pugilists who performed fantastic feats of strength with their Hitmonchan. A love of Gijinkamon fights and boxing being mixed into one. Wren vying to become a trainer on her own and burst from the nest in pursuit of greatness. She is a muscular girl with tanned skin, adorned in sleeveless hoodies and baggy pants. She loves getting into scuffles as much as she loves training her Gijinkamon (often treating them better than her peers)
d6b4a7b7df2971dd25c3c8f083b3c954.jpg

I would love to join!, please let me know if my character fits!

Name: Wren Vistabull
Character Type: Gijinkamon Trainer
Bio:
Wren was born in Cerulean City to an eccentric family of pugilists who performed fantastic feats of strength with their Hitmonchan. A love of Gijinkamon fights and boxing being mixed into one. Wren vying to become a trainer on her own and burst from the nest in pursuit of greatness. She is a muscular girl with tanned skin, adorned in sleeveless hoodies and baggy pants. She loves getting into scuffles as much as she loves training her Gijinkamon (often treating them better than her peers)
d6b4a7b7df2971dd25c3c8f083b3c954.jpg
I'd say we have our trainer for this adventure! I would also say that I might have screwed up and just now realized that I forgot to add gender's to the character sheets. Something I know I'll have to fix, and if anyone who is a part of the rp want's to add it to their character sheets, you are more than welcome to.

Hey!

I hope it's not too late, but I would love to do a group roleplay for something like this - Pokemon Yellow always had a very special place in my heart.

Name: Draco.
Gijinkamon Line: Charmander Line.
Bio: Draco was always quick on his feet. He's a swift mover, and a swift thinker. Strategizing on the battlefield, and always trying to stay a step ahead. While he acts in a strategic sense, he doesn't sound it - He is talkitive and abrasive, always willing to be a friend to others or try to help the little guy, acting as the 'underdog' to some degree, always travelling in order to look for someone to help.
a870cf69bbecff82bd74b898de317a21.jpg

Let me know if you're still accepting members and this works!

Hey!

I hope it's not too late, but I would love to do a group roleplay for something like this - Pokemon Yellow always had a very special place in my heart.

Name: Draco.
Gijinkamon Line: Charmander Line.
Bio: Draco was always quick on his feet. He's a swift mover, and a swift thinker. Strategizing on the battlefield, and always trying to stay a step ahead. While he acts in a strategic sense, he doesn't sound it - He is talkitive and abrasive, always willing to be a friend to others or try to help the little guy, acting as the 'underdog' to some degree, always travelling in order to look for someone to help.
a870cf69bbecff82bd74b898de317a21.jpg

Let me know if you're still accepting members and this works!
Comprende, you are not late at all and I'm more than happy to let you and your character be a part of this rp!

I'm so excited for this to start! All of the characters are looking great!

Happy 4th of July to anyone and everyone who celebrates it, and if you don't well I hope your day is going well regardless. We still have two spots open for anyone interested in playing a Gijinkamon for this rp so if you're interested in being a part of this. Please let me know and send your character sheet either here or just dm it to me. Either way I hope everyone is having fun on a day that might mean something to you or is just another regular ol day.

Well… Count me in then.

Name: Baletti
Gijinkamon Line: Oddish - Gloom - Vileplume
Bio: Baletti is an aspiring Gijinkamon doctor, hoping to become a pokecenter nurse. Growing up in a small house along Route 24, Baletti doesn't have much 'worldly' experience to supplement her natural smarts. She has a talent for book-learning, though she has a long way to go if she wants to become a full-fledged physician. She's currently working as an intern in the pokemon research center, but her skittish nature and withdrawn disposition get in the way of her handling the work with Gijinkamon all too well.

The Oddish line isn't a particularly well-liked kind to begin with, being known primarily for the usually unpleasant smells of their flowers. Baletti herself prefers to avoid open conflicts, as well as Gijinkamon fights which she considers 'mean'. She also frightens or gets intimidated easily, even by her patients. Still like most medical personnel, she has a fairly caring nature and a tendency to help anyone who is hurt even if her bedside manner could use a lot of work.
IMG_0442.jpeg

Note: Rafflesia Baletei is the scientific name of one of the smaller species of Rafflesia, the genus of plant Gloom and Vileplume are based on (parasitic plants known for their striking flower with a core smelling like rotting flesh).

The reason it's Gloom rather than Oddish is simple: Oddish is always drawn as a child. Which makes sense, but no.

If it'd work better, I originally considered making a Bulbasaur template to propose as the starter, but after Charizard was added I swapped to a less common Grass/Poison I could find cool art for. If it's better storywise I could swap back, since I did like the backstory enough to keep it largely unchanged from the version that was explicitly set up to be given to an aspiring trainer. The setup of a young person literally 'budding' open into a flower is the same in both versions.

Last edited:
This looks interesting! Is it any more space for another to join? I'd love to be a part of this!
As of right now I'm pretty sure one more spot is open for this group. So if you wanna be a part of it, now would be a great time! Though there is no rush, take as long as you need to work on any character sheet you would want to work on.

Well… Count me in then.

Name: Baletti
Gijinkamon Line: Oddish - Gloom - Vileplume
Bio: Baletti is an aspiring Gijinkamon doctor, hoping to become a pokecenter nurse. Growing up in a small house along Route 24, Baletti doesn't have much 'worldly' experience to supplement her natural smarts. She has a talent for book-learning, though she has a long way to go if she wants to become a full-fledged physician. She's currently working as an intern in the pokemon research center, but her skittish nature and withdrawn disposition get in the way of her handling the work with Gijinkamon all too well.

The Oddish line isn't a particularly well-liked kind to begin with, being known primarily for the usually unpleasant smells of their flowers. Baletti herself prefers to avoid open conflicts, as well as Gijinkamon fights which she considers 'mean'. She also frightens or gets intimidated easily, even by her patients. Still like most medical personnel, she has a fairly caring nature and a tendency to help anyone who is hurt even if her bedside manner could use a lot of work.
View attachment 80278

Note: Rafflesia Baletei is the scientific name of one of the smaller species of Rafflesia, the genus of plant Gloom and Vileplume are based on (parasitic plants known for their striking flower with a core smelling like rotting flesh).

The reason it's Gloom rather than Oddish is simple: Oddish is always drawn as a child. Which makes sense, but no.

If it'd work better, I originally considered making a Bulbasaur template to propose as the starter, but after Charizard was added I swapped to a less common Grass/Poison I could find cool art for. If it's better storywise I could swap back, since I did like the backstory enough to keep it largely unchanged from the version that was explicitly set up to be given to an aspiring trainer. The setup of a young person literally 'budding' open into a flower is the same in both versions.
I think this be cool enough as it is! Also you don't have to have the basis for what your character looks like be with what ever images you find online. If you wanted to you could describe it via words or just general descriptions of what your character would look like. That way you could do a character for oddish without shifting through various pictures that depicts them as a kid. But ya know what, I will respect your decision as the less underage looking characters we have be a part of this rp, the better.

Back
Top Bottom