MxM Grey's original and fandom thoughts

Currently reading:
MxM Grey's original and fandom thoughts

greyrock

Serf
Local time
Tomorrow 12:10 AM
Please see here for lots of info on me and how I play, including yups, nopes, post length (tl;dr: write what fits the narrative, know when to stop, don't paint your prose an obnoxious shade of purple). Since these are vaguely pairing-based, though, I've copy-pasted the relationshippy bit here for ease of reference:

I'll be ironically straight with you: there's gonna be a lot of gay going down in here.

Relationshippin'
Having said that, PLEASE give me drama, give me plot, give me complications outside of the relationship, give me politics, give me problems! It doesn't have to be all fluffy relationshippy cuddles and heart eyes. I tend not to like relationship drama for the sake of it, but I do love both individuals and couples facing external problems.

I like complex interactions, both within the couple itself and with their wider environment. Political drama is often fun. Overcoming a major issue or threat together, depending on the setting. A relationship which one or the other "shouldn't" be in for some reason (different social classes, parental disapproval — even if the parties are adults themselves — different races if it's a fantasy or sci-fi sort of setting, etc).

Depending on characters and setting, I'm generally down for siblings or cousins consensual incest (no parent/child, please and thank you, no matter how consensual), age gaps as long as all parties are over 18, pregnancy/male pregnancy if it makes sense in the setting and for the characters, non-human characters if they're fairly humanoid (elves, faerie, that sort of thing; no anthro/'animal' characters), possibly other things — feel free to ask.

I don't do hardcore/24-7 BDSM, noncon/dubcon (except possibly as backstory and even that's iffy; if it's absolutely necessary for the plot, let's discuss), anything explicit, or much in the way of kink.

This bit is important:

Behind closed doors
Smut isn't going to happen.
Please don't ask. I'm not comfortable writing it and I can almost guarantee you won't enjoy reading it, because I'm not any good at writing it either.

Relationships, on the other hand, are very much welcome. I'm absolutely down with knowing they're doing it, I just don't want to be there to witness it when they are. We can fade to black and pick up afterwards.

That said... here's some thoughts.

Original:
Twins or brothers
Both of the above could be done across a variety of settings — I like to have a shade of fantasy in my RP, but whether that's modern magical realism or good old-fashioned swords and sorcery in a mediaeval-type setting is all up for discussion. I'd probably lean towards a more historical-high-fantasy sort of world, but give me an elevator pitch if you've got something in mind.

Needless to say, whatever setting we put them in, incest is a cultural taboo in almost all societies. They're going to have a lot of good reasons to keep it quiet. Or do they? Perhaps they're so powerful (nobility, magical clout, political or business reasons -- either them personally, or their family) that they can get away with it? I doubt everybody would be so okay with that, of course, so there could be lots of potential for adventure and drama (maybe some courtly politics) there.

Alternatively, they do keep it very much hush-hush... what if someone found out? Bribery, blackmail, one or both being forced into marrying (would they do it, or would they find a way out)?
Lord and Servant
Mediaeval (ish) fantasy setting, potential for lots of political and family drama. I'll play either, but would prefer the servant role not to be wholly subservient — at least in private, they're more equals.

The 'servant' role could be anything from guard captain to stable hand; different degrees of space between their positions could have interesting bearings on their relationship — both in public and private.
Elder vamp and younger... rebel?
He's not a fledgling, but his clan sire thinks he should have settled a lot by now. One man's rebel is another man's 'I know my own mind and your old-fashioned doctrine is just... stop. Just stop. I [love/admire/respect] you, but stop.'

Open to a bit of VERY light domination in this one (more tending towards threats than any action), but there needs to be some genuine affection between them even if the elder doesn't necessarily say it much. Maybe sometimes the younger's more outgoing, modern, or brash personality serves them well in a greater drama?

I'd prefer to play the younger one, but might be open to negotiation. This could work well with each of us playing multiple characters in a more 'household' / family / nest-of-vamps setting.

Setting ideas
Mix and match! Some parts of these might go well together, or could be played in smaller chunks focusing on just a couple of characters.

Remember, primary pairings are MxM preferred, romance not strictly necessary but often good fun, plot and drama take precedence, smut's a nope. Other than that, if something stirs up your imagination, let's talk about it!

⭐️Courtly drama. Politics, mystery, intrigue, an assassin's guild, a war brewing, whispered secrets which could topple a kingdom...

⭐️Flamboyant, anything-goes high society (perhaps against a more dystopian underclass subplot) — could go near-future or futuristic for this one, or high fantasy style

⭐️A small gang of rebels, each picking up 2-3 characters (rebelling against what? The flamboyant upper classes? The courts of the first idea? A megalomaniacal magical overlord who's taken control of their city or country? Other?)

⭐️Heaven has fallen, or at least an angel or two (angel or fallen angel paired with demon? Or mortal? Or another fallen angel — or one who fell (and doesn't regret it one bit) still holds a flame for one who hasn't?)

⭐️Generic High Fantasy 101 (but let's put an original twist on it! If you've got a great idea for a high fantasy-style world but have been longing to do something a bit different, let's talk.)

⭐️Magic college (think a bit like Winterhold in Skyrim: adult pupils ranging in age from just past their majority to middle-aged and beyond, who have chosen to be there to hone their craft. What rivalries and strange alliances could arise? What if a change in staff caused ructions — perhaps a new Head of the college changing the rules, maybe allowing in a perceived 'underclass' who weren't previously admitted, or refusing entry to a group who have always been allowed to study there before? Or maybe it's wider external politics creating friction among the inhabitants…

Fandom:
Bold for the ones I can play confidently. If I can do both, I've starred my preference. No star, no preference on which!

Avengers (MCU more than comics, although I can get by a little, with some time to research)
Thor/Loki - very into the idea of pre-movies AUs, with either Jotun!Loki or their youth proceeding as per what we're shown in MCU but catching them before the events of Thor 1. My only caveat is please have faith in your ability to write a good Thor… i.e. not blooming daft. I hate it when Loki's accusations of him being stupid and oafish get wrapped up as a whole characterisation. There's more there… I'm not confident writing it myself, much, but I know it when I see it. And I bet you do too. ;-)
A handy quote regarding some possible plots said:
⭐️ genderfluid Lady Loki + boredom + some grand Asgardian celebration = chaos and fun for all (not smutty fun, we already covered that. But fun nevertheless. Maybe fading to black fun -- we'll see how mischievous and/or cruel s|he's feeling. And how observant Thor is that night.
⭐️ Mythology-based AUs -- let's fix those issues with most of the kids apparently not existing in MCU and Hela being entirely the wrong relation.
⭐️ Post-Infinity War -- either a) that actually was real death, but there's such a thing as an afterlife in their patheon; or b) dying? Loki? You have got to be kidding, come on.
⭐️ Pretty much any 'real world' AU we can come up with, on the premise that Thor 1 wasn't the first time either of them have been to earth in a few centuries at all (a line I have in mind goes something along the lines of: "The last time Odin had been sick of their shit enough to send both his sons to Midgard to 'learn a little humility', they had come back the best of friends having caused a lot of legends to be born around which the Midgardians would form at least one religion, and there had been mead halls and longships and raiding and it had been fun". This time might be less fun...
⭐Unknown to their fathers, who have been at war for as long as anyone can remember, Asgardian crown prince Thor and the "Jewel of Jotunheim", Laufey's youngest child Loki — both adventurers at heart in their own ways — met by chance many years ago and have maintained a secret friendship of sorts despite their realms' devastating disagreement. They certainly don't see eye to eye on everything, but have come to respect one another for each one's own skills and strengths, and have met regularly and been in secret contact for many years. Some mythology knowledge appreciated, but in no way necessary!
⭐Thor 1 AU: Instead of Odin rescuing the Three, Thor and Loki, the latter two have been captured, forcing Odin to consider negotiations for their return — if he mounts a military offensive the chances are both will just be slaughtered on the spot. Being manhandled by Laufey's prison guards forced the reveal of Loki's true species, but not his heritage; nobody's figured out yet that Loki is the long-lost crown prince of Jotunheim. He's regained his Aesir form, but they're battle-weary and freezing and maybe a little afraid, and it's a tenuous hold on the illusion.
Steve/Tony*

Tony
/Stephen Strange

Steve
/Bucky

Phil*/Clint
- please bear in mind I'm nowhere near up to date on AoS, so anything referencing that is out. Movies timeline, AU based on movie timeline, or pre-movies is all cool.

I can also pick up a few other MCU characters if needs be, and if there's a ship there you're really into but I haven't listed, try me — I might go for it.
Harry Potter
Harry/Draco

Sirius/Remus
— after school and during the war, post-PoA, or a what-if AU wherein Sirius either doesn't go to Azkaban or is exonerated sooner perhaps? The latter could be combined with a sideline of drarry too, if wanted.

Sirius/Lucius*
— long before the books. I have a pervasive headcanon that they were close when they were kids; Lucy's maybe four years older, and maybe the one and only person who was even anything close to not completely blasting Sirius out of existence when he was "wrongly" sorted. Maybe they kept in touch secretly; maybe one of them can turn the other to their side in the First Wizarding War… open to suggestions. I have a lot of pureblood culture headcanons I'd love to share.

Others fandoms:
(These being in 'other' doesn't mean I'm not keen to play them!)

⭐️Andromeda - Tyr/Harper
⭐️BBC Sherlock - Mycroft/Greg Lestrade
⭐️Carry On - Simon/Baz (post-book. Can we get the magic back? Please?)
⭐️Dragon Age - Zevran/m!Warden (mine's m!Dalish rogue)
Dorian/m!Inquisitor (m!Lavellan rogue)
Dorian/Bull
Fenris/m!Hawke​

Last edited:
Not quite sure of etiquette, but I've seen a couple of threads bumped up so that's what this is.

Replies/thoughts/etc are welcome either in the thread or via PM :)

Little nudge-bump. Feel free to suggest ideas of your own, as long as you're okay with MxM and no smut, if you think you've got a plot we'd work well on together!

Givin' this a little bump up the line. PM me or just reply here, 's all good!

Back
Top Bottom