Zory

Sunshine Riptide
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 2:15 AM
Pronouns
They/Them
Hero Is Not A Synonym For Omnipotent

So just a superhero roleplay. I want heroes and villains and of course male and female. Of course the story will be more concrete once I see who wants to play, but the general consensus is the heroes have to learn to work together, and I'm definitely not opposed to villains winning either. Would anyone be interested?

I was thinking something like this to start off with?

Name:
Build:
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Costume:
Ability:
Hero or villain:
About:

Name: Ryland Vaughn a.k.a. Torrent

Orientation: Open

Build: Lean

Hair: Dirty Blond

Eyes: Gray

Height: 6'1

Costume: Black Spandex with lines of purple along the seams, a dark purple belt and mask with knee length black boots.

Ability: Can control weather

Hero or villain: Hero

I plan on working on his about, I'm just kind of surprised people were interested so quickly

Name: Jackson Pelletier
Orientation: Bi-Curious
Build: Lean and Athletic
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'10"
Costume: His only real costume is a zip up jacket with a lightning bolt emblazoned on the chest.

Ability: Heightened Physical Abilities.
Jackson is stronger, faster, and tougher than a normal man. He's strong enough to lift a passenger car and chuck it across a street. He can run at 65-70 miles per hour and sustain that speed for an hour or two. His standing vertical leap is roughly 30 feet, and he can do a controlled fall of up to 100 feet without harm. His reaction speed is fast enough to dodge a bullet if he's aware of the attack, but automatic fire will send him scrambling for cover. He's very resistant to blunt force trauma, but can be shot and stabbed just like anyone. His senses are also heightened, which can be a double edged sword, as he's susceptible to having those senses overwhelmed.

About:
Jackson has never been 'normal'. He's always suffered from ADHD and no matter how his parents tried to help, nothing worked. At their wit's end, they sent him off to a boarding school that specialized in intensive therapy for ADHD patients. In addition to therapy and coaching methods, the school also identified special candidates for illegal experiments.

Jackson was one of those 'special' students. While he thought he was just doing ROTC, he was actually being groomed to be a special agent, trained with martial arts, weapons, and general tradecraft. He also underwent strange therapies to help his body produce it's own amphetamines to combat the ADHD. The experiments were wildly successful. Not only can Jackson now focus, there have been other enhancements as well, such as strengthening his muscles and bones.

Of course, given the shady, illegal experimentation on students, it was inevitable that the school would be shut down. Despite being a minor, Jackson's enhancements became public knowledge. Not really wanting to join the military or other similar organizations, he's just taken a job delivering sandwiches for a neighborhood deli during the day. At night, he roams the streets and rooftops of his neighborhood, dealing with street level crime for the most part and just trying to make the streets safe for his neighbors.

parkour_tryvor___concept_2_by_tryvor-d659f3r.jpg

Name: Cimmerian "Meri" Anderson, aka Stormbringer
Orientation: bisexual
Build: tall, deceptively slender but very muscular
Hair: long, platinum blonde hair that falls in a curtain almost to her waist; when she's thinking, she tends to throw it up in a quick bun so that it doesn't get in her eyes.
Eyes: ice blue, uses heavy eyeliner for dramatic effect
Height: 6'
Costume: white catsuit with long sleeves and no discernible markings. When she activates her powers, a snowflake lights up in pale blue on her chest. She also wears a white mask that covers just over half her face, and her hair is either worn free or up in a bun.
Ability: weather/element manipulation. Meri can control the clouds and bend them to her will, creating massive storms with lightning, rain, snow, wind, etc. Her specialty is creating thunderstorms.
Hero or villain: Villain
About:
Personality--Meri is absolutely as austere as her appearance would suggest; she's cold, calculating, and merciless. It's best not to get on her bad side, as she doesn't forgive easily and has no qualms about making others' lives miserable. She's a smart woman and very good at strategy, which is why she enjoys chess and tends to plan her attacks like a chess game--strategic rather than power-focused. She prefers working by herself, viewing others as inferior; she doesn't have many friends due to her complete disregard for others' opinions, but she certainly has a lot of enemies.
Bio--Meri grew up as a triplet in a cozy suburban home in the Los Angeles area. Meri and her sisters Otta and Hart were always close as children, doing everything together and telling each other all their biggest secrets. That all changed when Meri woke up one morning with her powers, creating a blizzard in their quiet neighborhood that baffled weather experts worldwide. Ashamed of her powers and uncertain of how to control them, Meri left home at the age of fourteen rather than tell her sisters and parents about her problem. Living on the streets was very hard on her, but she managed to join a gang of misfits who had powers, too; alongside them, she learned how to master and actually enjoy using her powers. When she was nineteen, she met a young woman called Willow, who was an ordinary human with no powers. As the two became closer, Meri began to fall in love with her--and was devastated when Willow chose a handsome male superhero to marry rather than elope with "street scum" Meri. Since then, she's made it her mission to hunt down heroes and kill them off. Willow's husband was the first man that Meri ever murdered, but she couldn't bring herself to kill Willow... she sometimes wonders if the other woman is out there somewhere.

Would love to join!

Name: Elizabeth Lupin
Orientation: straight
Build: slender
Hair: red
Eyes: green
Height: 5'3
Costume: brown leather jacket, plain shirt, black skinny jeans, and tall brown boots.
Ability: shape shifter
Hero or villain: hero, for now.
About: Elizabeth is a secretive person. She won't trust others easily, but will stand with and protect anyone she comes across. Her motives and character might be hard to pin down, but she seems to be fighting for good, for now. She has a scar running down her left cheek, and get uncomfortable if you stare at it.
While distant with humans, she adore animals. Her favorite forms to take are of a black cat and large wolf like hound. She picks up any stray she find and works to find them homes.
Besides the animal companions Elizabeth is completely alone. She move about a lot, crashing in abandoned building or where ever else she can find refuge.

upload_2019-1-1_14-28-25.jpeg
Name: Kurt Kane. a.k.a. The Skull
Orientation: Straight
Build: Athletic, well built
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown, Grey when using powers
Height: 6'2
Costume:
674A843C-315C-4299-81F5-5F80074E5975.jpeg
Ability:
Tactile Telekinesis - Kurt is completely surrounded by a field of telekinetic energy, protecting him from harm and physical damage, enhancing his physical abilities, and allowing him to manipulate objects that he can touch or flying by pushing his body through the air.
Hero or villain: Villain
About: Kurt Kane runs a club for criminals. Whether his clients are simple thugs or super powered villains, Kurt doesn't ask questions. With Kurt's standing in the criminal community, he often doesn't get in fights alone. Nearly always having a couple normal thugs to back him up.
No one really knows where he came from, he just showed up one day, enlisting common criminals into a gang.

Last edited:
Super strength, flying, invulnerability, telepathy, and mind control? Damn. I aimed /way/ too low on my guy.

Name: Ryland "Ry" Vaughn a.k.a. Torrent
Orientation: Open
Build: Lean, but muscular
Hair: Dirty Blond
Eyes: Gray
Height: 6'1
Costume: Black Spandex with lines of purple along the seams, a dark purple belt and mask with knee length black boots. He has goggles he will occasionally pull over his face.
Ability: Can control weather

About: Ryland's story starts like any typical superhero. He went to college study meteorology and dropped out to become a storm chaser in the midwest. An equipment malfunction during a storm sent shockwaves through his body.

He's is friendly, but is also very serious. He's observant and likes to look an the entire situation, making 3 or 4 plans before executing them.

It's also posted in Poe's Corner for violence.

https://writerssanctum.com/threads/h-i-n-a-s-f-o.7161/

Name: Cathy Hartwell a.k.a. The Lynx
Orientation: straight
Build: small and lithe
Hair: black with streaks of tawny
Eyes: dark blue
Height: 5'4"
Costume: all black spandex with tan highlights running down the side of legs and across shoulders,
Ability: super stealth, excellent hearing and agility
Hero or villain: Villain!
About: TBD

Back
Top Bottom