Currently reading:
Hail fellows well met

TheBeard

Serf
Local time
Today 9:24 AM
Pronouns
he/him/his
Greetings, look forward to meeting as many of you as I can in the near future. This is a earnest attempt to return to a life of writing and role-paying, I've done so off and on for the past twenty or so years on some other forums, but alas life and kids and jobs and stuff and yada yada happens so I've lost touch with folks. I've actually been looking for a new realm to call home for some time now, it is surprisingly hard to find a place that "feels" right, but thanks to some good fortune that I likely do not deserve I found you all. I haven't been able to read as much as I want so far, have gone through the essentials however and am hoping get to know some folks until I run across something that tickles the fancy.

A bit about me. I'm a happily married fellow, have an amazing wife and two beautiful adult children (one is an English/German double major and the other will soon be a licensed teacher šŸ˜ Proud papa). I am a fan of many fantasy and sci-fi genres, really love me some Dragonlance and Star Wars though, I'd love to find a local table top D&D game to haunt as well but those are hard to find when you are touched with the social anxiety bug and a bit older than the average player these days.

Oh, I also have a beard. It is long, greying, and majestic.

Hello and welcome to the site! Huzzah for dragonlance and fantasy(and sci fi too i gueeess)! I am with you in the beard department, and I can attest to good games at 47, even in groups of twenty somethings. Roll20 has some games that are easy to get into and there are some other sites like that that make online playing easy. Sadly they focus on the combat aspect a lot in most of those games so it takes some searching for more RP focused games, but there are some out there.

if you havn't already, take a look at THE RULES and the
HANDY SANCTUM GUIDE. After that you can peek at the request threads to start looking for a partner and story idea that catches your fancy or make one of your own to get the people coming to you.

If you come across any questions as you explore the site, there are always some friendly faces in chat that can help!

If you want to make threads pretty here are the ways to do soem fun things after you get settled: https://writerssanctum.com/help/bb-codes/

Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Well, I'm 49 so we are in the same ballpark it seems. Hack and slash can be a lot of fun, cathartic at times even. šŸ˜ But all death and no depth doesn't keep ones attention for long.
Hello and welcome to the site! Huzzah for dragonlance and fantasy(and sci fi too i gueeess)! I am with you in the beard department, and I can attest to good games at 47, even in groups of twenty somethings. Roll20 has some games that are easy to get into and there are some other sites like that that make online playing easy. Sadly they focus on the combat aspect a lot in most of those games so it takes some searching for more RP focused games, but there are some out there.

Back
Top Bottom