Local time
Today 3:47 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome To:
HENDERSON
NATIONAL PARK

20200420_004212.jpg

It is with great pleasure that we inform you of your acceptance to the 62nd unit of the Association of National Park Rangers. Upon receiving this letter, you have already been officially listed as one of the first to care for a brand new national park.

Henderson Park shares a mountain range with a neighboring park, boasts pristine lakes and an almost untouched ecosystem, and most recently, has gained a protector dedicated to preserving all that makes it great. (Hint, that's you!)

Welcome to the team!

True to your acceptance letter's word, the majesty of Henderson Park is something to behold. Along with a small team of other rangers, it's your enviable job to see to the safety of the park and its visitors.

But of course, that comes after your own survival.

Within these woods are evils inconceivable to your mind, so monstrously horrid that the eyes refuse to comprehend. The park is infested with something you can choose to pretend isn't stalking from the shadows, playing tricks on your senses, but that blissful ignorance comes at the price of your life.

You can't leave.

You can't call for help.

May as well go out swinging.

Time for me to stop being so cryptic.

This RP is sort of a cross between two pieces of media you don't have to have experienced to participate. Firewatch, an oddly emotional game about being a park ranger with a series of disconnected relationships, and the delightfully disturbing artworks of Trevor Henderson.

Combined, Henderson Park is what some of you might call a sort of creepypasta RP. Just with the added twist of our characters not dying the second they confront something nasty.

(Granted, there is a video game that sort of does this same thing, but I'm choosing to include more than just one of Henderson's creations, not just the one above~)

(For my sake, please center your sheets when you post them.)

[Face Claim]

= NAME =

= AGE =

= GENDER =

= ORIENTATION =

= HEIGHT, BUILD =

= BIO =

= SKILLS =

~ Be somewhat active.

~ Be more than just literate.

~ Be available OOC for additional things?
(Not even sure what I mean by this one.)

Cast:
~ @CasualAdventurer
~ @TheDovah
~ @GillyFars
~ @jxs_lxn
~ OPEN

Last edited:
Spoopy. I'm interested!

(Edited to include character sheet.)

= NAME =
Carmen Kyu (Pronounced "Q")

= AGE =

= GENDER =
Female

= ORIENTATION =
Bisexual

= HEIGHT, BUILD =
5,7" 145lbs. Average yet athletic build, slightly toned from being a runner but not much in the muscles department. Hourglass frame with feminine hips, long willowy fingers and slim wrists. Unfortunate terrible posture from feeling too tall.

= BIO =
The middle child of five, with four competitive brothers. Unlike many middle children, she was given attention as the only girl, which came with certain expectations. Meet a nice man, get married, have babies. She was always placed in a very controlled environment with overbearing parents, and expected to do the best. Anything less was a let down, yet her brothers were allowed to be screw-ups all they wanted, so she felt. Carmen comes from a mixed-race household, having a Chinese father and Native American mother giving her a look that many couldn't guess. Having an ambiguous appearance made her feel like she didn't quite fit in, so she became competitive through track and field. Gaining athletic scholarships seemed to please her parents, yet dating both men and women was a no-no. She left home after grade school to set out and create her own identity, whatever that is. As she has come into her own, most people find her a bit cold and unapproachable, yet she simply wants to be accepted with no strings attached.

= SKILLS =
Skilled runner, Carmen has always been the fastest runner on a competitive scope. Perhaps we should see how fast she really can run…
Terrible cook. Will burn cereal.
Quick ability to think on her toes and improvise. More of the strong silent type.

Last edited:

= NAME =
Alex Ardana

= AGE =

= GENDER =
Female

= ORIENTATION =
Pansexual

= HEIGHT, BUILD =
5'10", with a wiry figure from a combination of light malnutrition and near constant physical activity.

= BIO =
Straight out of high school, Alex joined her local firehouse in lieu of any actual life-plans. The idea of day-to-day heroics had caught her attention, but seeing as how police work involved far too many guns for her taste, she opted towards what she believed would be a more tame area of public service. Seven years and a rocky marriage later, Alex realized she was wrong, but didn't do so in time to save herself from a falling, fiery rafter.

Save for a few body burns and broken bones, Alex was dragged out of that fateful, burning house relatively unscathed. Her injuries had earned her a few months of counseling physical therapy, a court ruling declaring her mentally unfit for even shared custody, and a thank you letter from the ANPR for her bravery so close to one of their parks. Feeling the need for a change, she used the letter as leverage into a job as a park ranger, and began a tame, lasting career warding off vagrants and kicking out drugged-up teenagers.

= SKILLS =
~ Firefighter training. (Talking to dalmatians and swinging axes.)
~ Novice fisher.​

Might I reserve a spot? I'll try to get a character written up today or tomorrow

I'll add you~ You also have the option of making a bare-bones sheet and just going back to fill in the more time-consuming stuff later, I don't mind.

As they say, three's a crowd. If nobody else expresses interest, I think I'll begin writing the starter once @TragicArt has his character up.

I'm working on my sheet right now, I should have it up soon. Before I finish, though, what's the setup gonna be? The top post mentioned an acceptance letter, are we all newly accepted? Is it a new park? Are we starting on our first day?

All yeses. Think we'll start in the back of a Jeep, being dropped off by the folks from the other park.

9ac45dafdacfe785b2b6866f5f65ba94.jpg

= NAME =
Joseph Delaney

= AGE =

= GENDER =
Male

= ORIENTATION =
Straight, but curious

= HEIGHT, BUILD =
6'2, fit with a bit of muscle and not a lot of fat

= BIO =
Ever since he was a young boy from Lyons, Joseph's favorite place was the outdoors. In elementary school, he'd spend his recess playing among the trees at the end of the schoolyard rather than the swings or jungle gym. Even at home, he'd spend his free time in the woods near his house, climbing trees, looking at bugs, and playing survivalist. Needless to say, he became a Boy Scout very early. As he grew, he quickly rose through the ranks. He earned his badges, became a youth leader, and was made an Eagle Scout around the age of 12. He remained active through the rest of his adolescence, and even became a counselor when he turned 18. That only lasted for a couple years or so.
His love of the outdoors and commitment to the Scouts meant he didn't put as much effort into other aspects of his childhood. His grades weren't phenomenal, and the only classes he did well in were Biology and other natural sciences. Things he could relate back to scouting. Alongside that, when he reached high school, some of the counselors and youth leaders introduced him to a plant that the instructors didn't tell them about. He became a stoner, spending nights on camping trips getting high with the older kids. After he became an adult, it carried over. He went to college, but barely managed to get through with a liberal arts degree. He didn't really care, it was mostly to get his parents off his back.
After years of unfulfilling retail and kitchen jobs, he found an offer for a job as a park ranger at some new park opening up somewhere in the state. He applied, hoping his Scouts experience outweighed his poor academic performance. It did, and he was accepted. Now, almost a decade since his last Scouts trip, it was time for him to go back out into nature, where he belonged. It would be like riding a bike. Right?

= SKILLS =
-Former Boy Scout, has experience with camping, foraging, and identifying plants and animals. Although, it has been a while...
-Decent cook, but is used to making food with scavenged ingredients
-Cool dude with great hair​

If this story can portray the same level of spooky as Trevor Henderson photos, this is gonna be some good shit lol

First Fallout, now this! Sheet format's up there, and the starter's already up. Nobody's replied yet, so you can jump in freely. (Ignore references to there being 3 rangers, I'll change it.)

First Fallout, now this! Sheet format's up there, and the starter's already up. Nobody's replied yet, so you can jump in freely. (Ignore references to there being 3 rangers, I'll change it.)
LMAO seriously! But I find that every RP you create I'm super interested in! Okie I'll create my ranger tmm <33

I'm unfamiliar of Henderson's work but I know a teeny tiny bit of Siren Head from the new game that's out

Siren Head's what turned me onto his stuff, but I've been looking up stuff like Long Horse and Cartoon Cat, too, for inspiration. He's really the most iconic one, though, and being able to lure in victims by mimicking the voices of loved ones and hiding amongst the trees is super creepy.

OH YES! I heard about the mimicking thing, creepy AF! But I love creepypastas so this should be super fun girl

Jasmin-Brown.jpg

= NAME =

Aryan Williams

= AGE =

= GENDER =

Female

= ORIENTATION =

Gay

= HEIGHT, BUILD =

5'7, lean/average build with some muscle definition, slightly curvy

= BIO =

Aryan grew up in a large home in the suburban area with 3 older brothers who were into sports, her father the police chief in their town while her mother was a well-loved nurse. Her entire family had bright futures or thriving careers, while Ary's purpose was still in question. It was enough for Aryan to feel overwhelmingly insecure, unsure of how to live up to her family's reputation when sports wouldn't work out because of her asthma, being a cop terrified her and the sight of blood was enough to make her keel over. The only thing that could make her a proud offspring to her parents was the fact that she had amazing grades throughout her academic trek. Though her parents showed their support and were proud of her, Aryan still felt rather incompetent trying to live up to a hero, a football star, the list goes on. After she graduated high school and all of her siblings had gone their separate ways, she decided to do the same, hoping that the distance from the small town she grew up in and her over-achieving parents would help her find her purpose.

Living apart from her family was taxing, but going to college was where she felt at ease. She felt challenged and pressured, but it was a good feeling; her purpose had taken that extra strain and effort she never felt in her previous years of school. Aryan had also confronted her fears regarding her sexuality being away from her family, she was free to finally explore and discover herself. Deciding to explore her options, she took up liberal arts, dabbling in everything before coming to the conclusion that she had a twinge in her heart for forestry. Aryan took it and ran, falling in love with the science of nature and its importance to nourish and build the world she felt she never would understand. Her purpose was found. After graduating from college, she immediately was drawn to the idea of being a forest ranger, the experience led her to have a job as a park ranger for Henderson National Park.

= SKILLS =

• Master's degree in Forestry (specializes in the science and craft of creating, managing, using, conserving, and repairing forests, woodlands, and associated resources for human and environmental benefits)
  • Intermediate tracker
  • Expert DIYer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom