Hey there.

Currently reading:
Hey there.

Akaso

Lord of Shards
Local time
Today 7:10 PM
I won't do an overly long introduction or tell you my life story. I'm just here because I'm looking for a roleplaying community that:

a) Isn't dead
b) Isn't toxic
c) Doesn't have a corrupt, power-drunk moderation team

It's rarer and rarer to find communities that match all of these criteria. One or two, sure, but rarely all three. Especially not the third one.

I often find that far too many roleplaying communities are just glorified popularity contests, and you're pretty much screwed if someone who's a lot more popular than you starts speaking out against you.

I use a character that comes with their own lore and setting they originate from, which I designed to be compatible with roleplay communities. I usually average around 400 or so words per reply. Here's some artwork of my character.

Unfortunately the resolution is sub-par since this site doesn't seem to like big image files, so I'll probably use outside hosting and embed the images in my posts.

Attachments

• 10 Complete Blur Fix resized sub-2mb.jpg
    10 Complete Blur Fix resized sub-2mb.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
As a power-drunk, (if really junior) member of staff, Welcome to the Inner Sanctum!

Welcome to the Inner Sanctum! I think you've found your place. We're definitely not dead, definitely not toxic and while I won't say we're stone cold sober, our staff tend to prefer liquor to power :D

That or the blood of our enemies. One of the two!!!

Unfortunately the resolution is sub-par since this site doesn't seem to like big image files, so I'll probably use outside hosting and embed the images in my posts.

Wow. I just noticed this bit. You realize this forum let you upload a 2MB image file? I mean, that's crazy generous compared to forums I've been on over the years. And I'm not saying that to try to defend our site. I'm genuinely shocked we're allowing such large uploads.

Whew. I'm suddenly reminded of how comparatively old I am and how far hosting technology has come.

Wow. I just noticed this bit. You realize this forum let you upload a 2MB image file? I mean, that's crazy generous compared to forums I've been on over the years. And I'm not saying that to try to defend our site. I'm genuinely shocked we're allowing such large uploads.

Whew. I'm suddenly reminded of how comparatively old I am and how far hosting technology has come.

That is a pretty conservative filesize limit. 4chan is one of the few sites that still has a 2mb image limit, and some image-centric boards have a larger one. Discord has an 8mb overall limit on any one file.

The image I attached to my post is 7.19mb in its full resolution. My most recent piece of artwork is 6.77mb. And they are just character pieces, the larger-scale pieces are in the double digits.

As far as I know, our limit is 10 Mb, not 2 Mb. The default unadjusted limit on Xenforo is 3 Mb and ours has never been lower than that (except in chat, which has a separate setting).

Reactions: Mia
As far as I know, our limit is 10 Mb, not 2 Mb. The default unadjusted limit on Xenforo is 3 Mb and ours has never been lower than that (except in chat, which has a separate setting).
Weird. The site gave me "Error: File too large" when I tried setting a 3.89mb file as my banner.

Oh, banners have a different setting than uploading a file to a post. The former has a resolution cap, the latter doesn't. As in, there's a resolution for cover photos where the site stops caring how big the image is and 'extra' resolution is lost as it scales to fit. Since uploaded images can be opened in a full window or scaled up by clicking on them, there aren't the same diminishing returns.

I always just host photos through imgur and either embed the image link in a spoiler or shove the image right into the text.

Welcome!

Yeah, I'm kind of with James on this one. Most of the time I'm just drunk. :D
Welcome! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom