How to Train Your Dragon Inspired RP (Adopt a Character type of set up. Storytellers needed)

Currently reading:
How to Train Your Dragon Inspired RP (Adopt a Character type of set up. Storytellers needed)

AHeartlessNobody

Dragon Rider
Local time
Today 4:16 PM
Okay, so I'm going to try to keep this as straight forward as possible to avoid any confusion. If there is any confusion about the story or characters, please feel free to message me and I can do my best to explain it further.

For a little background; I have been writing and thinking about this story for a bit and have fleshed out what I believe to be some pretty good characters. So, I thought that it might be a cool idea to put the characters up on here and see if anyone is willing to take up (adopt lol) these characters to play in a roleplay with me. This story is based on How to Train Your Dragon. There is mention of characters from the movie, such as Hiccup, Astrid, Drago Bludvist etc, but they are not the main characters of the rp, merely supporting characters.
Now I have been writing this story for a bit, so there is actually two generations of characters I have lol. Please don't let that scare you. I definitely won't be controlling about the characters and the second generation of characters won't come in until the character arc for the first generation is complete (or close to being complete). So we'll have time to focus on the first generation of characters and get through their stories before this second generation comes in. It just allows us to continue the story and take it even further, since in the second generation is when the dragon lore of the story REALLY picks up.

Now onto some background information and then the characters. The first background information is a snippet of a tribe of people I've created for this How to Train Your Dragon rp, who are able to actually transform into dragons. A few of the characters will be apart of this tribe of people and their lore is something that will influence and build the plot. I will put the species information and lore below. The Lore (aka how the Arceaus species came to be) is something I'm willing to work with my partner and change up a bit if needed. But I would like to keep the people and culture information the same.
The Lore

The Arceaus are a powerful and majestic species. A magical combination of human and dragon, able to shift between forms.
Years ago, before dragons walked the earth and ruled the skies, there was a great war between two villages on the same island. The villages of Aris and Ceaus. They had been at war for years, so long that even they didn't know what the war had started over, but they continued to fight it, just as their ancestors did. However, one day, the daughter of the Chief of Aris and the son of the chief of Ceaus had met. Soon enough, the two had found interest in one another, seeing each other in secret until interest eventually blossomed into love.

Things did not turn out well for the two lovers however, because eventually they were found out by their fathers. In the revelation of their relationship, the fathers had killed the young lovers in rage.

However, in life, the two lovers had befriended the old shaman who lived between the two villages. He had seen the war between the two villages as an evil and unnecessary fight, and had happily helped the two lovers meet in secret, even marrying them in secret, in hopes one day it could end all the fighting and killing between the two villages. When he found what the two fathers had done, killing the their own children in their rage and hatred, he put a curse on the two villages. Turning them all into beasts. Beasts called Dragons. Until the two villages could learn to get along in peace, they would remain as these beasts forever.

Over time, they did learn to live in peace as the shaman hoped. They were able to transform back into their human selves, and the curse turned into a blessing. A gift that allowed them to shift between the two forms at will. They came together as one, and over the years, spread far and wide, creating new families and villages, populating the lands with their species.

Those that refused to make peace and stayed only in their dragon forms died as were were, unable to gain mates or populate, forever beasts until their last breath.​

The People and Culture:

The Arceaus have two forms, their human forms and their dragon forms. The color of their hair is usually a tell-tale sign on the color of their scales. In their scales are embedded valuable gemstones. It is traditional when they find their mate to gift them something to wear that is embedded with one of their own gemstones.

Some Arceaus prefer to be mostly in their human forms, while others prefer their dragon forms. They refer jokingly to each other as grounders or flyers based on these preferences.

When an Arceaus reaches the age of adulthood, usually at the age of 19, is when female Arceaus start going into what is called their 'heat'. During this time is when the Arceaus are able to most likely become with child and have their offspring. It is nearly unheard of for an Arceaus female to become pregnant outside of this time (though not impossible in some rare cases). They usually will go into heat twice a year, lasting for just a few days. Males at this age similarly go through their own 'rut', seeking out their mates and becoming all the more possessive and protective, many times holing themselves and their mates into their 'dens' for the duration. Most of the time, a mating pair of Arceaus' heat and rut coincide with each other for better chances of creating offspring if they wish.

During this time, it can be dangerous for unmated females to be around that of more than one unmated male. The males, sensing the heat of an available female, can be sent into a fenzy by their instincts and cause males to fight over females that are in heat. Vicious fights, leading to their injury, or in extreme cases where the males won't stop, death.

Due to this concerning trait of their kind, most males and females of their kind are Matched at a young age to who they will come to mate with when the female of the pair reaches the time of their 19th year. They celebrate each Arceaus' 19th year in a Rite of Passage ceremony, and during a female's Rite of Passage, she will announce to the clan who she has chosen for her mate. While it is not forced she take on her Matched, it is expected and tradition, so it is almost unheard of for a female to announce anyone other than their Matched male as their mate.

In most villages, the Arceaus live in peace and harmony, each having their own job in the village and helping each other out whenever needed. Seeing their village as one big family.

The leader of the Arceaus villages are called the Alpha and Alphess. Usually, the next Alpha or Alphess is the child of the previous Alphas. If something happens to the Alphas suddenly and they have no heir, the next Alpha or Alphess will be the strongest Arceaus in the village, usually being the Protectors.​

The Protectors

are a second in command of sorts to the Alphas. Much like Alphas, this title is passed down to the children of the current Protectors, and if no heir is known, will be chosen from the strongest dragon in the village. Usually, the mates of the Protectors become Protectors as well to fight along side their mate.

Many of the Arceaus wear simple tribal paints of lines and dots with different meanings. They are very much one with nature and enjoy spending their days outdoors, climbing trees or running through the fields. Their dancing is very much wild and free yet also has a sort of rhyme and rhythm to it all the same.​

Arceaus ages:

0-3 Years Old: Hatchling
4-9 Years Old: Dragonling
10-13 Years Old: Youngling
14-19 Years Old: Juvenile
19 Years Old and Older: Adult​

Now that the information about the Arceaus is put forward, I want to share the characters I have for myself and the characters that I would like my partner to take up. Now, obviously we would each be playing a few characters. I love having a full cast of characters to bring a story to life, and just know that we wouldn't be playing all of them at once. We can focus on different scenes and different couples at different times to help the flow of the story and to not overwhelm us. I will also pretty much always main female characters, while my partner takes on the males. I may have a few minor side characters that are male, but I don't play them as mains or in romantic instances.

I'll share the first generation couples first, and will save the second generation of characters to share over PM so that I don't overwhelm anyone here by reading ALL this haha. Theres three main couples for the first gen, though one of the couples doesn't come in until a little later.

The story of the first generation will start after the events of the Hidden World, in which the children of Berk have come to believe that Dragons truely are just the stories their parents have made up. Even Hiccup's eldest, his son, believes them to just be fairytales his father made up to put them to bed as kids.
Hiccup's daughter however believes otherwise. Despite all the other children out growing the stories of dragons and became seeded in in their doubts as they aged, Hiccup's daughter in her young adulthood still believes that somewhere out there there are dragons. After coming face to face with a grumpy Lightfury, she soon finds out just how true her father's stories are. From accidental falls into the Hidden World, meeting a strange boy with the ability to transform into a dragon, and facing off with the icy daughter of Drago Bludvist himself, the Haddock siblings are in for a wild adventure.

7298b0b9be59fe53ccc3ae08b2f2ca171d9b3988.jpg

Ava Haddock

Daughter to Hiccup and Astrid Haddock
18 Years Old

Youngest daughter of Chief Hiccup and Cheiftess Astrid, born just three years after their marriage. She is every bit her father's daughter, always seeming to invent, study dragons, and trip over her own feet whenever there's an opportunity. She just as clumsy and awkward as her father on land, but in the sky with her dragon, Blizzard, its a whole other story. She finds she more sure of herself in the air than she ever was on the ground.

Her Dragon:
Blizzard (Light Fury)
9609e7ec2972dfc4d0e548c0e7aa57507c5acc76r1-2048-2048v2_hq.jpg

tumblr_n6nm99H6zO1qbjpavo1_640.jpg
Mavric Haddock

Son To Hiccup and Astrid Haddock
21 Years Old

Youngest son of Chief Hiccup and Chieftess Astrid, born soon after their marriage. Mavric takes after his mother in that he is a strong and hot headed viking. He has the skills and stratedgy in battle to make a find warrior for Berk and an excellent future chief. However, he does also have his father's hard headedness, especially when it comes to what he believes is right and protecting those he loves and cares about. Unlike his younger sister, he tends to be more stable on the ground than in the air, keeping his enemies in front of him, rather than flying over them. Much like his feet, he also keeps his head out of the clouds and is more of a realist, though this may change over time as he comes to see his father's stories are not just stories, but have some truth to them.

His Dragon:
"LT" or Little Tooth
HKPOdkGujxD5PQvEUYw0YvTCkWLvNdRB9GzkixAX2Mc.jpg

image_TlxFNES2_1682914635074_raw.jpg

Callyn

19 Years Old
At the Beginning of the RP, his birth parents are unknown.

This strange boy dwells in the Hidden World. Raised by dragons, he himself has an ability that, until now, is unheard of. A human boy, able to transform himself into a large dragon with deep black obsideon gemstones gracing the surface of his scales.
Years ago, as the Alpha of the Hidden World, Toothless, was patrolling the area around the Hidden World, he came across an injured mother dragon and her hatchling. This mother dragon was being pursued by dragon hunters and begged Toothless to take her hatchling into the Hidden World, where he would be safe. When Toothless agreed, he watched the mother dragon leave off to lead the hunters away from the Hidden World, and brought the Hatchling to safety inside its depths.
From then on, this Hatchling was raised alongside Toothless's own hatchlings. Though, fairly soon, it was discovered this Hatchling was not oridinary. And in fact could shift from dragon to human at will. This made some of the other dragons in the Hidden World wary of the child, but Toothless knowing that not all humans are as bad as they seem, kept to his word, raising the hatchling boy as his own, whether it be in his dragon or his human form.
However, it the question is still in the air; what exactly was this boy? Where did he truely come from? And, are there others like him?

cute_anime_girl_in_rain_3_by_nwawalrus_dfyc1q8-pre.jpg
Eira Bludvist

19 Years Old
The daughter of Drago Bludvist and unknown mother

Born to Drago Bludvist and a mother that passed long ago, Eira quickly became Drago's favorite weapon. Raised to kill or be killed, she has been fighting and killing for her father since she was just eight years old. Her childhood was not an easy one, gifted with nothing but cold words and abuse from that of the warlord. The only sense of affection she ever gained was from her father's new wife, who was forced to marry him when Eira was just four. Without Lucindal, Eira surely would have turned out to be nothing but a cold and emotionless killing machine, just like her father wanted.
With dragons having gone into hiding, many believe they are gone for good, or were just stories from the start. However, her father, having fought against the great Dragon Master, knows otherwise. His attempts to find these dragons that lay in hiding truely seem to be in vein. He did, however, manage to find one, years ago. A water dragon with an egg it was protecting. After slaying the beast, he stole the egg and handed off the responibility of raising it to Eira herself, this dragon becoming an extension of her skills, helping her to fly long distances in search of where the dragons could be hiding, as well as to take out any villages her father wishes for Eira to take care of along the way.

Her Dragon:
Wisp the Whispering Tide
Note: this image is more of a reference pic, but not exact to how she appears. The description gives more detail.
Similar in shape to a Fury, instead of ear frills, they are shapes more like fins on her head. She is a little smaller than a Night or Light Fury, but not by much. Her skin is smooth and a pale blue. When touching her scales, it has a slick and wet sensation to it, however your hand will not be wet from touching her. It is unknown whether or not this new species of dragon could be yet another subspecies of Fury.
Her abilities include:
The ability to 'meld' in with the water at will. She can hide and escape by melding in with bodies of water that she can fit into. The water has to be deep enough for her to completely submerge for this to happen. She is on the shy side and will hide in this fashion to not be seen by humans and dragons she doesn't know well.
She can use echolocation to find her way around underwater.
On the tip of her tail, hidden by the tail frills, is a spine (similar to the spine of a string ray) that holds a highly toxic venom. This venom is very deadly, and is the same venom Eira herself uses on many of her assassination missions given to her by her father.
26670f7126570fc5c25475d957abc5e9.jpg

Note: These next two will come later in the rp, but will be important to plot going forward
8857297-6680772100-414px.png
Arnold Irving

20 Years Old

An orphan from a young age, his village was one attacked by the warlord Drago Bludvist after they refused to join forces under him. His parents will killed in this war and many of the young capable children and young adults were taken to work in the village, and eventually become lackies and soliders under him. Growing up, all he has known is to fight and do as he is told by those in Drago's village. However, he has an optimisim that things could some day change for him. He tend to be a bit rowdy and follows his own rules, not afraid to go against rules and tradition. Something that does eventually happen when he befriends the new Dragon Master and joins her in the fight to stop Drago Bludvist himself.

8008736b727552e2a7295cbe46069529.gif
(Note: Her eyes are purple)
Leta, Sister to the Alpha

18 Years Old (close to 19 when she is introduced)

Leta is the sister to the Alpha of Arcea. The Arceaus people are ones of tradition, grace, and pride. Hidden away in their home, far from humans, they are able to be themselves, in both their dragon and their human forms. She has two older brothers, Ramos and Lumin, her being the youngest of the three. Her middle brother, Lumin, is not the natural born Alpha, but was Matched to the natural born Alphess of their clan, the two having become mates just two years prior to the current events of the story. He is a great leader and highly respected among their people, as is her elder brother Ramos. Because of her brother's status as being Matched to the future Alphess when they were young, many of their kind sought to have their sons Matched to Leta in order to rise in the ranks of their clan.

At the age of three, she was Matched to a male named Theon. Growing up with Theon, she grew to quickly realize that there was no real connection or feelings between the two of them. Because their kind are Matched from a young age, they grow up with the future mates and come to form strong bonds that make their connection as mates stronger. Leta, however, has never felt that connection with Theon. Still, she truges on, getting closer and closer to her Rite of Passage where she will be expected to announce who she choses as her mate, and knows it will be expected of her to choose Theon.

However, a rather handsome and rule breaking human boy may just change the course of her life, and her choice of who she may chose for her mate.

Okay! So those are the six main characters for the first generation. I will be taking on Ava, Eira, and Leta, while my partner would be taking up Mavric, Callyn, and Arnold. The couples are, in case its not quite clear:
Ava Haddock and Callyn
Mavric Haddock and Eira Bludvist
Arnold Irving and Leta
(Again, Arnold and Leta comes in a little later. For a good bit the rp would mainly focus on the other two couples)

If you are interested in this story and these characters, feel free to shoot me a PM! I hope to hear from you soon!

Back
Top Bottom