Currently reading:
Indulge me, please?

Kharlu

Knight
Local time
Today 6:56 AM
download.gif

Hello all you wonderful writers and storytellers out there. I thought it was finally time for me to throw my own thread out here to the ravenous wolves and see if I could not find a person or two to write some stories with. I'll just start with a little bit about myself and what I would like before I get into the nitty gritty.
About me
- I've been roleplaying through forums posts for a good few years now and I have worked with many a genre.
- I tend to enjoy FxF settings more often than MxF given I almost exclusively play Female roles, however I do enjoy group RPs and if that is the case then I am more than welcome to play with all genders. However, with a more 1x1 setting I much prefer FxF, hence why I used that tag.
- I am quite literate and I absolutely love detail and character development in my roleplays. If you want to go for my heart, that's how you do it. I love writing and I know all of you do as well! So let that shine through your writing style!
- Given my writing style, I do tend to write a good few paragraphs for a response. That just helps me really hash out the intricate details of what it is going on as well as just add more detail and... fluff! To the roleplay. Sometimes the fluff is not needed though. But, in settings with action or more steamy scenarios, I tend to get a bit carried away.
- And lastly, I think you're all wonderful! Now, let's get to why you really clicked on this thread.

In the spoiler below you'll find a little list of all the types of Genres and Movie/Book/Video Game settings that I am interested in.
Genre:
  • Fantasy - My absolute favorite. I'm talking Elves, Dwarves, Drow - anything with that fantastical world setting with magic and a good Tavern crawl and you've got me hooked. Or well... unless we need to go vanquish an evil wizard first. Can we keep the dragon?
  • Slice of Life - The polar opposite! Escape the mundane life for something we can craft together. There's a cute little coffee shop down the road we haven't been to. Wanna check it out?
  • Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk - Now we're talking. Give me that futuristic goodness. Think less of the Terminator style and more of the Mass Effect is what I was thinking. However far in the future, we can still write a good story
  • Steampunk - Take everything I just listed and cram it all into one!
  • And lastly - anything you might be interested in!
Now just for some Video Games/Books/Movies of the like that I'm particularly fond of and that I believe could make for easy story creation
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Fallout
  • Fire Emblem (Big Yes!)
  • Final Fantasy (Huge Yes. I Urianger and Y'shtola)
  • World of Warcraft
  • Mass Effect
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Dragon Age
  • Bloodborne (Oh heck yeah. We old hunters now)
  • Many more to come!

Now for some more or less detailed plots I've been working on that I feel comfortable enough to post here. These can be heavily modified as I wanted to create a small level that we could build and work off of.
(Fantasy)

This world is unfair. It doesn't treat anyone the way it should and those who are smart enough, or lucky enough to manipulate it the way they want end up coming out on top. The message plastered all over the world was quite simply this: "If you seek harmony and peace you will find no other place more warmly welcoming that Atticania." Attacania is one of the few major cities in this world. It prides itself on being an empire free of magical ties and one founded by the sweat of humanity's brow. The city has a zero tolerance for magic and sub-species in general. Those who are found to possess magical qualities are either killed on sight or they are sent to the stocks where they rot.

Given this one can easily see this city is founded on a large bed of lies. It does maintain a large amount of peace but something is brewing in the dark recesses of the King's Guard. The King's wife has fallen deathly ill and he is taking it out on anyone and everyone who crosses him or gives him a small amount of backtalk. He was such a kind man in the past.

A dark plot is in motion.
A sudden twist in the King's behavior. With the Queen gravely Ill the King has begun to lash out. Acting out of character in a manner that threats the lives of all of the demi-humans. Blaming their magical nature for his wife's illness, the King has issued the Magi Hunt - A ruthless mandate to round up and systematically kill or imprison those seen as "impure" in his eyes.
Even if you can stand on your own, can you truly stand against the might of the Atticanian army? The King's guard is loyal to a fault and the city placed under lockdown.
This story will revolve around my character, a guard in the King's army ordered to round of demi humans or the magically inclined, and yours who is such a demi human. You are free to have any appearance you wish and choose from any sort of magical prowess. Go wild!
With this, upon meeting my character quickly realizes this is not the way. Surely there must be something else they can do? Thus, their journey will begin. Escaping the major city state of Attacania for a better life. At least... one that would take a criminal and a demi human.

The RP will focus heavily on our characters interacting with each other and having to overcome different trials and other hardships. Romance can be involved as well, but if it does not develop naturally that is fine with me.
I LOVE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SAPPY CAMPFIRE MOMENTS.

The year is 2257

The sound of machinery and multiple tvs blaring a wide variety of news, sports and entertainment programs deafens the lively conversations in this dimly lit enclosure. With a solemn sigh the young woman behind the bar counter continued about her menial job, washing the glass in her hand before someone flagged her down. A man. With both eyes replaced with augmented specs, a robotic arm and prosthetic wires coursing over his body. You could basically see the electrical current coming from him. He ordered a drink. A big one. To which the bartender agreed. Turning her delicate hands back to the drink station, gathering the necessary liquids and mixing them together.

As she passed the drink back to the man, a familiar commercial blasted over all of the tvs. She tuned into it but no one else in the bar did. Perhaps they were so numb to it. This thing did play in everyone's head almost every hour on the hour.
"Greetings my fellow citizens of Enthena. We hope you're having a wonderful afternoon. This message is to serve as a reminder of the mandatory human implant cybernetic upgrades that will be distributed at your local cyber-pharmacies on the 31st of this month. It is mandatory that every human augmented with a Cfs-754 reality enhancing build have the upgrade installed or else you will be considered obsolete and forced to comply, or suffer a digital meltdown.
--The message was now playing in all of their heads. Some were listening, but you could tell some were actively ignoring it--
Thank you all for your continued patronage as we strive to make Enthena the most wonderful place for humanity. Remember - Humans live to change. Why stop now?

With that, the broadcast ended and she passed the man his drink. "Hey, Bartender"
She snapped out of her stupor to face the man. "Ah, sorry sir. Yes? Is there a problem?"

He simply nodded before taking a drink. "Not one bit. Just a quick question for ya. You got almost no augmentation save the ones forced on ya. You tryna make a statement or sumthin'?"

She could only laugh at his statement. Dismissing the glow to her eyes from the forced optic augment. "Not at all." She started before stretching a bit. "It just helps to retain a bit of humanity."

A loud bang interrupts the conversation, with smoke billowing into the sky almost seconds later. The culprits, three men armed heavily to the teeth stealing precious data silos for bank accounts of poor victims. However, due to the cyber security force, an almost immediate response apprehends two of the men. With one getting away. This was nothing new. So much so that almost no one in the bar panicked. Checking the time, the young woman behind the counter swiped her hand and shut off all the tvs.
"Alright people. File out of here. I'm sure you all got the brain scan, return to your homes or nearest shelters until the situation is under control. I have to lockdown."

They filed out as instructed. Everyone painfully used to the crime in the city. As she shut the doors and activated her steel fortifications, she sat back down in a bar seat and let out a soft sigh. A secure channel to her computer was opened and a message displayed, "Your place is off limits. Too close. We have the goods and you will get paid. Your information was solid. Thanks for the help"

If you tried to respond to the message, you would only get a communication error. Now, all she had to do was wait.
However, things were about to get much worse for this young woman.

-----
Heya! So sorry about that exposition, I got a bit carried away so I will round all this up.
This is an idea I had based off of my Cyberpunk 2077 experience and numerous other books I've read about corporate controlled society in the far future. Basically the story revolves around my character, an information trade and hacker who has not gotten the latest augmentation, meeting your character - whoever you wish to be!
The both of them will get caught up in the thick of things only to realize the world is about to get much worse. The main corporation controlling Enthena is harboring a sinister plot. Nothing good can come from too much augmentation after all. This organization is known as the Crimson Harbor. They operate almost every facet of life in Enthena. Some are too augmented to even care, and others know this but they are powerless to fight.

How we choose to stand up to this future oppression is up to us. Thankfully we have the tools to combat this.
(That being said, this can easily be switched up to a fantasy setting with a tavern style base and the kingdom and corporation being the King's court and all that. Up to us!)

That's it for now! Thank you oh so much if you decided to stop by and give this a read. I'm really looking forward to writing up some stories with you! Remember: if you have your own ideas PLEASE just let me know. I want to hear about what you have to think and your ideas too!
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom