Currently reading:
All [Interest Check!] Le Zoo Démoniaque

Zombee

Miss America 2024
Local time
Tomorrow 11:19 AM
Pronouns
He/she
Interest check! Hello! You can call me Zombee. Looking for a larger group role-play if possible- maybe somewhere around 4-8 characters, preferably on the higher end (more are welcome though!) (or, I'm open to less players but each playing multiple characters- would prefer at least 3-4 real players)

The basic setting I'm running with would be very similar to 19th century London- imagine dark, lantern-lit cobblestone streets and smog-filled skies. It's a very gothic/dark industrial revolution aesthetic.

"A mysterious circus makes camp on the outskirts of the city and within 24 hours, flyers for the show are posted all over bulletin boards, brick walls, and lantern posts. The advertisement reads, "Wonders from beyond the natural realm! Creatures with inhumane abilities and grotesque appearances! Pay a small fee for a glimpse at horror beyond the comprehension of any man! Not for the faint of heart! Staff is not responsible for any injuries, traumas, hallucinations, or deaths resulting from the experience. Visit if you dare." Strangely, there are no sightings of any cast members in the city during the weeks that the show is open. Most of the city refuses to go, remarking that the flyer itself is satanic, unholy, and in bad taste, but the few who do attend the show cannot conjure up any words to describe it. They simply sit frozen and awe-struck. Three weeks after the appearance of the circus tent, a young woman goes missing. After a four day hunt, her mangled body is discovered and immediately provokes panic. Suddenly, the hunt for the killer is on as everybody questions the motives, the identity, and the likelihood of other victims."

(Kind of a big fusion of inspiration from The Greatest Showman, Cirque Du Freak, Sweeney Todd, and the historic figure Jack the Ripper)

I'm hoping for a number of players to make up the cast of the circus. I'm not great at building storyline, so I would love some ideas and contributions on how to develop the plot! I'm not strict on length personally, as I, myself am less-experienced with roleplaying, but if anyone has preferences for specific expectations on length, I'm happy to discuss it once a group is established. As for the role-play contents- I'm okay with nsfw and gore (please DNI if you're an extreme True Crime lover, though) (other triggers can be discussed amongst everyone). In regards to characters, I might build a character bio template if any interest is established. Also I do not speak French at all lol so the title is absolutely a work in progress- totally open to suggestions or changing it.

All in all, I'm just a big history fanatic looking to build a really cool Victorian horror/mystery setting with a cast of freaky-unique characters. If this would be of any interest to you, please leave a comment! :))

Last edited:
Hey folks! Seeing as this hasn't really gained much more traction since the last response, I think I might just start a thread in the character/worlds forum. If anyone else wants to jump in at any time, I'm cool with it, but I'm really keen on this prompt and excited to share what I've already imagined. :]

I'll tag you both in the character thread- please don't feel pressured to immediately churn out a character or anything- I just don't want this prompt to get buried or die.

Hey folks! Seeing as this hasn't really gained much more traction since the last response, I think I might just start a thread in the character/worlds forum. If anyone else wants to jump in at any time, I'm cool with it, but I'm really keen on this prompt and excited to share what I've already imagined. :]

I'll tag you both in the character thread- please don't feel pressured to immediately churn out a character or anything- I just don't want this prompt to get buried or die.
I think alerts must be bugged, I didn't get any notifications even though I can see you tagged me in the characters thread.

Hi friends! I'm thinking I might just make a starting post and if you guys are okay with it, we can develop as we go? Otherwise we can develop some more in a planning thread? Any suggestions? Up to y'all.

Back
Top Bottom