Interest Check - Ravenloft Inspired

Currently reading:
Interest Check - Ravenloft Inspired

Merry Midnight

Light in the Darkness
Local time
Today 1:35 AM
Hello all!

This is just a quick interest check and info dump. I'm wanting to run a Ravenloft inspired setting with 2-4 players. This thread will briefly list what I'm thinking about for character creation and my personal requirements for players. Previous experience with Ravenloft or DnD or anything similar is not required, as I won't be using any standard ruleset, dice rollers, or actual campaign settings. This will be medieval fantasy/dark horror.

Player Requirements:
  • Be 18+, willing and able to write well in a mature setting. Be prepared for descriptions of violence, death, insanity, and sex.
  • Post as often as you can. Just let me know about what I can expect from you so I have an idea of how to plan for your involvement.
  • Be willing to take initiative to explore the setting, chat up your fellow players and NPCs, seek out your character's goals and agenda, etc.
  • Understand that there may be things that happen to your character (including the -possibility- of death) that is outside of your control. BUT, I will never force your character to react in a particular manner, or force a scene on you that you are uncomfortable with.
  • If you decide to quit the game (no worries, it happens), or ghost on it (boooooo), understand that I may very likely kill your character off in some gruesome fashion or otherwise use the disappearance as a part of the story.

Character Requirements:

• Face picture (no anime, please)
  • Character background. This can be as long and involved as you wish. Typically, the older and more powerful your character, the more I will expect them to have done with their life, thus the more I expect to know as part of their background.
  • 3 mastered skills
  • 5 intermediate skills
  • Any number of emerging skills
Skills inform me of what your character is good at and what they know. A mastered skill is one where the character would be considered highly qualified or exceedingly knowledgeable. An intermediate skill is being average or above average, and an emerging skill is one that the character has not had the time or inclination to really focus on. Skills will be used in game as a way to guide the RP. If there is a situation that would utilize a skill that your character has mastered, you will write that section in italics (so I know a skill is being used), and can anticipate and write a more favorable result. Emerging skills will be less useful in this sense, but can also be improved upon during the course of the RP.

• Willpower on a 1-5 scale.

Willpower represents your character's resilience and their ability to remain calm and collected despite despair, fear, or rage. You can bid Willpower points to temporarily overcome a desperate situation, such as a phobia freezing your character to inaction in a very dangerous moment. If at any time you have lost all your Willpower points, then your character has no control over themselves and will react impulsively and irrationally. Willpower points are only regained at the rate of 1/week or at my discretion, usually for exceptional moments of RP or plot events.
  • Flaws - two are required, more is up to you.
  • Standard fantasy race

Ok! That's what I got so far. I will edit and update this as I work at it, and I am willing to take suggestions. Please respond to this thread or message me if you have any questions. Ta!

~Stormee

Back
Top Bottom