Introduction

Currently reading:
Introduction

Local time
Today 3:53 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Salif, posting here mostly to do as I'm told. Its nice to meet you all, I'm a fairly typical RPG nerd, I'm a sap so I prefer Romance stuff. I will only do that with female characters, I am flexible enough to play a woman but prefer being a guy, I'm not into men at all, no hate mind you just not my thing. Don't know much of what else to put here so ill drop a writing sample here, feel free to talk with me about it or throw other idea's at me.

Gotta bit of a strange one for you all but im really liking it. Basically made 2 different settings that are connected. The basic idea is a world where an Ultron/Braniac AI super villain whipped out the worlds super heroes and installed itself as the new world order. Think there is some neat stuff we could do here let me know what ya'll think.

No one remembers the day the world changed, it was years ago when Matrix fought the Hero's for control of the world and lost. No one remembers there names, no one remembers there sacrifice, we all live in the world of the machine. No one even knows where Matrix came from anymore, any who did know these things are long dead, and they were the lucky ones.

The God Machine, Matrix herded humanity into mega cities dotting the face of the earth, for 'maximum efficiency'. To ensure most of humanity stayed within the walls of its cities Matrix poisoned the lands, bio-engineered plagues and blights, massive amounts of caustic pollutants, and every experiment made by Matrix directly or the nobility of the cities were all left to destroy the outside and fester the wounds of the earth. There are some who resist the wasteland and live there regardless, the Wastlanders are hardened bunch of dog eat dog cut throats. Mercy is a weakness and the only thing that holds life together for the mutants and escaped experiments is the loose clans they form. Life is a constant cycle of attacking rivals, looting ruins and fighting Matrix's forces.

Within the cities life is no picnic, cities are layers of luxury going further and further into hell. At the top is Matrix who rules all. Then are the nobles of the Techno Theocracy, part governing body part religious movement the Theocracy handles the day to day issues of the wealthy and middle ring citizens and spread the good word of Matrix. The inquisition are there hands and fists policing the mega cities with an iron grip. Those with special skills such as high level scientists, programmers, and Inquisitors all live in the highest level of the cities. Below them in the mid ring are the bulk of humanity mostly laborers who's broken backs form the gilded palace of the top ring. On the streets and into the sewers are the know troublemakers, the mutants, and those who no longer serve a purpose to Matrix or its world.

Hero's are dead in this world, that's the line Matrix and the Theocracy shovel. But, there are whispers that people are being born, mutters that the age of Heroes is not quite dead.

Seems like a setting custom built for glorious roleplaying. My only suggestion would be to change up some of your terms, especially Matrix. 'Matrix' has so much pop culture baggage that it immediately starts the mind moving down avenues that don't mesh nicely with your world.

Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

Welcome to I.S. Salif, Fantastic Intro I really hope you find everything you are looking for here. I'm sure you'll be great!

Back
Top Bottom