Isle of Val’dren (A Dark Fantasy) *interest check*

Currently reading:
Isle of Val’dren (A Dark Fantasy) *interest check*

vannira

Baron
Local time
Today 2:01 PM

NOTE: character profiles are being moved!!!

THE PLOT

It was once a peaceful island. Many races lived in harmony with one another. Resources were never scarce. The air was clean, the waters crisp. Singing and dancing happened almost daily.

That is, until the Dark Alliance appeared. Vampires, demons, drow and other such nasties showed up on the shores of this tranquil island. At first, of course, they appeared to be friendly, meeting with the leaders of the different resident races and tribes, but soon after, people started to mysteriously vanish. No one had a clue as to what was going on. When the leaders of the Dark Alliance were asked what was going on, they laughed, taking residence on the isle's largest peak, naming it Mt. Snear. The drow took up residence below the mountain. The Underbane.

It wasn't long after this that another dreaded group appeared; greenskins. Orcs, trolls, and goblins. Of course, they were not as subtle in their own operations. They openly attacked the main city, terrorized the people of the isle. Soon after, they set up their own base of operations on the island: Fort Sog.

Now, this is where you come in. Are you one of the original citizens of this isle, a member of the Dark Alliance, or perhaps a green-skins?

THE LOCATIONS

Shayda City:

The main hub of the island. It sits along the edge of the island, on the far side from Mt. Snear. The bay, itself, is clean and crisp with an abundance of fish available. Many different races come and go from this small port city, trading or just simply enjoying all that the island has to offer.

Everglow Forest:

When you enter the forest, you instantly notice a sense of magic and wonder about it. The trees them selves seem to glow. Birds and insects can be heard combining their melodic chirps into a magnificent symphony. Many races call this forest their home. From elves to fairies, to even shifters and the Merfolk of Lake Ramel which lies deep within its depths. Evil, however, would find it hard to enter, although not impossible.

Mt.Snear:

The tallest mountain on the island. Dark forces have taken up residence on this remote location, only coming down to feed and terrorize those down below. There have been stories of some people having gone missing, never to be seen again.

Swizten Village:

A small farming village just outside of Everglow Forest. It's residence are simple farm folk, that is, until recently. The increase in commerce has brought some unwanted company as well, like the green skins who have built a fort not far from the village. If the darkness from the mountain wasn't enough, the villagers now have the demands from the green skins to deal with.

The Underbane:

Much like the underdark, the underbane is home to drow. They have an alliance with the dark races of Mt.Snear, but for the most part, they keep to themselves, only coming out if it is the will of their dark queen. Although, there has been reports of some people venturing far too close and disappearing.

Radiance Falls:

A tranquil location where many go to escape the fears and stress that some of the more darker races represent. Silkies, merfolk, and other aquatic races can be found lingering here. The sounds of the falls happen to be a soothing sound that calms the minds and hearts of all who draw near.

Lake Ramel:

Deep within Everglow Forest lays Lake Ramel. It's magic waters have been rumored to be able to heal any and all wounds or illness. But getting past the guardians to even get close to the lake to see if the stories are true is no small feat. It's said that the lake's guardians put those who seek the lake through numerous tests and not many pass to even see the lake, let alone, get to its waters.

Fort Sog:

Home of the green skins. Orc, trolls, goblins live together within these log walls, taking what they please, showing little to no fear of the dark races within or below Mt.Snear. They, also, have nothing against taking slaves, although usually pretty little females from the other races to entertain them.

PLAYABLE NPCs
(If no names have been posted before someone claims one of these NPCs as their playable character, then a name will eventually be picked)

Demon King:
Ruthless and powerful. He leads his people with an iron fist. He has no love for either the vampires or drow, but only agreed to the alliance to farther his own ambitions. (Any powers or skills will be up to the player, if none end up being rped while he is still an NPC)

Sinafey, the Drow queen's right hand;
A sorceress with nearly unmatched power. She is cunning, serious and takes her duties very seriously. She does not play around and puts the wishes and well being of her queen above all else.

Fort Sog War Chief:
An orc with a bad attitude. He believes in tradition and ensure such is kept, so that his people are not too influenced by other races. War games are a favorite of his and he is not ashamed to attack a village and take their women. Slaves, need them to warm the beds, clean the fort, cook the food (although, it's always a slave who takes the first bite.)

THE RULES

1. This is a multi-race rp, however, it's dark 'fantasy', so no aliens or sci-fi races, please

2. Be as dark as you can be, but if you want to kill off another character, make sure you get the ok from the player first.

3. Anyone can create an NPC, however, only the one who created the NPC May drive them. . Please do not abuse NPC power.

4. Don't keep it clean!!! It's a dark fantasy after all!

5. I can't believe I have to put this here but NO GODMODING, METAGAMING, POWERGAMING ALLOWED. Any father attempts will be meant with zero tolerance!!!

Last edited:
Lol I can't wait to post now, but gotta wait for Angel's post. Hopefully we get more soon.

Haha, kitty has claws, so be careful!!! Although does have some weaknesses

If I had ever played a drow before, I might rp the queen just to keep the story going.

I'm hoping this will inspire someone to take up the role. I don't really want to have to play her myself, but worst comes to worst, I may not have a choice, even if I've never played a drow, either. Didn't realize there was a special way to play them. :/

By my understanding, the drow were cruel, even despising their surface brethren. Worse come to worse the drow can be killed all off. Lol I do know there are those who like to rp drow, which is why I added them.

Also know the drow worship some spider deity too. But again, only added the race Incase others wanted to rp them.

Lol I wanted to post, but could not as Chloe until Angel posted, so....

Haha so loved your post Lucien! Can't wait to see what else Diago does.

On my phone too. Sadly, my laptop's hard drive is dead, so stuck with my phone to rp for an while.

Back
Top Bottom