MxF ISO Darkness, Intrigue & Magic...

Currently reading:
MxF ISO Darkness, Intrigue & Magic...

StormyNord

Serf
Local time
Today 3:17 PM
JHmViu3.png

Greetings, I'm Storm. Forgive the glow - I've always been a little extra.
I've been writing via roleplay since I was little - young enough to not remember the exact age, with enough years in between to account for far more life experience. I've made lifelong friends through roleplay, and although I've put down the metaphorical pen more times than I can count, I always come crawling back to the ol' throw-n-catch style - there's nothing quite like collaborative storytelling.

I have a multitude of characters that have seen various renditions of original worlds, cannon universes, and everything between. I love putting words to new muse, as well, so please don't hesitate to come to me with ideas if I seem like a good fit for you but my current assortment of rascals does not...

I don't tend to keep a million writing partners, though I do have a tendency to write several different personalities into one world; a partner that could alternate between several different characters would be a fine pairing, though I in no way require such a feat in order to weave a good tale. As such, I have little qualm playing a rotating cast to your single lead - it all depends on the setting and plot.
8WxDf1x.png

This is in no way to be an all-inclusive list of hard limits or plot points, but should act to give you a generality of what I enjoy and a semblance of my aesthetic as a writer.
S T Y L E
G E N R E
C A N O N
Y E S
N O .
  • 3rd Person, Past Tense
  • Multiple Paragraphs
  • Mirror Posting
  • Multiple Characters
  • Fantasy Settings
  • Magical Worlds
  • Medieval, Victorian, Urban, Dystopian
  • Heroes Journey
  • Slice of Death
  • Grimdark Romance
  • Suspense & Horror
  • Violence & Gore
  • Dark Fairytales
  • Historical Mystery
  • Tasteful Erotica
  • Original Characters Only
  • Well-known settings:
    • Middle Earth
    • Eberron/Faerun/Etc.
    • Hogwarts
  • Charged Political Sceneries
    • Star Wars
    • Game of Thrones
  • Retelling of classic tales
    • Peter Pan
    • Snow White
    • Alice's Adventures
  • Slow burns
  • Dark Themes
  • No Consent*
  • Open Communication
  • Long-term play
  • Loose Planning
  • Magic Users
  • Mythics & Cryptids
  • The occasional furre
  • Tea & Cakes
  • Mistaking IC for OoC
  • Metagaming information
  • Guilt for ghosts
  • Gossip or rumors
  • Insta-sex or Bang-n-Bye
  • Digestive Functions
  • Pickles or Vinegar
* No Consent in this context refers to requesting my personal permission in order to take action against, toward, or involving my character/s. I expect realistic consequences for actions in our writing, and you don't need my consent in order to take that action. If I feel like things are taking a turn away from realism and actions are becoming hyperbole, rest assured that I have no problem exercising some Open Communication so we can get things back on track - or go our separate ways amicably.
th4SbgN.png
As a player, I am looking for a variety of interactions for my muses, though some of these are things that they, themselves, would not necessarily agree to - were they real people with real people feelings. I am open to most interactions - from 'slice of life' short scenes to cure boredom, to intense and emotionally-gripping plotlines that engage for long-term story.

Genre setting and theme are just as important as characters are for me, whether we have a pairing or an ensemble; that being said, see below for a generality on how my muses will articulate themselves, as well as what sorts of inspirations drive them...

IN MY LADIES...
...IN YOUR MENIN MY MEN......IN YOUR LADIES
...you will usually find a macabre sort of softness. Whether she is clueless to the supernatural world, unaware of the source of her powers, or simply helpless in a hopeless sort of situation - there is often mystery at the heart of any back story my women will have.
Mysterious parentage and strange powers are common themes; some come from nobility, many from nothing - and more than one that has transcended that boundary.
In one manner or another, there is clever wit but not always unwavering resolve; they are corruptible, incorrigible, and not above crying, pleading, or begging when push comes to shove.
...I'm looking for a mystery - someone who's hiding something, whether he knows it or not. Strong, clever or both, he knows how to use his strengths to his advantage and does so with just enough frequency to keep him veiled in a shadow of intrigue.
He could be the classic hero running from a dark past, or an unrepentant villain that doesn't wear his cruelty on his sleeve but up it. He's skilled enough to be cocksure and articulate enough to vocalize what he wants - even if he doesn't use his words.
However you play him, his emotional depth is just as important to me as his physical action - if not moreso. What he chooses to say matters just as much as what he chooses not to, and why...
...you will, more often than not, find one of several classic rogue archetypes. Whether he's the cad who tricks you out of sum of money or the charlatan who embezzles his way into a lot of money, you will likely (and hopefully) find your character guessing as to whether the truth is being offered up wholly or even incrementally.
Whatever their gambit, you will also likely find in the same place a man who has, perhaps, signed a bad contract or been caught for their prior transgressions. Perhaps it was avoidable, perhaps their downfall is yet inevitable - but in any case, there could be something there worth salvaging. Probably not, but maybe.
They are never used to the warmth of the world or the finer things in life - even as little or as frequently as they've indulged in it.

...I'm looking for a heroine type, one who's ready for a journey. She's anything but complacent, and knows when and how to throw hands at a challenge.
The issue is, she usually gets herself in over her head somehow. Whether by bad habit, naïve upbringing, or simple roll of fate's dice, there is a power balance that finds your leading lady either in her worst of lows or most extreme of highs.
Sugar sweet or dripping poison, it makes no difference to me - I simply expect her to have realistic emotional limits, and in your play style I strive to know what makes her take the actions she does. What does she say without actually saying..?

IN BETWEEN...
Sex and sexuality are always a fluid thing from story to story, though I find myself most drawn to those that have a strong dynamic of masculine and feminine. Romance is high on my list of plot spices, whether one-sided or not, and as such I find the foil of hard masculinity and soft femininity something that is highly sought after in my quest for good stories. Whether the dynamic is actually between a man and a woman is inconsequential to me, nor do my own identities in my personal life come into play when I am writing with one of my many muses.
Erotica should always add to the overall arch of the story, but to deny the driving force it plays throughout life is to deny the story that same sort of life. Whether fading out with soft descriptors or redefining what it means to use a thesaurus, different times and different plots will call for different means and measures - but those are things I'm comfortable discussing in the moment, when the bridge is in sight. (We'll know eachother a bit better by then, anyway, and we can be more honest if or when the time comes.)
c3HF6BO.png

[ Updated 10.22.23 ]
  • I am new to this forum; for whatever completely incomprehensible silly reason, I have more social anxiety on the internet than I do in real life, so if it takes me a moment to stop freaking out that someone's talking to me form a thought, I just ask for a pinch of patience.
  • I will create a post sometime soon eventually with a small blurb about several of my long-run characters - focusing firstly on the ones who have accompanying plotlines and pitch points. Blurb is thread, thread is [HERE]. Definitely a work in progress.
  • I am an artist and have personal art of certain characters; others have been lost to time, or are in desperate need of a revamp due to being on other sites old furry art outdated. For now, if I need to reference particulars, it's easiest with a picture. If that picture happens to feature a famous singer or model - sorry, bro.
  • time zone: EST, New York
  • usual availability: Sporadic
  • post minimum: 300-500+ Words
  • work schedule: Full time, Retail
  • current genre cravings:
    • Antiquated/Medieval
    • Victorian Gothic
    • Modern Horror
    • Urban Fantasy
  • [ character thread ]
uw9LyWR.gif

Last edited: