Both Needed Its a Pirate's life for me

Currently reading:
Both Needed Its a Pirate's life for me

Jeremy Bentham

Lone Wanderer
Local time
Today 5:04 PM
Yo Ho!

In a vast ocean-world, riddled with island chains, the seas are ripe for plundering. Years ago a band of outlaws sailed the seas, but after numerous run ins with militias and other pirates the band of misfits have disbanded, each going their separate ways. Now, with rumors of treasure reaching the ears of the captain, he assembles his crew once more. Having each gone their own way, living entirely different lives, they must rediscover the thirst for adventure and treasure as they once more set sail.

Im looking for at least 2 other people, preferably more. Everyone playing at least 2 characters. Looking for a variety of characters and stories. We'll need some world building, creating different islands and cultures along the way.

I'll be playing the Captain and the young'in of the group, who's parents once sailed on this very ship.

There will be smut, but on the side lines. Posts should be a min of 3 paragraphs, more is fine, less only in certain scenes.

If anyone is interested, leave a reply.

Last edited:
Interesting! I have two interesting character archetypes to suggest:
-The former exceptional swashbuckler undefeated in a duel, despite a newfound dysfunctional levels of alcoholism.
-The cannoneer turned circus performer contortionist who has a nasty habit of falling asleep inside the cannons.

I like the cannoneer idea!
The swashbuckling duelist character i was thinking of having killed off in the years between when the band was active and them reuniting. I was thinking MC would be the son of the Captain's best duelist, who was killed by a rival gang. His mother having taken him away from that life, growing up a blacksmith before dying herself. Now he joins the captain's quest trying to live up to his father's role. Yet not quite being who his father was.

"You can't fire me! I'M ALREADY FIRED!" Lights the fuse of the cannon, fully aware that he is inside of it.

Alright then, how about another character concept;
The former mountain. Once a superhuman mountain of muscle who could lift and drop anchor by his lonesome, he has lost a lot of his gigantic mass with the years, having no real reason to maintain his muscular physique, and is now just as tall, but very lithe to the point of being almost skeletal individual, robbing him of none of his intimidating presence. The weird small black cat he adopted during their travels revealed itself to be a tiger cub covered in soot, but he went to great lengths to dye its fur black and is categorically adamant it is just a really well fed housecat. It listens to him in spite of the fact it could easily bite a man in half, being itself monstrously large by the standards of even tigers, making it an unlikely but effective ally.

Sure, that works. Im thinking we need a drunk priest on board as well.
Remember, this is an original world, primarily ocean but with scattered island civilizations, some more primitive than others. Im not opposed to introducing guns, but im thinking of minimizing the amount of technology they have available. Less black powder usage.

Well...how about a raunchy drunk priest? I have character in mind who holds her own, plays dice, cards with the pirates and actually has a incrediable singing voice if the chance should ever arise. Witty, humor, and deadly with a knife.

I'd be very interested in apping as the gunnery officer, in charge of the cannon crews and storage of powder, shot, and cannon rounds.

I think that would work! That makes 4, lets get one more female player and I think we're set.

Sweet!!!
Just one question, what kind of pics do you like for character sheets? I'm good with anything, just want to ask first.

If you're looking for a snarky cleaner and a too kind for a pirates lifestyle cook I'd love to join~ Male or female, depending on which would be more interesting to see in either role~ 🥺💕

Back
Top Bottom