Challenge Submission King Corbion's fall

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission King Corbion's fall

Local time
Yesterday 10:34 PM
Pronouns
He/they
I5hl4pnhy1GwaHebOkWmuStTB11uY2kpkWkuCwfdws2YzHvXvl-hI5IILgGAN7OPlGJBbDnSEpsKCE-4yOlZl1tOw9ypChpGRWmwUnf-f0t-nJL8fNVZTrpVIp5pHUFv2_Ru6vyS-ZJ0UJdfRg
Chieftain Hektar Doomweaver sits at the head of the table. His daughter and greatest warrior Rinn, named after her mother, Rhen, sit on his left. Her mother sits on his right. She leans over him, smiling at Rinn as she watches Ghil.

"Rinn, honey, when are you going to marry? I want grandchildren." Rhen said. Her daughter blushed, getting caught gawking. Making her parents giggle.

"You are beautiful, Rinn. Which man would you pick to be your husband?" Hektar asked. Backing his wife in this endeavour.

"He would have to be strong, handsome…" Rinn thought as her gaze returned to Ghil. "He would have to be courageous, and he would have to have a good sense of Justice."

"He would have to be Ghil?" Her mother inquired. "Go to him Rinn."

Rinn returns to her mind after remembering last night's massacre. It was supposed to be a celebration. But it turned into the murder of her father. The assassin's. Thought they could escape. Only to be put to death after spilling their secrets. Now she leads her army to King Corbion's front gates for ever thinking he could get away with crossing the alliance her father built with his family.

King Corbion stands at the edge of the tower platform. He smiles down at the chaotic battle. His army is crushing the rebel forces. When the fighting stops, he would descend upon them and execute the remaining rebels. They were all pawns at his disposal. Corbion knows he can't trust Hektar Doomweaver and was the only one with a force that could rival his army. But he took care of that with the assassins he sent to exterminate the bloodline. "Look at them, Mordakai. Their ranks are breaking and we've won the Battle."

"Do not underestimate our enemies, lord." Mordakai took Corbion's word for it. Not moving from his position. Corbion rolled his eyes. Mordakai loathed his king. This was a needless rebellion. Unlike his uncle Corbion, always suspected of killing his family to seize the throne, is a greedy slime that disgusts Mordakai.

"Who would come to help them? We've broken the barbarians with the assassination of their chief." Corbion says with a laugh, "Enjoy this victory with me, Mordakai." Corbion says, standing next to his tense general. Mordakai had warned him prior to sending the assassins that if it fails, the kingdom will fall. But Mordakai was a general. What did he know about espionage?

Mordakai rolls his eyes. "We have not obtained victory, lord please use caution." "The assassin did not return lord, we assume that Rinn Doomweaver lives." Mordakai warns. His concern boils with anger as his patience dwindles.

"Nonsense my vigilant General. Rinn Doomweaver and her clan will not help the rebels."

"Not if she knows you sent the assassin to kill her father." Mordakai says, concern on his face. They should have heard news about the death of the Doomweaver family line, but since last night, it has been silent. Mordakai knows he should prepare for the barbarians to arrive at any moment.

"Dragon!" a soldier shouts over the chaos below. Corbion hears his soldiers below panic, looking above them for the dragon. The rebel army gets a second wind from the gust under Doomweaver's soaring beast. Her war cry thunders over the battlefield as the barbarian army attacks supporting the rebels.

"No!" Mordakai shouts, running to the edge of the tower. "Soldiers retreat! We will hold them off in the castle walls! Retreat! Retreat! Retreat…" Mordakai sees his attempts to save the men he trained and shed blood with. It was no use. The shadow of the dragon Rinn rides blocks out the sun as it circles around.

"You did this! Coward, you will stand and fight like a king!" Mordakai grabs Corbion and rips him to the ground from behind. Corbion falls like a child groaning as he stumbles to his feet. "I warned you of this, lord. We should have left the Barbarians alone now we are all dead!" Mordakai slaps Corbion, making the king fall to the ground again. Fury shone in his eyes as he has half a mind to kill the king here and now.

"Mordakai, protect me from that monster. You swore an oath." Corbion begs as Mordakai drags him to the edge of the tower, intending to throw him off. Pathetic, this man is a king? A spineless leach that has filled his pockets with the people's gold, starving the peasants and causing discord within the kingdom's citizens.

"Witness the doom you've sewn on this kingdom." Mordakai spat at Corbion. The dragon Rinn rode in on, making its approach. Turning back to come in for an attack. The dragon flies over the tower once more, flapping the giant bat-like wings as it prepares to dive attack over the battle. Mordakai knows the fight is over. If only Corbion had listened to Mordakai about leaving the barbarians out of this conflict.

"Corbion!" Her voice makes Corbion squeal like a dying pig as he tries to find a place to hide. Mordakai looks at her beast as it flies overhead. Swooping in and diving. Rinn Doomweaver lands on the tower platform. Her dragon spits fire from its mouth, attacking Corbion's royal army with the flames if immediate defeat. It replaced the sounds of men fighting for their lives with the sounds of his men being burned alive.

"You do not have to die here Mordakai, you have my respect and a place within my ranks." Rinn offered. "Let me cut this coward's head off and spare the rest of your men." Rinn watches Corbion beg Mordakai to defend him in silence. She watches Mordakai consider her offer but knows deeper than he would refuse because, unlike his king, Mordakai has integrity and honour. Rinn smirks in anticipation of the battle between her and Mordakai. She wielded in her hands her father's Dragon Fang war hammer with authentic battle damage.

"That is tempting, Doomweaver, but we both know our duties and places in this world." Mordakai draws his greatsword. The tip of the blade touches the tower top as he drags it towards Rinn. The intent to kill becomes stronger and the tension between Doomweaver and Mordakai becomes electric.

Rinn's eyes widened, with a wicked smile stretching across her face as she watched him like a tiger. "That is why my father always respected you." She says the Dragon fang Warhammer looked heavy in her hands, but the pure muscular tone of her body shows she can use her late father's weapon. Mordakai tightens his grip on his sword in hopes that his experience will carry him through this fight.

Rinn charges Mordakai, Warhammer in her hands as she twists her body into a spin. Rinn ducks under Mordakai's great blade. Her spin carries through. The flat head of the hammer impacts Mordakai's chest. As she comes back around with a rising strike. Sending Mordakai into a violent tumble into the wall that leads back into the throne room. The strike of Rinn's hammer cracks his dragon scale armour.

Rinn doesn't let Mordakai recover from her attack. But reinforcements prevent her from following up with a death blow. Rinn backs off to adjust to the change in the fight.

"I trained these warriors personally, Doomweaver." Four knights, dressed in armour that was like Mordakai's. Three of them carry swords. One carries a spiked mace.
"Is that so?" Rinn says without wavering. They attack. Rinn is on the defensive, struggling to attack, but she isn't cracking under their pressure. She spins, dodging two swordsmen attacking her, swinging the heavy hammer around, trapping them in the claw and throwing them towards the others. She faces them with a smile, like she was enjoying the fight for their lives. A strap from her bra falls, and she bleeds from a small cut the knight landed on her. The four knights attack at the same time and she defends them all with the hammer. Shoving them back using all her might. She saw four young knights show up, distracting everyone.

"Father!" One of the young knights called out.

"Bridget, you and your friends need to run away while you can." Mordakai shouts, turning his back to Rinn.

"Let us help you." The girl pleaded. But her friends grabbed her and ran towards the King.

Rinn's gaze follows them to Corbion as he traversed the wall, trying to find escape. Rinn returns her gaze to her opponents as they regroup. She watches them without the slightest hint of intimidation. The knight with the mace, then Mordakai, and the three with swords on the left. She noted a change in their demeanour and she knows it's time to stop playing with her prey. She releases the clasp that attached the cloak to her shoulder. "It's time to end this."

"Agreed." Mordakai launched himself with his allies at Rinn. She takes a step back. Circling quickly, using the hilt of her hammer to hit a sword carrier in the face, staggering him. With her offhand, she grabbed the knight's sword arm, dragging him into her. She released her grip on his arm, grabbing his throat sprinting to get away from an attack from behind. Dragging the knight by his throat. Another infront of her thrusts his sword. She shoves the knight she had by the throat into the sword and he dies with a wheeze as his lung collapses in his chest. They threw the knight who killed him off balance. Rinn turns around, throwing the hammer at Mordakai and the mace wielding knight. The hammer goes over the edge, taking the mace wielder with it.

Rinn picks up the dead knight's sword as Mordakai and his last remaining allies hesitate to attack her. One attacks as she does. Rinn rolls out of the way, the sword in a reverse grip in her hand. She sweeps a blade from behind, pushing him into the knight that chased her. Rinn flipped the sword in her hand upright. Her three enemies in front of her are closing in slowly. She changes the pace and launches herself to the left. The knight attacks and she defends with a block, her shoulder crashing into the knight and knocking him into his ally defending another attack. She grabs the dagger from a belt and stabs the dagger into an eye slot, blinding the knight, who screams and drops his sword, grabbing his face.

She watches his ally try to attack, but his wounded friend blindly gets in his way. Rinn uses this distraction to close in, grabbing the sword in the ground and decapitating the knight in front of his friend. The second sword she picked up follows the first sword thrusting into the knight's face. And only Mordakai is left.

Rinn turns to face Mordakai, and she sprints towards him. The old warrior responds with a mighty swing swept by Rinn's front weapon; the back hand comes swinging. Rinn forces Mordakai to turn his back and swing the sword from over his shoulder. She leans over, dodging, and switches her stance, stepping closer to Mordakai. Her left hand in front, she flips the sword to a reverse grip and traps Mordakai's arm, jerking the blade into his elbow, bringing him off balance and thrusting her right-hand sword into his face. She hears his daughter shriek from across the wall and looks for Corbion.

Bridget lets her friends as Rinn moves towards them. Corbion continues to flee, but Rinn's dragon destroying the wall cuts his path off. Rinn smiles as she sees Corbion trapped like a rat. As she gets closer, Mordakai's daughter stands in her way. Holding her sword out, the blade trembled with her body. "Flee child." Rinn told her, "My respect for your father will only save you if you leave now."

Rinn smiles at Bridget. "I see." She looked past Bridget to Corbion. "Are you really going to let me slaughter this child, Corbion?" Rinn shouted across the wall. She looks at Bridget, who hadn't moved yet. Rinn knows the girl was too afraid to attack. Rinn drops one of her swords. "This is your last chance. Do you really want to die for an insect like Corbion?" Rinn asks.

"This has nothing to do with him. I will avenge my father." Bridget attempted to sound strong. Rinn didn't see any thrill in the fight, but if she refuses to let her pass, then it must be done.

"Are you sure you won't let me kill Corbion first?"

"FIGHT ME!" Bridget shouts, to fight back her tears as her home crumbles around her. Rinn approaches with a staggering step that confuses Bridget as she attacks. Rinn easily dodges, sweeping Bridget's sword down, kicking it out of her hand, then slapping her with a backhand. That staggers Bridget back. Rinn's grip around her throat cuts her wince off. Rinn lifts the girl off her feet, leaning her head out and looking at Corbion as she slowly slides the blade into Bridget's chest. Bridget kicks and twitches in Rinn's grip. Like a fresh kill in a wolf's mouth. Rinn pulls the blade out of Bridget's chest and drops her body over the edge.

Corbion backs away until he trips and falls over the edge. Rinn looks over the edge, watching him fall over the remnants of his burning army being killed by the rebels and the barbarians. Rinn's dragon catches Corbion as he falls. "THE CASTLE IS OURS!" Rinn shouts over the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom