Currently reading:
Kitty in a Box

KittyCantEven

Da Box Denizen
Local time
Today 1:46 PM
Although I already put a fair bit of what I'd put here on my profile, here goes...
I'm an RP junkie of 20 years hoping to find even just one partner that can give me something to look forward to...

Looking for ...
  • nothing less than 2 rps
    • (1 plot of mine, 1 plot of yours, just for starters)
  • frequent availability
    • (even if you can't manage daily posts, daily chatting and plotting would be nice, even if it's just goofing around about silly character thoughts)
  • world/universe building
    • (hopefully we will have many stories going and can interconnect them into a deep world/universe)
  • an open mind
    • (your list of 'NO's shouldn't be more than 5 things, mine is only 2.5)
  • somebody that fangirls/fanboys about their own (ORIGINAL) characters
    • (my characters are more like actors, its fun to put them in different roles and watch them grow)
  • smut ... the spice of life
Hard NOs
  • FanFiction
  • FxF
  • Crude Scat (tastefully done is ok)
In regard to what I am OK with... was it on my list of NOs?
  • Yes - move along
  • No - lets plot

Preferences

Gender Pairings (in this order, first letter MC second letter YC)
  1. MxM
  2. MxI (intersex, any non-binary variation therein)
  3. IxM
  4. MxF
  5. ...
  6. ...
  7. ...
  8. IxF
  9. FxM
  10. FxI
Genre
  • A good story ... (been RPing for roughly 20 years, can't think of a genre I haven't touched on.)

Alternate Forms of Contact: Due to my history and limited computer availability (I have my tablet 24-7, but websites can be a challenge), I would like to keep in touch with my Partners off site.
(can be found on my profile)
RolePlay = Life

WARNING: Kitty is blunt. This past year has been...aggravating, and I am done trying to give chances to people I would not usually RP with.

I generally approach RPs with a relaxed posting style, going with the flow. Though I do try to maintain 1 paragraph per character in a post. An intro or time hop should be longer than an average post, in my opinion, because you are setting a scene.
I can't stand fluffing a post with unnecessary words just for the sake of making it longer. A longer post does not mean it is a quality post.
If you want to write short story length replies, good on you, why don't you just go write something by yourself?

Also, RPing is about give and take, 2 or more people writing together. If one person is solely pushing the plot, rethink that partnership, 'cause, it's sinking.
There should be excitement for the plot and constant correspondence to ensure you are headed the same direction, though not so much that doing the RP is pointless, don't plot out every little detail.
If I wanted to know every little thing coming up I would just write by myself, but that's boring, that's why I RP. I try to work in little surprises and am thrilled to have a partner that does likewise.

I do lean the way of "slice of life" with any RP I do, apparently. Though I have a hard time seeing what makes something not be "slice of life". You have some characters and you are telling their story through their actions (fantastical or otherwise) ... sounds like an RP.

As far as my availability goes, I am a homebody.
I have depression and some serious anxiety issues (mild agoraphobia), so I don't go out much. RolePlaying, writing stories and chatting with my partners is my escape, my distraction, my "going out" equivalent.

It would be nice to find other people with a broad availability. I always have my tablet. Sadly it is getting old and does not do webpages the best, Discord is a great way to get a hold of me anytime, even just to let me know you posted so I can get on the website.

And if genders are your thing, I am a boy Kitty. Also, Kitty, Aiden and MoMo are suitable names to refer to me by.

Outside of post based RPing I also play D&D. I've tried DM/GMing, while I don't care for it myself, I know the effort that goes into running a campaign. Would love a chance to join a group, I favor story over combat...go figure.

So, my memory is pretty shoddy from this time...but when I was about 8 events happened in my life that I needed an escape from. Thankfully I had friends that understood this, even at 8 years old, and our simple games of "House" grew into serious world and character building. I threw myself into it and my friends moved on, so I started writing. I decided on a whim to share what I had with a cousin and she loved it. We ran with it, spending as much time building our world and characters as we could. Kingdoms, and cultures, customs and special foods. Sky was the limit.
Then something else happened, now my cousin needed an escape. She and two of her brothers came to live with my family for awhile. We were able to get even more in depth and lose ourselves. At the time the two main characters we were enthralled with were a couple, typical cheesy "forbidden love"... this led to a new level in our world, in our stories. Sadly as we hit puberty she had pretty much lost herself completely and became very controlling, turning our pleasant escape into an unhealthy reality.
When she and her brothers went to live with an aunt, she had a hard time adjusting. I however, turned to the internet. And quickly sank myself into post based RP. I remember that I had started online before I was 13, because my friends and I were all so excited to FINALLY be able to tack in "13+" into our thread titles. A hilarious thought now, but it was a big deal to us. Constant bans due to "inappropriate" content quickly became a regular thing for us.
I remember my first ban... It was because I had written in that when Knottz/Ein shifted from his fox form into a "human" that he had no clothes. Because I dislike when a character transforms and maintains clothes, for no other reason that to have clothes. So, from then on he would transform with ragged clothing. Annoying.
With my online friends we spent nearly a decade expanding and enriching the worlds, the universe I had started with friends in the schoolyard.

Since then, I have continued refining and building on my universe, which I like to simply call Da Box.
Don't recall exactly when the first time I was called "Kitty" was, but I know it was over 15years ago.
The first site I was ever on was NeoPets, and even back when I was 12-13 (when I first got started online) I had an inclination toward "riskier" story content, and would get banned almost weekly. Think I had gone through over 30 screen names at one point. Unsurprisingly my friends I wrote with also started getting banned. So we decided on a set of animals and key words we'd use in our screen names "just in case".
And so Da Box was born...
I would cycle through using keywords "insane" "witty" "this" "one" in various orders and combinations paired with "Kitty"
My friends were "hobo" "happy" "jeph" and his animal key was "Hamster" ...and... "teh" "funneh" "funny" "Bunny"
We stuck together for nearly 10 years, cycling these words in our usernames. We made our way RPing through a couple sites. We fell out of touch about 12 years ago. I haven't really had much of an online presence since then, but I still keep "Kitty" in hopes I might find my friends again.

As for this name specifically... "Kitty Can't Even"
About a year ago I attempted to dive back in to RPing online. Took a week to find some partners but I was finally getting back to feeling normal when out of nowhere, in the midst of waiting for replies I was BANNED ... no warning, complete site lock out, IP block, no way to contact the people I had been RPing with, wouldn't even let me sign out.Worst Nightmare. The only thing I could still access was their "site rules", which far as I could tell, I had broken none of. So after a lot of looking I finally found how to contact them to find out what was up...they never responded.

I was so pissed I had decided not to bother trying...but my need to RP was nagging and the anniversary of the Da Box came, and I tried again.
Because Kitty Can't Even...
  • function without RP
  • live without new inspiration
  • go without socializing with like-minded individuals

Last edited:
Although I already put a fair bit of what I'd put here on my profile, here goes...
Outside of post based RPing I also play D&D. I've tried DM/GMing, while I don't care for it myself, I know the effort that goes into running a campaign. Would love a chance to join a group, I favor story over combat...go figure.

So true there! It takes a lot to run GM a quality campaign. I also agree, story over combat every time!

Back
Top Bottom