Currently reading:
All Learning New Things and Having Fun

Martzi

Baron
Local time
Today 8:32 PM
Pronouns
they/them/theirs
(Edited 12/5 with a new idea and a new boundary)

Who are you, how long have you been writing and what kind of things do you like to write?
Hi! My name is Martzi (they/them). I'm in my mid-twenties and have been rping for, oh, 15 years? I haven't written much outside of rps and schoolwork in some time, though. I like writing original stories the most, probably, though I'm not always good at coming up with ideas for them. But I also have a soft spot for Harry Potter Marauders era rps.

How long do your replies tend to be and what is your writing schedule like?
I'd say my replies are generally 2-5 good sized paragraphs. Maybe 150-450 words? I think I'm pretty decent at mirroring, though, and can write less or more. My big caveat with more is that sometimes it means too much happens in one post and it doesn't give the other person a chance to respond - I would like us both to try not to do this. With less, just make sure you give me something to work with and I'm happy.

In terms of writing schedule, I'm on a lot. I will generally reply several times a day, or even several times an hour. There will be times when I'm not up for being on, though. I'd say it's unlikely I'll go more than a few days without at least checking in. You don't have to be on as much as me, though - I know most people are busier than I am. Though it would be awesome if there were times where we could just shoot posts back and forth. But I'd really just ask that you try to post a couple times a week, if possible.

What is your tolerance level for gore? Violence?
I don't really know. I haven't done many rps that got really into the violence and gore. I definitely don't want it to be the focus of the rp, and I'd need you to be okay with me setting boundaries as we go. But I'm open to giving it a try.

Do you write sexual content? If so, what are your kinks? Limits?
I haven't written sexual content in the past but I'm open to giving it a try. My main asks would be to be patient and give me constructive feedback if you're comfortable, since I'm learning to do this as we go, and to be okay with me setting boundaries as we go. I don't want it to be the main focus of the rp, regardless. I mostly want plot, with maybe a bit of smut sprinkled in.

I'm pretty uncomfortable with big age gaps between characters in romantic/sexual relationships. The younger the characters, the smaller the age gap I'm comfortable with.

Do you write any fandoms? (Please bear in mind that any characters under 18 and any high school settings must be aged up)
I'd be interested in writing in so many fandoms. Too many to list, but I'll give it a try.

Hunger Games, Harry Potter, The Magicians (show, haven't read the books), Eragon, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dollhouse, Firefly, Murderbot Diaries, Lunar Chronicles, Percy Jackson, Star Wars, The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms. I don't know if this counts as a fandom, but I enjoy Mythology rps too (I've done Greek and Norse before but am down to learn some new mythology too).

I'm definitely missing some. So if there's a fandom you want to play together, ask me.

Do you have any detailed plots prepared?
No super-detailed plots, I'd rather make them together. But a few general ideas I'd love to rp include:
  • Original story, semi-realistic in modern times (or could easily be made fandom if there's characters or background world we like). Characters A&B were engaged when A got into an accident and went into a coma with no expectation of ever waking up. Since they weren't married yet, A's parents as next of kin got the decision whether to pull the plug and decided not to, transferring A to a long-term care facility and praying for a miracle. B could have wanted to do the same or not - both could be fun. But eventually, B gives up hope and needs to let themself move on and be happy. But a miracle does happen and years after the accident, A wakes up with no real sense of all the time that has passed. B never stopped loving A, but is now dating/engaged/married to someone else who they love as well. Now that A is awake what does that mean for their relationship, for B's new relationship, for their lives? Could also be interesting if they had a kid together before the accident and how the kid responds as well, but that would be very secondary with the central focus being A, B, and maybe B's new partner, and we would be careful to follow site rules. We could also maybe make the kid 18 if you want them to be a bigger focus of the story. *** (I really want to write this one)
  • A Hunger Games rp focusing on the victors. I'd love a look into what their relationships are like, how they deal with the aftermath of their games, mentoring, all the shit the Capitol throws at them, and their role in the budding rebellion. I'd also be curious about looking at a Victor who had a loved one reaped and they had to mentor them through the games. It could also be interesting to look at the 75th games from the perspective of older victors who were already friends with everyone else they were being sent into the arena with. We will obviously have to change the age range of the reaping & games to be adults.
  • A Harry Potter Marauders rp, after graduation (so they're young adults or even aged up further to mid-twenties or so would make me most comfortable), and looking at the first war with Voldemort - what did the war look like, how did they cope with it? I love Wolfstar and would also be interested in Starchaser. I think looking at the origins of Starchaser and the possible tension it would create between Sirius and James could also be interesting.
  • A Lunar Chronicles rp, maybe focused on some servants at the palace. Looking at how they live with spending so much of their lives controlled and what that means for them. Or what the rebellion looked like outside of the main group. (If the main group comes up at all we'll age them up)
  • A Murderbot Diaries rp looking at SecUnits and/or ComfortUnits right after their governor module is disabled, looking at what those early stages of freedom look like. Or I might be interested in looking at a rebellion against the corporations by bots, SecUnits, ComfortUnits, indentured servants, and others being screwed over by the corporations.
  • A Eragon rp looking at the politics of the capitol while Galbatorix is in power could be fun. Or during the fall of the riders.
  • A Dollhouse rp where the 'dolls' really start remembering more, even moreso than in the show. Do they hide it? If not, how does the company respond?
  • Percy Jackson rp with adults. What if there was no Camp Half-Blood and instead the demigods have to spend their whole lives running from monsters? Maybe following a small group who realize they're demigods and have to deal with this?
  • A Hundred Thousand Kingdoms rp focused on the gods and developing their mythology.
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer rp set after the show ends. Maybe looking at women who are realizing they're slayers now and how they respond, or maybe with non-evil 'monsters' who now find they're being hunted by some of the slayers.
I am very open to modifying any of these ideas to make them suite your interests as well.
Hit me with your ideas too, I love rping other people's ideas as well!

Any additional notes you want to add?
I love having many characters and really filling out the world. It would be awesome to do a multi-character rp.
Also, I need to have at least some queer main characters in the rp. The odds of me writing MxF are pretty low, especially if they're cis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom