MxF Let's Make History (New plots and pairings!)

Currently reading:
MxF Let's Make History (New plots and pairings!)

Reni

The Queen of all Birds
Local time
Today 11:53 AM
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello everyone. My name is Reni Or if you like Ren this is my request thread.

Ok, let's get the nitty-gritty out of the way:

My style of writing is emotionally based meaning I spend a lot of time exploring my character's thoughts and feelings.

My characters are complex individuals who have wants and needs. They also tend to be sassy little things so expect some humor.

I am looking for a good story and not just smut. (Note that I am not opposed to smut, trust me I love it! But I just want a coherent story around the smut.)

I put a lot of thought into my writing and I expect my writing partners to put in a similar amount of effort. Posts should be at least 3-5 paragraphs long. I often average around 5-7 paragraphs per post but can do more or less depending on the situation. Mostly I match what I am given. Please no one-line responses.

I can post frequently, sometimes multiple times a day, but if you are unable to I completely understand. Not everyone has the same amount of flexibility that I have and that is ok. I do try to check in with my partners if I have not heard from them in a while though.

Also, I enjoy out-of-character chat and plotting quite a lot, so expect a fair amount of communication from me if we partner up.

I don't mind spelling or grammar mistakes. We all make them. It should also be noted that my spelling and grammar may be off sometimes as I am dyslexic. I do try to proofread my writing and spell check but It's not uncommon for me to miss things during the process. I do use Grammarly

Now that is done let's move on to the fun stuff! Hooray!:

I am a huge history nerd and therefore adore Historical Romance. (Think trashy romance novels with Fabio on the cover) It is and always will be my favorite thing to write. The period I deal in spans from ancient Greece and Rome, to about the late 1800s. I especially love the medieval period and the Renaissance. So if you are into that time please message me! Also, know that I try to be a period as accurately as possible. But I don't expect you to be an expert. If you are not a history buff and not sure what is period-accurate that is OK! As long as there is no inappropriate technology (I.e. electricity before the 1900's) I am fine with some inaccuracies. Some other topics I enjoy are mythology, fantasy, and supernatural storylines.

Another thing that I LOVE in a plot is drama! I'm talking mellow drama here. While sunshine rainbows and happy endings are all well and good and have their place I find that things are just so much more interesting with a good amount of drama thrown in for some flair.

Plots (bold=craving)

1. Set in the Old West, MC answers an ad for a mail-order bride and starts exchanging letters with your character (A. She falls in love with him and decides to move out to marry him. However, when she gets there she discovers that he is nothing like the man he presented himself to be in his letters. Still, she goes through with the wedding. Anyway, your character A has a brother (character B) and it turns out that B was the one writing the letters to my Character. B did this as a favor to his brother (A) who is not good with words. However, throughout exchanging letters with my character, B fell in love with her as well. But B steps aside for his brother (A) to marry her. From here we can take the story in a few different directions that we can hash out together.

2. Set during the regency era, MC is new to London, the ton, and her wealth. Her family has only just recently inherited a large fortune, elevating their social standing greatly. But as she comes from an upstart family with no title and no connections the London marriage market does little to embrace thr newcomer. YC needs money. While he has a title, (viscount or higher) his estate is in disrepair. When his father died he left behind little but his high status and staggering gambling debts. When he hears of the pretty upstart trying to break into society he sees the answer to all his problems. But can he woo the young woman with his charm and title alone? We will have to write and see.

3. Set either in a medieval society (Low fantasy) or ancient Greece MC is a princess. She is remarkably beautiful but can be a bit vain. Due to her beauty, her father has received many offers for her hand. Unable to choose without offending one Ally or another he had decided the best way to find her a groom was to hold a bridal contest. A tournament in which all who wished to participate could do so in hopes of winning the Princess's hand. YC is either low-level nobility or even a simple commoner who has decided to try his luck. Against the odds he wins the tournament and the hand of the Princess. From there, we explore the implications of such a match. Will YC rise up and claim glory and perhaps even a throne? Or will MC be brought down to a lower status in life and learn a valuable lesson?

4. Set in Athens after a war, all of MC's male relatives have recently died in battle leaving the family estate without an owner. According to Athenian law, women can not inherit. So the estate, and by extension, her, are being given to a young war hero (YC) as a reward for his service. The MC is none too pleased about this and butts heads with the new owner at every turn. We can discuss what happens from there but I do have ideas to keep the plot moving.

Pairings and Settings

King X Queen
Prince X Princess
Lord X Lady
Nobility X Peasant
Knight x Princess
Knight x Lady
Commoner x Noble
Barbarian x Princess/lady
Fairytale Retelling
Arranged marriage
Western/frontier (Mail order bride)
Regency (Think Bridgerton)

Victorian
Greek or Roman

I am also open to high and low fantasy settings.

If you have other ideas related to the Genres listed above I would be happy to hear them. I am always open to suggestions. But I don't care for a modern setting. Just not my cup of tea.

So if you are ready to dive into history and all it has to offer shoot me a message and let the storytelling commence! Let's make History.

Last edited:
New topics added above. Check them out!

Back
Top Bottom