All Let's Start Something

Currently reading:
All Let's Start Something

BlindsideTex

Duke
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:31 PM
Hello all! I'm Tex. Not like Texas though, if you're a fan of Halo and you watched Red vs Blue back in the day...you'll know who Tex is. ;)

Anyway. I'm not the best at request threads. There's so much that can be put into them and I'm sure I'll forget something! But that's why there is an edit button. Right? I've been writing/RPing for...yeesh....a long time. It is a fun pass time for me and I quite enjoy it. I will throw it out there that I will generally try to get at least one post in a day. However! I am in the midst of my last few semesters of RT school and I work in the hospital as well. So sometimes I'm purely exhausted. I'll let you know. But I do try to keep the story rolling. So if you're still with me let's dive in...

Things I like to write about:
  • Fantasy settings: this is my favorite genre and I can definitely come up with some fun ideas to get a story going. Magic? Heck yes. It can't have enough magic. Elves. Dragons. Castles? Knights! Princesses. You get it I'm sure.
  • Dark themes: Does your character have a dark past that drove them to become the character they are today? Is a character tortured by a mistake that they made when they were younger? What are the demons of the mind? This can range from visions of a future that is to become of the world...dreams of the past that are more of a nightmare. Torture? Sure thing. If it's dark and twisty I'm bound to find it fun to write about.
  • World building: I like to create something unique for our characters and I like to work with my RP partner to craft this place. Let's make it our own.
  • Original characters: I've tried cannons...fandoms...it isn't that it is uninteresting. I am just not as invested in the story as I am with an original character. Though I may gain some ideas for a character from movies, tv, books, etc...but it'll never be an exact to the T representation of a character. I find that I feel constricted if I do that.
  • Violence and gore: All for it. Write it out. Did my character bury the dagger to the hilt in an enemy's chest? I'll give you details on exactly what happened. :)
How do I tend to write?
  • My introduction posts to any particular story tend to be lengthy. I like to really build the world up. I'll toss in the backstory to my character, of course I won't give everything away in one post. But it'll give you an idea of how that character might react to certain things. But it may craft a mystery about the character that is worth unraveling.
  • My posts after introduction usually depend on the flow of the RP. I continue with description. I may toss in a few memories or dreams here and there that are important to character development. But if it is a quick back and forth between the characters I may do around 3 paragraphs or so. I cannot do one liner responses. I don't feel it gives enough detail of what is happening in the world or with the character.

What do I look for in a writing partner?
  • No one line responses. It just doesn't allow me enough to reply to. It'll fizzle a RP with me really fast.
  • Put in some world building and character development of your own. Don't be afraid of it. We are building the story together. I don't want to drive the bus alone :)
  • Let me know if you get busy. I'm totally fine with it. Just a little heads up if you can is awesome. Otherwise I'll think I've been ghosted and that kinda hurts. Especially when we have an awesome story going. But I know life gets crazy. Mine does too.
  • Please don't god mod. Characters that are perfect and never fail aren't as much fun as a character that is 'perfectly flawed'.
Smut isn't really my thing:
  • I'm sure I lost people there. I know it's an unpopular opinion. Apologies for that. If you're still here...great :) I am totally fine with romance. If it develops and our characters fall in love or what have you...that's great. But I much prefer fading to black if possible.

Ideas:
  • An Elven kingdom offers up their daughter to a human kingdom to create peace...except peace is not what is found. The princess is accused of murder and must flee back to her kingdom. Now with war looming on the horizon something must give.
  • A world where those with magic are captured and their powers are used to supply power to the cities. This would be a steampunk type setting I'm thinking.
  • A festival is enjoyed each year by the vampires of the city beneath the harvest moon. Though this year something strange happened. A human was able to resist against the hypnosis that causes memory loss...and thus the clan of vampires is posed with a difficult situation. What should they do with this human? Is there something important at play here?
  • The apocalypse is upon the kingdom. Fire seems to rain from the sky. Famine, pestilence...now war and death. How can this be stopped? Long story short: blood magic and time travel. Can the end of times be stopped?

Pairings without any particular ideas behind them:
  • Vampire x hunter
  • vampire x lycan
  • elf x human
  • elf x mage
  • viking x elf
  • warrior x mage

Really anything so long as we have a world to put the characters in. If you have an idea that perhaps has been sparked by my thread let me know! I'm down to chat about ideas and get something going. If you made it this far thank you for sticking around and reading :) I hope to chat with you soon so we can create something fun.

Last edited:
Would love to do a elf x mage
Viking x elf etc.

Back
Top Bottom