Currently reading:
Unspecified Lil's Stories

Soliloquy

Knight
Local time
Today 8:16 PM
Hi there, aspiring RP-mate, and thank you for giving my thread a glance!

If you want to contact me regarding interest in an RP, please PM me directly. Please don't post straight to the thread. Thank you :)

Before I begin, allow me to state a brief notice of intent:​
-----------------
Intent:
---------------------

On this site, I intend to create and participate in roleplays of a multifaceted (but not convoluted), sensual (but not utterly depraved), and thought-provoking nature.

Duh, right? Here is how I make that happen.

In my experience roleplaying, the best RPs I've ever had the chance to be a part of hinged upon a few important factors.
  • Personal compatibility. the key to creating a solid RP, both in terms of characters, plot, and setting. The best way that'll happen, I earnestly believe, is if we get to know each other a little prior to the RP itself.

• Mutual respect and trust. It's the foundation for any human relationship. Your co-writer (myself), is a living, breathing human being, and has just as much say and entitlement as you should have for yourself. That means respecting their time, keeping them informed, and contributing new direction and content.

• Honesty. I will be explicit: if you do not like the direction of an RP that we have crafted together, or are losing interest for whatever reason, tell me. Everyone has had someone who has concocted a story, invested time, keystrokes, and thought into it, thought it was going fine up until one day when their partner stops answering. That's not cool, grow a spine and be bold enough to say that it isn't doing it for you any more.
Do you concur? Great! Keep going. The good stuff is down there, somewhere. :)

---------------------------------
Expectations:
----------------------------------------
  • Length: there really can't be a set "length" for posts. From what I've seen on the site thus far, nobody really does one or two liners, so I hope you don't either. By the same token, being verbose doesn't do you any favors either. Action, description, and dialogue, preferably written in active voice, 3rd person: make it work as best as you can. I can write whip-cracking snippets of dialogue, to Hemingway-esque descriptions of the pleasure domes of Xanadu. Though I think that adjectives tend to be the enemy of good writing.

• Limits: What will happen here will (at points, seldom constantly) be X-rated. Adult roleplay has a heavy focus in throwing you outside your comfort zone, and I actively embrace that. That being said, and in accordance with the site's policy: I will not be a part of any RP engaging in: pedodphilic elements, necrophilic elements, bestiality (as per the description put forward by the staff/admin), mutilation/amputation, scat-play, catheterization, torture without consent nor reason, infantilism, nor degradation/humiliation of a professional nature.

• Grammar/Syntax: Proper formatting of the English language is important. It's the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse. I won't bite your head off for minor transgressions but if grammar becomes an ongoing concern, we'll need to have a talk.

• Communication: As I mentioned in my intent, compatibility, a la communication, is key to a successful RP. As severe as I imagine I sound when you're reading this, I'm a decent gal. Or at least try to be :p . If you're my partner for an RP, there's a high chance you are/are well on the way to being a friend of mine, and I talk with my friends often, and deeply. So, please, let's talk.

• Posting Frequency: Under normal circumstances, I generate a post per day. If I am in a bind, I will tell you that in the immediate future, replies will be slow (but hopefully with no sacrifice in quality). If I don't hear anything from you over a week, I will probably PM you and ask for an update. If that goes unnoticed for another week without any explanation, I probably will draw the RP to a close.
And now, without further ado, my active plot ideas!

- - - - : MODERN : - - - -

Neon Skies

Miami, summer of 1983. A sea of light, hope, fear, promise, and mania.

Vietnam is barely a memory in the minds of most Americans, and the ever-looming threat of nuclear Armageddon with the Soviet Union only punctuates the attitude of this cultural-construct of a city: hedonistic denial.

In Miami, this manifests itself in no truer form than crime.​

Enter Andre Reinhardt: Mid-level enforcer for Vincent Verde-- one of the most pervasive criminal presences in the East. Following the debacle of Vietnam, there were few legitimate enterprises for Andre to put the skills which he took away from the Green Berets. He would have preferred to not become a criminal, but neither could he see himself twisting and contorting to the corporate whims and lowering himself to office work. He would say he chose between the devil and the deep blue sea, and the devil won. Gainfully employed for five years, he was happy from time to time. He had a decent pad near the beach, a fast car, hot and cold-running liquor, and his choice of women who made too-many mistakes.

Life was steady. If the requirement to keep it that way was shooting a Ruskie or a Wop every now and then, so be it. It's like war, in that way.

But one day, that goes bad-- way bad. Now the enterprise, and the cops are after him, and they are tearing a jagged cut through the noise and neon to whack him.

He will not survive alone.
But if he had a partner?
They'll have a chance.
That partner is You.​

- - - - : STEAMPUNK : - - - -

Make way for Science!

A steampunk RP-world concept I've had "in the gears" for a long while. Taking place in an alternate history timeline, and starting in the year 1824.

Focused in a loose Central Europe, the world has been shaken up with some new chemical and social advances. The discovery of Luborium, an offshoot of Uranium used as a power-source, but being conceptualized now as a weapon, and Aetherium, an offshoot of Titanium/Aluminum, used as a lightweight building material for the budding aerocraft, autocar, and manufacturing fine parts have propelled the capabilities and curiosities of man-- and his ambitions.

In the wake of this unprecedented surge of scientific advancement, the feuding states of Europe are still trying to decide on how best to apply these new technologies: for the service of mankind, or to propel his ambitions forward still, and bring about a golden age of unrestricted, unlimited knowledge!

The choice for who to support and who to subvert is up to You.

Salve Europa! Salve Scientiam!​

- - - - : HISTORICAL FANTASY/MAGICAL REALISM : - - - -

Lle de Fuite

1810. Post-Revolutionary France is in the height of its expansion under the recently crowned "Emperor Bonaparte". Colonization of the Americas, Canada, and South-east Asia is in full swing, with thousands of colonists being paid by the crown to sail to these distant, unknown lands, and found a functioning colony: a microcosm of the Free France that is the envy of nations far and wide.

But, an unprecedented event is about to take place, dramatically changing the way history will unfold.
An unremarkable colony ship, Le Sitael, captained by Jean-Phillipe Gagnon and bound for South-east Asia, has discovered an unidentified continent roughly two thousand kilometers South of the tip of India.

It has never been recorded on any sea-charts of any nation to date, and the region has always been believed to be nothing more than empty ocean. What the crew of the Sitael discovered, defied reason: vegetation the likes of which no man has ever seen. A race of slender, graceful elves living in harmony within eloquent and beautiful tree-houses. Deeper into the forests, Gnomes living in tight-knit communities in cleverly-constructed and elaborately decorate gnome-holes. Closer to the colossal mountain at the center of the continent, Dwarves living underground, crafting amazing works of art and armor from metals and gems never glimpsed by human eyes. Mythical beasts thought only legends also roam this mysterious land: griffon, peryton, hippogryph, and many more wondrous things call this island home.
Exercising his right as Captain-now-Viceroy, Gagnon has decided to call his voyage complete, and has begun to establish a colony off the shore , christened "L'île de fuite" or the Vanishing Isle.​

Will the French colonists defy history, and learn to live in peace with the inhabitants of this mystical land, or will history repeat itself and lead to an occupation?

Only You can decide.
- - - - : SCIENCE FICTION : - - - -

To Steal the Past

Set in an unforgiving future, humanity has expanded into the vast veil of the galaxy and found survival, but not prosperity. Perhaps one in ten million planets in the reaches of space can support an atmosphere tolerable to humans. Interstellar travel is possible through the development of limited wormhole traversing technology.

The people who get to actually use it are few and far between.​

Most humans live on one of many space stations located near resource-rich planets or asteroid belts, and quietly live out their days breathing recycled air and eating simulated versions of the food once so plentiful on Earth, now just a memory of a decadent past. Corporate presence dominates the reaches of human space, fielding their own warships, mining fleets, and exploration vessels; the closest competition they hold are pirate flotillas: scavengers and brigands looking only for themselves.

It is a grim future, but even now there is a selfish hope: unbeknownst to nearly all of mankind, the secret of time-travel, back into a glorious, opulent past, is on the cusp of being realized,

You are going to steal it.​

Per Ardua ad Astra

2475. Earth has not existed as the sole residence of humanity for a complete century.​

A handful of successful colonies have spread across the galaxy, thanks to the 'faster than light' (FTL) jump drive, leaps across interstellar space are limited only by the amount of raw processing power available to the system plotting the jump. Interstellar spacecraft, whether for commerce, exploration, science, mining, or warfare, are now the prized domain of virtually all working peoples.

Acceptance into either a United Earth Federation (UEF), or a Corporate crew requires a unique blend of skills, experience, and personality to make a starship's crew "work".​

The most successful, most desired candidates to UEF and private crews alike are drawn, without question, from the Nos Astras corporation. Specializing in taking aspiring spacefarers possessing commendable theoretical talents, practical skills, tuned instincts and transforming them into the navigators, engineers, pilots, scientists, and the commanders of tomorrow. Further, the graduates of Nos Astra fulfill a unique mandate which the UEF has charged them with:

"Serving under the mandate of the Nos Astras Corporation, the cadet will undertake tasks to ensure Terran astral sovereignty including, but not limited to:
  • Exploration and survey of astronomical bodies;
  • Security of critical UEF trade routes;
  • Rescue and recovery of downed craft or personnel;
  • Pacification of Orbital Habitation Zones;
  • Research and testing of rare astronomical phenomenon.
The UEF and the Nos Astras Corporation will not be held liable in the event of the cadet's decommissioning, disappearance, or death. "​

The UEF has granted Nos Astra complete legal immunity for the lives of their cadets: you are as expendable as you choose to be. New blood which hopes to make something of itself.

Welcome to the Black, cadet.​

- - - - : CYBERPUNK : - - - -

D1g!TДL Dr3Aӎ$

Heavily inspired by the lore and mythos of the popular tabletop (and now PC-RPG) game, "Shadowrun".​

2031. A great deal has changed in the not-too-distant future. The most profound of these changes was the return of Magic to the cold technocracy that our world was becoming. On June 28th, 2030, Evocation, restoration, conjuration, all the magic that our imaginations had ever dreamt up became just another reality.

Along with the resurgence of magic, came the return of the forgotten races. Elves, dwarves, orcs, and trolls: their essences finding the bodies of humans living their lives in our world and claiming them—becoming them. Still fully sapient and intelligent, these new races and faces have had mixed success in integrating to traditional human society. Often largely outnumbered in a chiefly-human world, but many have found their niches and successes.

The world however, for all its change and wonder, is running to the ceaseless heartbeat of commerce. Working ever in the shadows though, is the Militia. Similar to the Shadowrunner of the aforementioned franchise, the Militia and its members are mercenaries, criminals, working outside the bounds of corporate law to see a life that your average wage-slave would never glimpse: wealth, adventure, and combat.

Few survive. It suits them fine-- fewer shares, after all.​

You, and your crew however, are about to embark on a dangerous assignment for a benefactor who will make you question the very nature and importance of your metahumanity.​

-----------------------------
Final Notes:
-----------------------------
  • Extent of interest: The genres and plot lines listed are not the extent of RPs I am willing to explore. If you have a well-thought out idea for a potential RP, I would be more than happy to hear it.
  • Sampling: I reserve the right, though often choose not to enforce it, prior to jumping into an RP with you, to request a sample of your writing style. Honestly, I will have done my own research on you, aspiring RP-mate. But if there is something in particular that you want to show me as a good example of your writing quality, I'll happily read it and thank you for your consideration.
  • M/M: While M/M style roleplays occasionally grab my interest, this is well outside the norm for me. Unless you can really sell me on a plot of your devising, do not be surprised or insulted if I will not take part in an M/M. I just can't play it well, nor get in the right headspace for it. Sorry.
  • Character photos: for me, they are not a prerequisite. I know a lot of people here are bonkers for them, but I think trawling the internet for a picture of someone/something you aim to roleplay is both tedious, and imaginatively corrosive: it robs me of the mental picture which you, the partner, are writing for me. If you absolutely insist, I can look around to see if something fits the physical description I have put forward. Otherwise, I'm not fussed.
That's all for now, folks. Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to see some PMs from you soon!

Lil out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom