Closed Looking for a literate, long-term partner!

Currently reading:
Closed Looking for a literate, long-term partner!

puzzlez

Knight
Local time
Today 1:39 PM
GUYS I JUST SPENT THREE HOURS MAKING A PRETTY THREAD AND THEN MY INTERNET CRASHED, THE TAB REFRESHED, AND IT WAS ALL GONE.

SORRY (not sorry) BUT I AIN'T DOING IT AGAIN.

I'mma just make this super simple for now and maybe I can make it... prettier later (doubt it omg). So I'll just use the recommended format/questions to guide this/make it faster.

Who are you, how long have you been writing and what kind of things do you like to write?
I've been writing for 20 years! RP'ing for about 15. I write a lot. I think in the past 10 years I've written about 10M words and like before that... lol idk, I was a weird kid who wrote crack. ALSO - I mentioned this in the original, pretty thread, but nearly forgot to add it to this one - I'm flexible with romantic pairings. I've written MxM (70% of my RP history), MxF (20% of my RP history) and FxF (10% of my RP history). I've never done a trans pairing, now that I think about it. But also, like... it's not like trans are aliens that I can't figure it out with a little guidance, if needed.

How long do your replies tend to be and what is your writing schedule like?
I can only promise one reply per week minimum. It really depends on my work schedule and what's going on in the RP. My opening post is definitely longest by a mile (1000-2000 words usually) to play around with getting used to the setting and introducing the character. Beyond that, my replies are more along the 300-500 range minimum, fluctuating to what's going on (dialogue/fast paced action are purposefully shorter replies to allow your character a chance to participate/etc and since they are shorter, I can usually pump out 2-3/week)

What is your tolerance level for gore? Violence?
I really have no limits on this. Furreal. Your limits are my limits, just lmk thanks. Depending on the story, we can go hard on gore/violence -- my only "limit" is that I steer away towards "unecessary" violence/gore. Like, writing characters who massacre and torture just for the funsies all the time. You might wanna ring someone else's doorbell for that one. But if it's part of the story/plot, you can count me in.

Do you write sexual content? If so, what are your kinks? Limits?
Fun fact: i'm asexual (sex positive, low sex drive)! So I can go with or without sexual content. If you prefer fade to black, just let me know. Works for me! Otherwise, my only real limits are:
*no urophilia
*no scat
*no vore
*any bdsm will be discussed between the characters before hand to safely establish safe words/limits/etc
*anything considered sexually "extreme" (roleplaying, furries, polygamy) should be discussed between characters before hand to establish comfort zones (since my characters vary)

Do you write any fandoms? (Please bear in mind that any characters under 18 and any high school settings must be aged up)
Not reaaalllyyyyy. I prefer my fandoms to stay in rarely-written solo fanfiction. I really don't like RP'ing fandom anything.

Do you have any pairing or setting ideas?/Do you have any detailed plots prepared?
Nothing super detailed! I guess I have some basic ideas but if you have any planned out plots of your own and think we mesh, feel free to post/message me to discuss!
The ones below are just what are rattling around in my head rn with autumn/Halloween upon us, but I'm really not super picky!

Anyway, some vaguer themes/ideas I have (MC = my character; YC = your character; no specification = no preference on my part, feel free to tell me if you prefer one over the other):

I am the One You See in the Portraits in the Hall
MC lives in a creaky, aged home because it's cheap for college. As the days progress, MC starts to have some suspicions about having some kind of supernatural housemate. MC will turn on Netflix to watch a brain-melting drama while doing homework only to find the TV flicks off/to a free news station when MC isn't looking... after several weeks/months MC finds out that YC is also living in the aged home... and YC wants MC out. YC is a noble who was the original owner of the home back in the 1800s and does not appreciate "trash" living in their esteemed estate --and is ready to do whatever is necessary to get MC out of the home. This is a story that can stay strictly horror or can veer "slice of life" or even romance as MC tries to forcefully teach YC the perks/wonders of binging TV shows + bonding over the "magic" of other 21st century gadgets/philosophies (racial/gender equality, etc). [tbh i'd be fine switching character roles so I play the ghost and you play the college tenant if you prefer]
In the Dark, Dark Wood
More generic horror/mystery, though we can get creative to sew some romance in if you prefer. Our characters go on a trip, maybe for work (whether it be a business bonding trip or, like, a photography crew getting "mood" pics/footage to sell) or maybe for pleasure (thrill seekers looking for a jump scare). What starts out as innocent fun quickly turns into potential legal repurcussions as someone goes missing/is discovered dead. Is this just someone trying to take advantage of the remote location for murder, or are the legends true and the wood haunted by [insert ghost/monsters of choice]? (PS: i'm up for either option -- i love horror whether it be thriller, psych, or traditional horror!)
Here There be Dragons
Dragons are fun! I'm up for a light/medium fantasy story centered around dragons! No specific thoughts/ideas, but maybe royalty are gifted with a dragon at their coming of age, and dragons choose their ... parter?/rider? Maybe a commoner is off doing his/her normal business and one day a dragon just pops up to bond with them, which leaves a lot of unanswered questions -- is the peasant a bastard child of a royal? Or is the myth "only royals can bond with dragons" a myth to control power? Tooons of plot/story possibilities here!
Something Wicked
Anyone up for a witch/witch hunter, demon/demon hunter vampire/vampire hunter, monster/monster hunter? I'd prefer modern setting but I'm willing to hear ideas for historically based settings.

Do you have any characters you want to write? (Our character forum is here if you want a dedicated thread)
I have, like.... 2,000 characters. Srsly. If i don't have one that fits the story, I'm not afraid to make one. If you're craving smth specific, just let me know and we can discuss based on the story/setting. (Bad girl/boy, emo/moody, edgelord/lady, etc) Otherwise, I gravitate towards smart, sassy, and sarcastic with some random quirks and character flaws.

Anyway, hit me up if you wanna talk plot! I'm hoping for 1-2 experienced lit partners. =]

Last edited:
Hello! Just wanted to put my interest here but it's 1:30 am my time, so I'm too tired to think clearly.
BUT. I'm also ace. And have a million characters. I'd love to workshop sometime!

Back
Top Bottom