All Looking for fantasy and/or gothic horror roleplay!

Currently reading:
All Looking for fantasy and/or gothic horror roleplay!

FaeFoolery

Most Sinister Miscreant Around
Local time
Today 12:30 PM
Pronouns
she/her
Character Preferences

When it comes to characters, I have no issue with playing multiple characters at once! The primary character I play will usually be a woman, but in fantasy settings especially I have no issue with my character being a man depending on the plot. I have no preference when it comes to what the other person plays when it comes to gender; if the roleplay happens to include romance I'm cool with all sorts of pairings. My strongest preference would be that I prefer the characters involved have a dynamic where they have chemistry but also a lot of room for conflict with one another.

I've been really wanting to play a vampire lately. Otherwise I typically enjoy playing a manipulative rogue who isn't aware of his own soft spot, a ruthless assassin who yearns to put an end to oppressive forces, a witch with little understanding of her own magic, a sardonic mercenary or monster hunter, or a socially unaware woman who was raised by sirens.

Roleplay Experience and Preferences

I've been writing for years and roleplaying since I was roughly twelve. I'm a huge fan of dark fantasy as well as gothic horror, to the point where I've published multiple books along such lines. My writing tends to be very character focused, and I love to write in stories that involve betrayal or distrust between the characters.
When I write dark fantasy I usually like to play a cast of characters with one or two that I focus on, and I fully encourage the person I roleplay with to do the same but I in no way require it. I will often play morally grey or manipulative characters in such a setting.
In gothic horror I like to play a person struggling with their inner monster, typically a vampire, someone who has been cursed, or even just a person who's misguided.

In terms of the length of my replies I usually try to match whatever the other person is doing, but naturally I gravitate toward writing 3-5 paragraphs or more. I typically respond within a couple days, but sometimes when I have spare time I'll reply several times in one day. I'm admittedly not the most consistent about such.

When it comes to gore and violence I don't really have much of a limit in writing. I have no issue with characters reaching a grisly demise. I tend to write stories a little more on the violent side but I wouldn't consider it integral to my style.

I don't typically roleplay outright smut, and prefer fade-to-black unless for some reason it would support the plot to not do so.

I prefer characters and settings to be entirely original as I get scared of failing to stay true to the source material, though I don't mind settings of classical stories as long as they have a twist (like something based on Dracula or King Arthur or something.)

Plots and Setting

I do have a dark fantasy setting which has been very fleshed out over the past few years which works for almost any genre from adventure to romance to horror, and I will enthusiastically provide details should one be interested. It's a fairly typical fantasy setting with elves, magic, so forth, but most things have some kind of malevolent twist to them.
In addition, I'm more than happy to do a roleplay in essentially any other medieval or industrial age setting as long as it's original, and I'm also more than happy to work together to make a setting for a roleplay.

In terms of plots I have the following presets:
  1. A fantasy adventure plot which I have historically used in a lot of roleplays in which the characters try to unravel the machinations of a thief, a rebel group, and a prince.
  2. I'm also a huge fan of doing a traditional gothic horror plot where the character(s) are in a remote location such as a castle or a small town and there's something stalking them, especially if there's a twist where whatever monster is present turns out to be either well-meaning or having some inner struggle against its flaws.
  3. I also would be interested to do a royal roleplay where one or more characters are plotting against each other.
  4. Another plot that interests me would be a post-apocalyptic fantasy where the fantasy world has been destroyed by its own elements and the characters are surviving in its remains.
I'm quite open to essentially any plot ideas that are pitched to me as long as they fall under the fantasy or gothic categories, though! I'm also willing to consider other genres but it's difficult to catch my attention with them.

Thanks for taking your time to read through this!

Back
Top Bottom