Closed Looking for Writing Partner - Fantasy or Slice-of-Life Preferred!

Currently reading:
Closed Looking for Writing Partner - Fantasy or Slice-of-Life Preferred!

Annix

Knight
Local time
Today 7:47 PM
Who are you, how long have you been writing and what kind of things do you like to write?

I'm Annix [29, F]. I've been writing away at my own private projects for over a decade. Collaborative writing is new to me, but I'll give my very best. Happy to grow with you! I'd love to write fantasy, slice-of-life, or non-space sci-fi with someone.

How long do your replies tend to be and what is your writing schedule like?

I'll aim to match the length of my writing partner, and you can take all the time you need to reply. I expect I'll respond within a few days, or a week at most, depending on the length of the post. That's my conservative estimate, anyway. I will want time to thoughtfully consider your words and craft a proper, quality response. I don't want us to feel rushed. If I'm able to reply sooner, I will.

I'm all for communication and will never just ghost. If something's not working, if you need some significant time afk, let me know. I'll understand!

What is your tolerance level for gore? Violence?

Violence, especially combat, is fine and familiar territory. Occasional gore is fine if done tastefully and fitting with the storyline. It's not something I would write in without prompting unless it was important to the story progression.

Do you have any pairing or setting ideas?

I have some general ideas in the section below but I'm not married to them. I'm happy to bounce off your ideas in pm and do a little planning with you if you want to come up with a setting and premise together.

I love developing the bond between characters in my stories, so this is one focus I'd have going in alongside the main story. Allow me gently warm the frozen wasteland of your heart.

Do you have any detailed plots prepared?

Open to your visions, but if you don't have any ideas here are a few I've been bouncing around my head if you want me to start things.

Slice-of-Life

The Wealth I Inherited
A struggling college dropout receives a windfall when they receive a letter from a law firm; their biological grandfather has passed away, and they are heir. Having grown up in the broken home of their adoptive parents, the protagonist feels they've stumbled upon a winning lottery ticket. There are, however, a few caveats. She/he must travel to the rural town where their grandparents lived to partake in the reading of the will, and the reading reveals several pertinent details: first, that she/he is to inherit extensive lands and the family home in addition to a sizeable fortune; second, that in order to inherit, they must reside in and run the family estate for a full year; third, the executor of the will must be satisfied by the conduct and management of the beneficiary during this year; and lastly, unexpectedly, one other potential heir turns up to the reading - a twin sibling they never knew existed, who couldn't be further from everything they are.

(This one is obviously a no-romance plot, but that doesn't mean it can't be fulfilling and heart-warming! Who doesn't love a good slow-burn bromance?)

I'm also interested in alternatively exploring the pairing of a sole heir and the disapproving, taciturn executor, who is a friend of the family or estate butler.

The setting could be modern or historical; a grand Victorian estate at the edge of a cobblestone village, or a run-down farmstead in a rural community; real-world, or a world of our own making.

Behind the Keys
A slice-of-life about two fictional writers in an online writing community. Think of it as writing a story within writing a story! With the overarching story centered around the real-life experiences, inspirations and lives of the two fictional writers as they grow their story together. As the lives of the characters begin to bleed into the story they tell, they begin to understand more about each other and slowly gain the outside perspectives they need to confront their own demons in the real world.

Fantasy

Fairytale with a Twist
Exactly as it sounds. Care to twist a fairytale? Seems to be a common approach around here.

An Unexpected Alliance
A story about an unexpected alliance between characters from two rival factions as they fight against conspiracy, terrible injustice or a great evil. I love it when unlikely or begrudging partnerships evolve over time into something deep. I love the juxtaposition of characters. Build this idea up with me. Let's make it ours!

Sci-Fi
No ideas currently, but I'm into the Black Mirror/1984 technology-gone-wrong kind of sci-fi so those settings are good with me.

Do you have any characters you want to write?

I happily write male or female characters. I will thoughtfully adapt to our vision and your desired character.

Any additional notes you want to add?

Female writing partner is preferred for one-on-one stories, as I'm married and simply feel most comfortable keeping this sort ongoing partnership as something "with the girls". Your character does not have to be female.

Slowly developing a deep relationship between the characters is encouraged, and as someone else put well, I'm open to hinting at potential ships/affections if it's in fitting with the characters and storyline. Subtle touches dig the deepest. Otherwise, looking to keep overt romance out of the story. I've often felt that the most impactful stories are the ones where the characters never kiss.

I write third person, past tense.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hi Annie!

I'd love to try some collaborative writing with you. You sound very inspired and that really inspires me.

I have really been wanting to get better at writing fantasy and also love the unexpected alliance approach. I think it can really blossom into some really good writing when it is done well. I'd love to chat some more about the possibilities some more if you are open!

Back
Top Bottom