Unspecified Looking for writing partner(s) - multi-genre and open to suggestions!

Currently reading:
Unspecified Looking for writing partner(s) - multi-genre and open to suggestions!

kordge.mcguffin

𝕵𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑
Local time
Today 7:43 AM
Pronouns
she/her
Hello everyone! You can call me Kordge or Kordgie. I've been having some trouble finding writing partners -- I would love to chat to get to know people/hear about any and all writing suggestions. I'm a writer based in Appalachia, currently pursuing my Master's degree in Literary Studies. I used to write on rp forums all the time as a kid (even though I probably shouldn't have been), so I joined the Sanctum to get back into the hobby. I also have found that I really don't write a lot for myself nowadays, so this is my way of trying to do that more bit by bit!

In terms of roleplay preferences: I typically play female characters, but not exclusively. I'm not big on smut, but I do love a slow burn romance and would consider myself more of a plot-driven writer. I'm ok with most violence/gore (barring any violence relating to SA, trying to avoid that at all costs). I prefer sufficient grammar and spelling, but it doesn't have to be impeccable. I also tend to be a multi-para writer, but I'm also not picky about this. My life can get hectic, so I don't have a super consistent posting schedule, but I post substantially at least twice a week (I do not do every day). For narration, I do first and third person, but I prefer first person.
◦ ◦ ◦​
I mostly write original content/characters, but I am not opposed to writing within fandoms. Here are some fandom ideas I would be interested in engaging with:
❥ The Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld (Alek and Deryn aged up to their early 20s and working for the Zoological Society)
❥ The Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull (Kendra and Seth would also be aged up to their early 20s, but I would be most interested in doing a Knights of the Dawn rp with Warren, Vanessa, Tanu, etc)
❥ The Marauders from Harry Potter (Lily Evans, my Ginger Queen in all her 1970s glory)
❥ It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (gender-bent Charlie Kelly)
❥ Bob's Burgers (the kids aged up, exploring their lives as adults)
❥ Futurama (been a Fry x Leela main since like second grade lol)
◦ ◦ ◦​
For original content/settings, I have a few OCs (also in my signature) that are within the same universe. When it comes to these characters, I am most interested in doing something with fantasy paleontology, specifically the evolution of dragons. I would love to be able to use these characters in a plot, but I am also not married to the idea. We can create characters together as well. Some plots I'm thinking along these lines include:
Enemies/rivals to friends to lovers while working in the archives of a library/museum - FxF romance plot inter-spliced with detailed archival work on dragonology
❥ Paleontology students discovering records of "fake" creatures and slowly coming to the realization that they are not so fake (then perhaps the students realize that they have powers within this fantasy world)
❥ Fantasy creatures stuck in human bodies, trying to research how to change back (perhaps a side character that's mysterious and brooding that the main characters interact with)
❥ Roasting academia
❥ All of the above
◦ ◦ ◦​
Outside of my current OCs, I would love to roleplay anything along the following lines:
❥ A ragtag group of friends living in a Southern mountain town and discovering cryptids in the woods
❥ College kids getting into shenanigans (stoner comedy that actually centers women a la Broad City. Seriously, why are so many stoner comedies so male-centric?)
1920s Italian lesbian mafia wives. Perhaps the wives of two rival families are seeing each other behind the dons' backs?
❥ Any sort of high/low fantasy or sci-fi plot - open to most all suggestions!
◦ ◦ ◦​
I'm definitely a planner when it comes to plots, so I would like to have some sort of a framework before starting to write, but that being said, not every detail has to be planned. I like to have a direction, but maybe not know exactly how we'll get there. If any of this sounds interesting, please pm or comment below! Would love to get the conversation started. 💜

Back
Top Bottom