Orphaned MxF Male lead needed for Princess x Body Guard pairing

Currently reading:
Orphaned MxF Male lead needed for Princess x Body Guard pairing

A. Shadow Dweller

Daydreamer
Local time
Today 4:36 PM
This is an rp from way back in the summer, but unfortunately it didn't get past the first few opening posts. It was enough for me to day dream up a more extensive plot, but I have not been able to take it further with an active partner yet. Below I have the general synopsis for the plot as well as my opening post for the rp. Ideally, I would like to start the plot over with someone so my partner can ease into the plot and get their bearings, rather than diving head long into a character that has already been semi-developed by someone else!

Synopsis
the kingdom of Leora has been at war with an invading army that seeks to takeover the small but prosperous realm. With the king drawn away to lead his own armies on the frontlines, he has left his heir, Dahlia, to handle the day to day back in the capital to make sure that the rest of the country doesn't fall apart without his leadership. Effectively becoming a ruler at the age of 15 isn't exactly small feat, but Alaric was confident that he had prepared his daughter for the role. For the most part, he was right. With the help of her uncle and a close circle of advisors, she has avoided any large missteps that would plunge the kingdom into chaos.

No one expected the fighting to go on for five years, however. The tide of the war ebbed and flowed without ever coming to a permanent end. The Leoran forces are tired, its people are tired. Dahlia herself is tired, but has begun the arduous task of reaching out to potential allies who could help them make the final push to victory. Forming alliances as a woman in a largely male dominated world isn't easy, though, with many foreign bodies only interested in sending aid if they receive the crown princess's hand in marriage in return.

What with dodging marriage proposals and growing more and more frustrated as she strives to be taken seriously, it would come as no surprise that Dahlia was too distracted to notice an assassin targeting her. After narrowly escaping an attempt on her life, the princess now must add on the task of finding out who is trying to kill her, what their motives are, who can be trusted... and have her daily life overshadowed by the cocky, overbearing body guard the king has assigned to keep his headstrong daughter safe.

Opening Post
"I don't need a bodyguard."

"Then why are you spreading some story that you got that cut on your head from a tree branch and not an arrow?"

It was an argument that had been talked round and round in circles from the moment her uncle had stepped into the room, and Dahlia resented him for it just a little bit. He knew she would be able to do nothing but sit still for the physician who was carefully plucking the stitches from the side of her face, forcing her to listen to him. As if she wasn't in enough discomfort from the poking and prodding, now Stefan was giving her a headache as well.

"Because I don't want people to needlessly worry over the fact that my horse was shot while I was out picking flowers," Dahlia retorted, unable to keep from wincing when the healer pulled particularly hard on a stubborn thread, which inevitably made it hurt more. Not wanting to make the man with the tweezers any more nervous than he already was, Dahlia turned her dark glare onto her uncle as he paced the sitting room, watching his exasperation rise with each step. She had no doubt she had seen his eyes rolling at her argument.

"They weren't shooting at your horse, Dahlia, they were aiming for you!"

"Well if they were, they're a lousy shot," Dahlia grumbled in a very unregal manner. "They barely got me."

If her uncle didn't possess more decorum, he might have thrown his hands up in the air. "Barely getting you is too bloody close!"

His exclamation rang out and hung over the otherwise silent room as the princess regarded her uncle. It was a small miracle the physician hadn't flinched. She knew he was right, she knew she was being difficult, but she also knew she had valid reasons to keep more eyes off of her. The last thing she needed was some guard following her around and drawing more attention.

As if sensing that his niece might be coming around, Stefan jumped on the opportunity. "I sent word to the king and he has commanded that a guard be assigned to you," Stefan announced.

Aurelia's eyes widened. "You what?"

"He had a right to know," Stefan replied, head high in confidence, arms crossed over his chest defensively as he finally came to stand still before her.

"He has more important things to be concerned about right now than--"

"An assassination attempt on the heir to the throne? If that is your judgement on this, then clearly you have no place deciding what the king should be concerned about," Stefan said sharply, meeting the young woman's fiery gaze without wavering. "A mercenary of some repute has already been brought under contract to act as your personal security detail until whatever threat there is passes."

Until whatever threat there is passes? That could take forever! Despite the physician's timid request, Dahlia was bracing her hands on the armrests of her chair, ready to push herself from her seat and go head to head with her uncle. "Stefan, you can't just--"

"Trace, would you come in here please?" Stefan called over her, head angled toward the door, gaze still pinned on the princess.

"He's here?"

Ahh, if only the character i had in mind was a sweet himbo! If you'd like to hear more details, tho, feel free to pm me!

I could get into this, what other requirements would you appreciate in me bringing to the table, because I approve of fantasy themes, if you're into that perhaps something can be arranged. Feel free to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom