MxF Medieval/Ancient Dark Fantasy Request Thread (specific plot)

Currently reading:
MxF Medieval/Ancient Dark Fantasy Request Thread (specific plot)

Fragility

Serf
Local time
Today 10:09 AM
Pronouns
he/him
Heyo! I'm Fragility and I'm looking for a special someone to delve into a plot I've been working on for a bit. I'm currently only recruiting for this specific plot, but if you bring me some amazing idea I might also be interested.

Writing length and schedule
I try to reply once every 1-2 days, maximum 1 week unless I'm feeling overwhelmed/busy irl or whatever. I'm a transparent communicator so I'll let my partners know. My length is variable, between 200-2000 words. I'm not strict on length, but I'd ask my partners to be regularly able to produce 3 paragraphs per post. I enjoy shorter posts especially when it comes to dialogue, and I like having a healthy amount of back and forth.

Writing style and themes
My stories will always involve dark themes, including descriptions of gore, abuse, violence, betrayal, and more. I'd prefer my partner to also be interested in these themes. As for my style, it tends to be introspective and straightforward, I'd say I have a more poetic writing style than descriptive and detailed, but it varies a lot by what I'm trying to convey.

Romance and smut
I love romance, give me tender and intense moments, give me the slowest burn you can imagine - angst, all of it. As for smut, it's not a priority in the grand scheme of things. I'd rather not discuss kinks or anything of that sort, instead allowing our characters to just discover themselves as the story progresses and for their intimate moments to happen when they happen, and perhaps fade to black when they're less relevant.

The Plot
The realm of Thalassia is a landscape filled with strife and ambition, noble houses rise and fall, clinging to their fleeting power and falling in their futile attempts at grabbing for more. In these challenging lands exists a noble house by the name of Amroth. The lands of House Amroth are small, but fertile and rich - and underneath the land lies the mightiest magical leylines in all of Thalassia. They leyline imparts incredible arcane properties to much of the land, imbuing the fauna and flora both. This fact enrichens House Amroth incredibly, and the wood that grows upon their land, as well as the minerals from their mines are highly coveted in the creation of weapons, armour, and architecture. However, this also makes their lands coveted by the rivalling houses.
The blessing of House Amroth does not come without a cost. Bound to the leyline since birth, (Character A) Aranthir Amroth was born moments before his twin sister, Talia Amroth. As is the tradition of House Amroth, the firstborn is bound to the leyline, fuelling it and keeping it strong with their lifeforce. Aranthir's vitality is inexorably drained, his once strong heart now weakened and fragile. His twin sister stands as his stalwart companion and greatest ally, acting as his strength when he is faced with his fragility. As the future lord of House Amroth, Aranthir is often judged a weak ruler due to his condition, many of his vassals preferring that his sister should be lord.
As the shadows of war loom ever closer, encroaching upon the house of Amroth, they must forge alliances to strengthen themselves against their many enemies. (Character B) is from one of the great houses, arranged to marry Aranthir and bind their houses, but do the benefits of such an arrangement truly outweigh the terrifying risks of their many enemies? As well as marrying a percievably weak ruler? The Amroth's must make certain that the marriage is successful, lest they be overwhelmed.

The Plot(continued)
The plot is heavily inspired by Dune and Game of Thrones, with the war between noble houses as well as the Spice from Dune kind of acting as a similarly powerful substance as the properties of the magical leyline.
If you are interested in playing a different character in the story, then I am totally interested in that as well! We could even have the arranged marriage fail and watch the chaos unfold. I am also open to you playing his sister as a fully platonic pairing, could be fun. I'm open to any adjustment and changes.

Please send me a PM if you're interested!​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom