Currently reading:
All Moriko Academy

OriHimegami

Knight
Local time
Today 11:12 AM
Pronouns
She/Her
Moriko Academy is a fantasy college rp. At first glance it seems like any ordinary college but you have to look beneath the veil it has to see what its about as it has mysterious abound inside.

Rules
1. Almost anything goes in the rp, but this will be more story driven than smut driven.
2. Only four to five people allowed. I cannot deal with seven to ten people. Sorry.
3. I don't expect people to reply constantly but at least...once a day or more if that is your preference. If you can't do once a day, every two days up to five days. If you need to take a bit of a hiatus, LET ME KNOW via pm.
4. Posting length...Minimum is at least a paragraph.
5. Creatures wise...No deities allowed or anything that would seem able to bend the world to its will.
5e9e56955ff62168836a71a2.png

Moriko Academy awaits.

For those lore hungry junkies out there...Moriko Academy is set in modern age but supernaturals must live among humans and never reveal themselves else they are marked for one reason or another. History is skewed. Because of the council of High Mages, supernatural history has been rewritten to make certain that any supernatural that is seen as both a villain and hero is only seen as one or the other. Any written instances of history that has been untampered with is within Moriko Academy and under lock and key from viewing eye by the headmaster. Since the council had tried to worm their own version of history into his academy and succeeded with their 'promise', the headmaster will not allow any students that wish to know the unwritten version of history until the council representative is gone, permanently.

Last edited:
Definitely interested, any specifics on character creation such as races that are allowed, age ranges, and will classes be a thing that need to be implemented? Sorry if I'm asking weird questions, I just want to make a thorough character.

Hm....For races, just as long as you don't make an op character. I do have a template people can make characters from, one from google docs and a more compact and less thought intensive template. And as for questions, they aren't weird. Your just wanting info and I can gladly give it. For age ranges, varies. For creatures that live for centuries, 400-1000 years old is perfect. As for classes, I'll see what I can do. As this was going to be on discord but it sort of flopped there so moving it here to see if it does better.

Alright, I'd like to see the template to start creating a character, would you like me to send you a rough draft of the character first before posting it? It might take a bit but I'll try not to go too overboard like some of my others haha

Okay so here is my character, just figured I'd put the whole thing in a spoiler just so it didn't take up so much room or become distracting. Really looking forward to learning more lore as we continue!
Appearance:
LQravN9ebTWrUyu9jGq1ocV6b_2i47uklDMpPbzdvHGQYwW763QZqgLYUQiAvnNf9J3-Km1soffKlTd3XojPjVWdKnXS_lftLCoO8htiVbICtT_sQuSPgpd8D98GJLFA_Phx32hnKYsgGZO3p9ekVHeeVC-kdJLMzETVqzk4KcFPb67nQWHqEgpT

►βasic ɨnformation:
Full Name: Vasilisa Scriabin​
Pronunciation: Vaes-ee-lihs-ah Skree-a-bn​
Nickname(s)/Alias(es): Vae​
Species/Breed: Drakaina / Human​
Sexual Orientation: Straight​
Relationship Status: Single​
Any Important Family: She has a Mother who suggested she come here, her Father is alive but out of the picture.​
Aura Color (optional): Lavender​

•PERSONALITY•
Personality: Vae is very soft spoken, choosing to think carefully about what she is going to say although she is easily flustered if not given proper time to think. Normally she tends to spend time alone reading but mainly because she doesn't really know how to interact with others although she hopes to at least make one friend while here.​
Likes: Reading romance novels, animals, her familiar Senka, she absolutely loves cheesecake, deep pressure (although she doesn't know this yet), flying, being up high (on tall surfaces or trees).​
Dislikes: Eating plants that aren't cooked, her parents, small spaces, having her feathers/wings pulled.​
Fears: Being trapped in a small space where she can't open her wings, cold and damp places like caves.​
Strengths: Flying, using a bident​
Flaws: Doesn't really know how to interact in society so sticks out like a sore thumb, can get overwhelmed to the point of panicking.​
•PHYSICAL and HEALTH INFO•
Height: 5'8" before her horns, normally has to bend to get through doorways​
Weight: 150lbs​
Body Type: A thin but soft body, slightly hourglass shaped and not overly muscular​
Additional: Black hair that touches the bottom of her shoulder blades and dark brown eyes. Vae is primarily carnivorous but can handle other foods in small doses due to her father's genetics.​
Jewelry: A gold diadem, choker, and belt.​
Piercings/Tattoos: None​
Scars/Distinguishing Marks: None​

•COMBAT•
Abilities:​
  • Flight
  • Conjure Fire - Fire appears from her hands similar to a flamethrower but on a larger scale. She can tone it down to come through her fingers but it takes more concentration since it is quite unpredictable. Powerful but wild, can only be used for short amounts of time because it uses a lot of energy.
  • Shadow Familiar - Can summon her familiar (a snake named Senka) from the shadows to do her bidding. It can do everything that a snake can do as well as traverse through shadows and let Vae see through it's eyes for a short period of time.
  • Proficient with the bident and other spear/staff like weapons.
Weaknesses: Long distance weapons tend to be harder for her to combat since she can be sniped from the sky if she isn't careful. Could fall for kind words easily since she is unfamiliar with people hiding their intentions.​
Backstory:​
Vae was born as a love child between her mother, a Drakaina, and her human father. Her father abandoned them before Vae had even been born, returning to his other family, so when Vae was born her mother treated her with disdain. Her mother viewed her as a mistake and only gave her the bare minimum for the first ten years of her life. When she turned 11 her mother fell into such a horrible place mentally that she locked Vae away in small cave as she slept before leaving to go live her life how she pleased, thinking that without Vae in the way she would finally find happiness again.​
When Vae awoke in the cave she couldn't see a thing or move her wings freely. At first she thought this was just another one of her mother's punishments so she sat to wait for her. As day became night Vae began to question if her mother would actually come back, her stomach began to growl since she hadn't eaten anything since the night before. The temperature dropped dramatically as the night continued on and Vae tried to keep warm by wrapping her small wings around her even though doing so made them rub against the cave walls, pulling out some of her feathers. She began to cry, trying to think what she had done to be in trouble, but she couldn't for the life of her remember what she had done to deserve this. Slowly time began to lose meaning as she couldn't see anything from the cave, she tried to force the large boulder out from in front of her to no avail, panicking as she began to lose her sense of self. The only thing keeping her alive was the slight bit of water dripping from a stalactite, her stomach felt like it was stabbing itself from the hunger.​
Her mother began to live her life like she had before, alone in her temple in a seaside cliff. The silence without Vae was strange but she pushed it aside, she was free to do as she pleased and no longer had to care for that filth's child. As the days passed she began to feel bored, what had she done before Vae? The silence was becoming maddening. She wandered into Vae's room, if you could even call the small closet-like space a room, and looked around until she stopped on a stack of drawings that Vae had hidden under her pillow. The first was a crudely drawn picture of Vae in her room curled up with the words, "Why does mommy hate me? What did I do wrong?" through the middle, followed by many pictures like it before coming to the bottom picture. It was portrait of her with the words "My mommy is so beautiful, I hope I grow up to be as beautiful as her when I grow up!" across the bottom. Tears began to fall from her eyes, what had she done? What has she been doing? Vae hadn't done anything wrong, she didn't deserve this because of her feelings towards that man.​
She stormed out towards the small cave she had left Vae to die in, hoping it wasn't too late. She pushed the boulder out of the way to see little Vae laying on the floor of the cave, shivering and covered in her own filth and blood. She could tell that she had desperately been trying to get out from her bloodied fingers and mangled feathers. Quickly picking her up she brought her back to the temple and began to clean her up and slowly feed her some prechewed fish so she could regain her strength. She lit a fire, using the drawings of her questioning her worth as kindling but kept the last one close by, hoping things weren't completely ruined.​
As time passed Vae recovered physically but her mental state was another issue entirely. No matter what her mother did to try and fix her wrongdoings Vae couldn't get the memory of the cave out of her mind. She never viewed her Mother the same after that, she couldn't trust her. When she suggested coming to Moriko Academy she only accepted to get away from her, hoping those horrible memories would disappear with her.​

Last edited:
Alright, here is my werewolf guy.

Full Name: Drake Lanthorn
Species/Breed: Human Werewolf
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Relationship Status: Single
Any Important Family: Drake's father and mother are still alive and well, and he has a younger sister. Unfortunately, they do not know where Drake is and believe he is missing.

•PERSONALITY•
Personality:
Relaxed and upbeat. He tries hard to keep a positive outlook on every situation. If something happens to him,
Likes: Camping, the outdoors, Robocop, the moon, exploring new places, exercising, MacGyver, mystery stories
Dislikes: Spicy foods, authority
Fears: Losing control of his lycanthropy, never seeing his family again.
Strengths: His creativity, the ability to quickly adapt to new situations
Flaws: He is completely new to this whole secret supernatural world thing, and is bad at studying

•PHYSICAL and HEALTH INFO•
Height:
6' 2"
Weight: 168 lbs
Body Type: Slightly more muscular than average.
Jewelry: A simple necklace with a wooden cross.
Scars/Distinguishing Marks: He has scars on his left shoulder and forearm from where was mauled and bitten by the werewolf who attacked him.

•COMBAT•
Abilities:
Enhanced strength and speed. Extreme toughness. Enhanced sense of smell and night vision. Once he has enough practice, he will be able to transform into his werewolf form at will, making him much stronger and quicker.
Weaknesses: Silver, magic. If he gets hurt enough, the lycanthropy could take over and drive him mad and wild. He also forcebly transforms every full moon, just like a classic werewolf.

Backstory: Drake was originally born a normal, average human. Like the other humans, he was under the impression that the supernatural was just fiction or mythology. That all changed during his backcountry camping trip. Alone in the mountains, he was attacked by a strange wolf-creature. Somehow, Drake managed to fight the monster off and escape before passing out. When he woke up, he felt... different. Stronger. Faster. The world looked different, felt different. Deciding it would be best to pack up an hike out, he attempted to head back home. Before he could reach his car, however, he was approached by two agents of the FiB (Fey in Black). They informed Drake that he had been bitten by a werewolf, a violent and well known criminal in the supernatural community that was on the run from the law. Drake, of course, thought these two weird cosplayers were completely insane. That was, at least, until they used their magic to bring out his werewolf form for a moment.

The agents then gave Drake two options. One. Go to fairy prison, since they couldn't have an ex-human walking around in the world and risk blowing it for all supernatural creatures everywhere. Or two, work with the FiB to help catch the rogue werewolf. The FiB knew the werewolf would always try to contact their victims they had passed lycanthropy to. So the plan of the FiB was to put Drake in an area they could easily observe if he was going to approached. To knock out two birds in one stone, Drake was entered into Moriko Academy so he could also be introduced to the supernatural side of the world that was previously secret to him.

Outfit: Drake has scruffy brown hair and brown eyes. His outfit is camo long-sleeved button up t-shirt. He keeps it unbuttoned and the sleeves rolled up. Underneath, he wears just a simple red t-shirt. He also wears simple, well-worn jeans and a pair of hiking boots. He always keeps a swiss army knife on him.

Having trouble coming up with a grounded character, for some reason I am only able to come up with overwrought high-concept backgrounds/powers.

Any good guidelines for how simple/complex characters should be? I don't want to bring the wrong energy to things.

Name: Ylva Moria
Sex: Female
Species: Human
Height: 5'5"

Personality:
A cheerful, energetic, and open-minded youth, with an affinity for macabre and morbid imagery despite her bubbly personality.
She is inquisitive and intuitive, and wants to be a necromancer despite being a natural savant at divination. She has not given up becoming a master of necromancy, but at least on some level, has resigned herself to being a major diviner, minor necromancer rather than the other way around.

Abilities:

Bone-Reader: Can translate her expertise in magic between necromancy and divination; the two are effectively equivalent for her in terms of specialization and familiarity. Therefore, any progress she makes in learning one can be leveraged as if it had been for the other.

Death's Dice: Ylva has in her possession a set of enchanted bone-dice, which she can roll to determine the overall boon/bane (or weal/woe) impact of an immediate decision or course of action she has planned or is considering in the immediate future. This ability only works for her, and she cannot use it if she does not have access to her dice. She can, however, learn to use her own magic to cast a similar spell. These dice also lower the amount of magical energy she has to channel towards learning the answers to questions using the means of arcana, while in her possession.

Instant Insight: Even without casting a spell or using her dice, can instantly tell when a great opportunity is being passed up, or a grave danger is being risked

General Spellcasting: Ylva can cast magic spells, as a wizard. What this means depends on the implicit magic system in question, but she is able to use any spell that is made available to her, if she learns it and has the necessary aptitude.

Weaknesses:

Ylva is hyper-specialized in her magic, and casting any spell that is not aligned with divination or necromancy is harder for her than it would be any other magic user, due to her double-affinity for both classes of arcana. She is also not very physically fit, and unsuited for direct combat. She is also curious to a fault, and may go to great lengths to advance her necromantic knowledge even if it is not strictly in her best interests---as long Instant Insight does not warn her to avoid grave danger she wagers in doing so.

Backstory:

Ylva is the daughter of a fortune-teller and a grave-digger, who grew up in an environment where fate and mortality were everyday conversation. Despite not being the least bit somber in her mannerisms or general attitude, she is aesthetically attracted to dark colors and morbid imagery. After discovering her potential as a fledgling wizardess, she decided she wanted to study more formally at university, which her parents were able to get her a scholarship for based on her genius with divination magic.

Other: Ylva casts spells using a highly-cursed but mostly-harmless grimoire she refers to as the Necronomicon, which is bound to its bearer indelibly and records all of the spells they knew at the time of their death , in perpetuity, to be utilized by its future bearers.

Pic or description of appearance: Pale skinned, blue eyes, short black hair, petite, wears dark robes and a black wizard's hat.

This sounds fun, and if you've got room for one more, I'd love to join!

How do you feel about one person having a couple of characters, by the way?

Sorry for the delay in getting these two out, but please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change or have any questions about!

Appearance:
1666291909188.png

Basics:
Full Name: Kirali Faylen Aennai Dúar Aírlir
Pronunciation: Kir-ali Fae-len Eye-nigh Do-are Are-leer
Nickname(s)/Alias(es): Fay
Species/Breed: Faerie- Leannán sídhe, a faerie muse
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Any Important Family: Raised by a community

Personality:
Personality: One might describe Fay as catlike, with her demure-seeming-yet-mischievous nature. In most cases, Fay is easy-going enough, but she won't take any perceived insult lying down. Fay is quite passionate, can be quite brash, and has trouble reigning in her bubbly personality. Despite what one might expect from a faerie, Faylen is not exactly the most subtle sort, and can be surprisingly open about her own feelings and situations. Though she is fairly clever, she is also apt to dive in to a situation without fully thinking it through.
Likes: Artists, berries and honey, pranks/tricks, bonfires
Dislikes: Salt, dishonesty
Fears: Being chained down
Strengths: Determined, tries hard to cheer others up, adaptability
Flaws: Can over focus on a cause to her own detriment, can be awkward around heavy emotions, has trouble setting roots

Physical:
Height: 5'7"; horns add another four inches at their peak
Weight: 134lbs
Body Type: Curvy, though thin
Additional: Not depicted in the photo are a pair of large wings; butterfly like in shape, dragonfly like in material. She can fold them up to take up less space and trail behind her.
Jewelry: Nothing permanent
Piercings/Tattoos: None
Scars/Distinguishing Marks: None

Combat Abilities:
Flying: Fay has wings and can use them to fly. Physical fatigue will negatively impact her height and speed. Strong wind currents at high altitudes will also impede her. She cannot fly far, or for long, but can get out of a tricky situation if need be.
Magic: Faylen has the ability to use some basic elemental magic, as well as some other abilities- minor healing, minor hypnosis, and the ability to cast a glamour on something. None of these abilities are particularly strong.
Enhanced: Despite looking so close to a human, Fay is not one. She has improved stamina, vitality, and senses compared to a human.

Combat Weaknesses:
Iron: Being fey, iron is a powerful ward against Fay. Contact with it will burn her.
Lying: Again, due to being a faerie, Fay cannot knowingly say something untrue. She can strongly imply that things are not true, though.
True Name: Anyone who knows a faerie's full name has complete power over them. As such, Faylen has refused to tell almost anyone any part of her name aside from Faylen.

Backstory:
Fay's childhood was simple, sweet, and blissful. She was loosely raised by as much a community of fey as one might find outside the courts. Where she had come from was just as much a mystery as it was for all other fey children- someone had simply found her one day, as an infant, and took her home to feed her, mind her, and help her not die. As Fay and the other children around her matured, and it was determined more specifically what sort each one was, Fay's elders were rather stumped on what to do with her. It had been some time since they'd had to teach a muse how to manage the human's world; the rest of them, and the sorts that they've raised for decades, had been able to thrive without leaving their own world for long, if at all. So, when she had matured enough, her kin had suggested that she attend Moriko Academy, and off Fay went.

Appearance:
fb702d26305c5f1bccae6e1c55ac7fef.jpg

Basics:
Full Name: Glenn Michael Gressen
Nickname(s)/Alias(es): N/A
Species/Breed: Human, mage
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Any Important Family: N/A

Personality:
Personality: Glenn is fairly reserved, and might come off as aloof or uncaring because of it. Though he is not the most expressive, he is really just quiet. Glenn is also something of a people pleaser, often striving to solve others' problems or prevent them in the first place, and just generally be helpful. When one can get past his initial coolness, they'll find that Glenn is a rather joyful person, quick with a smile, and sometimes even a joke. Glenn is also the analytical sort, sometimes even obsessively so.
Dislikes: Crowds, cities
Fears: Being powerless to help
Strengths: Analytical, helpful, diligent
Flaws: Subject to choice paralysis, puts others above himself, prone to overworking himself

Physical:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 142lbs
Body Type: Lean
Additional: None
Jewelry: None
Piercings/Tattoos: None
Scars/Distinguishing Marks: None

Combat Abilities:
Jack Of All Trades: Glenn has not found his specialty yet, and as such none of his spells are weaker or stronger than others in his arsenal.
Enchanted Bow: Glenn has a bow that he has enchanted to use magic to draw. If he focuses on using it, he can also have the arrow hone in on a target. When especially weak, he must manually aim it, or not use it at all.
Wise Beyond His Years: Despite his young age, Glenn has been blessed with the wisdom of centuries.

Combat Weaknesses:
Master Of None: Because Glenn has not found his specialty yet, none of his spells are especially strong.
Physicality: Being a mage, Glenn has focused on honing himself mentally, but has ignored physical training. In a contest of strength, he would be easily bested.
Humanity: Since he is only human, Glenn is fragile, especially compared to his supernatural peers.

Backstory:
Though human, Glenn spent his childhood in a mage's commune. He had been adopted as an infant in order to introduce new blood to the community, and raised rather collectively by everyone. Most of the mages left something to be desired when it came to parental affection, but one women and a couple of the men took a particular shining to Glenn. Though the had sent him to normal, non-magical public schools for his base education, they supplemented it with their own magical teachings after hours. Shortly after Glenn had finished his public education, mere weeks before he was to be officially apprenticed to one of the mages of the commune, their group was attacked. Glenn isn't sure of the details- who attacked them, why, how, or even whether or not anyone else survived, or what happened to anyone else who may have survived- but he was able to get away. It wasn't infrequent for mages to come and go, and Glenn simply acts as though he had opted to leave in order to attend Moriko Academy, instead of it being a move of desperation and not knowing where else to go or what else to do.

I spy four people aside from yourself involved @OriHimegami. Want another?

Back
Top Bottom