Most Stressful Part

Currently reading:
Most Stressful Part

witches&stardust

Hoarder of Dreams
Local time
Today 3:21 PM
Hello! Welcome to the thread where I tell you all about my picky preferences and some about myself as a human being. To toss it all under the same umbrella, I have an indefinite love for the English language, love random bits of improv, drama, and romance (fiction & most subgenres, and fantasy tend to be my happiest place), and don't much care for cotton candy or open cupboard doors.

I'm kind of picky about writing partners, enjoy a good plot collaboration should there be a need for it, and loooove a set of awesome communication skills.

To follow: "what should this thread post look like"

Length:
Over the years I have spent writing stories with people, I have found I tend to average 3-5 paragraphs, usually on the meatier side of paragraphs, unless otherwise inspired (or uninspired, should the situation arise). It is easy for me to mirror your effort, interest, and desire to write something extraordinary so if you start to send me less and less, you will most likely receive less and less. If I have enjoyed writing with you, I will likely question your level of interest and dig to see if something needs to change.

One-liners are a no go for me unless we've decided to toss in a mini-challenge of sorts and want a minimum line length or something of the sort.

A single paragraph, if full of well-built and captivating sentences, is a fine deal, indeed!

Inspired, novel length roleplays are also wonderful, but I limit those to one or two at a time so that quality stays in the balance.

Story vs Smut:
I like a good, heated smut but I prefer the story to be the main focus. Captivate my imagination and thought process with yours.

Limits:
The limits I have with writing are still being discovered.

Things I will not write:
-Anything against site policy.
-Vat, gore, piss related sexual bits.

Things I'm not interested in writing excessively:
-Horror, psychological trauma, or "real-life" pieces.
-An abusive relationship between romantic partners.

Now, that being said, let's chat about it. If our writing styles are compatible and I enjoy working with you (and take that, reverse it), I'm open to discussing ideas. I just have a hard time with things that rip extensively at the heartstrings. I'm also down for consensual-non-consensual encounters between characters; to elaborate, we discussed it OOC before adding it to the story line.

Truly, just ask, I'm comfortable saying if something is a no-go for me.

Tolerance:
Please, please, please have an appreciation for correct grammar and lovely spelling and apply said appreciation to your own writing. As far as response time goes, I don't really care what you throw at me. My own responses range from immediate to a couple weeks apart, with a heads-up when they're going to reach the longer end of things.

Don't control my character(s). Give them a handful of potential options and play those potential options out with your character(s) if there's a need to offer my character(s) a direction to further the story.

Ideas:
I don't have a head full of lovely plot ideas of story lines, unfortunately. :/ BUT! I have enjoyed Fantasy, I love a good story full of magic and fantastical beings, Fiction and most, if not all, of her sub-genres and I've enjoyed medieval settings. I also fancy a solid, Victorian Era rabbit hole. Plots set in a modern world are closer to the bottom of the list of things I enjoy writing, but I'm not opposed. :)

Characters:
I am comfortable playing male and female characters, all orientations, and even comfortable playing out animals as long as it's not in a sexual setting. Characters come and go and I don't have a list to choose from (sorry!) because I usually make them up on a play-by-play basis and I find writing more enjoyable that way!

OOC:
Casual conversation is absolutely welcome!

Happy writing!

Back
Top Bottom