My Scythe Grows Dull

Currently reading:
My Scythe Grows Dull

Blullby

The Feathered Knight
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 2:13 PM
As he ran, his breath formed a small cloud of heat in front of his face before quickly dissipating as he sprinted down the street. As he turned into a stereotypical alley, he found himself cornered with nowhere to go.

"I hate when they run, but at least they always make the dumb move of cornering themselves." I nonchalantly commented as I descended from the rooftop. My black cloak spread through the alley before receding to my sides, just below my feet where I slightly hovered. Approaching the man, I looked him up and down.

Fatty.

Winding up my scythe, I swung. He braced for the metal blade but felt nothing. Looking at his body, he asked what was going on but he never made a peep. "You're dead kiddo. They will rule your death as a heart attack, you are actually a spirit now. Have fun or whatever." Turning around, I hovered away as the man tried to yell out for answers, but as a ghost, it was impossible to speak.

Ask some god about it or whatever as to why ghosts can't talk, I don't care. I've been serving as death for just a few years and I am already bored. "Thanks a lot Amy, way to go and screw things up at the lab and make me into this." At least I got my revenge on her, but there were many more involved, and it was just a matter of time until the bells would toll and tell me where they were. They will pay for making me both immortal, yet dead.

Extending a pale hand, a purple hole formed in the side of a hotel. Stepping up to it, I was greeted with tentacles that still made me uncomfortable as they encompassed my body and dragged me back to my realm where I was considered a regular person. Stepping onto a sidewalk, dozens of hooded figures with scythes hovered dully, also bored with their job. Whistling while I floated, I made my way back to my home. It was no different than the old home I lived in as a living human, aside from the fact that random objects floated sometimes and everything was purple. I wish I could have at least chosen my own color. I think I would've chosen red, but there is no point in pondering it. Setting my scythe on the dining table, a voice greeted me from behind.

"Hello Jack, collect any decent souls today?" Turning around, I already knew who was sitting on my couch. It was Aventus; the biggest douche of all the reapers.

"Take a hike, I have work to do like take out the ectoplasm and sweep the wisps off my driveway." Chuckling he rose and came closer.

"How would you like to become human again, Jack?" Silence.

"Continue..."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom