Policy Update New Theme and Site Changes!!!

Currently reading:
Policy Update New Theme and Site Changes!!!

JamesMartin

Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
♔ Champion ♔
Local time
Today 5:57 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Afternoon Sanctum Dwellers!!!

We have had (and survived) a very busy update week and now that the chaos has subsided, we have a few things to announce!!!

First (because @Jumbled scares me) we have a new and much-requested theme for you coffee addicts out there:

As always, let me know if you encounter any theme bugs

Second:

Now that you are all properly caffeinated, it is time to talk about prefixes. Specifically, those in the Forbidden Sanctum.

As those who follow our art announcements thread or the Discord know, Jumbled and I have been manually redoing the various prefixes that came with the site to give them their own unique aesthetic that better fits with the look of the Sanctum.

Step two of that process though is reworking some of the prefixes themselves to serve their intended purposes better.

When we started the site, each of the three forbidden Sanctum Forums—Torture Chamber, Fetish Dungeon and Feather Bed, were given two prefixes. The idea was simple at the time—allow people to further differentiate their stories within the forums. The problem, however, is no one outside staff ever really understood this system and so the prefixes essentially begun to stand for nothing.

Our change is simple: We will be removing one prefix from each forum. The remaining prefix will serve the intended purpose, to act as a content warning for the specific type of content intended for each forum.

Torture Chamber: Knife, with the forum intended for roleplays involving graphic violence

Fetish Dungeon: Collar, with the forum intended for graphic sexual content

Feather Bed: Lingerie, with the forum intended for sexually focused roleplays that do not belong in the other two.​

If you have a roleplay in one of these forums and can manually switch the prefix to the one above, it would be appreciated—but I will be going through and doing so myself over the course of the next week.

I am considering other reforms to prefixes. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post below.

Third:

We have reworked our rules regarding pregnancy, due largely to the realization by members of staff that the old rule was ambiguous on several critical issues.

The old rule (6b) was:

A child cannot be the main character of a Roleplay or story. They are permitted as side characters only. Further, the existence of the child or pregnancy cannot be the central premise of the story (New Parents, Unexpected Pregnancy, etc.). While pregnancy is permitted as part of a story, it is not permitted as a kink.

This has been amended to:

No character under 18 may be the main character of a story. Flashbacks and side characters are allowed so long as they are brief, not sexualized and not subject to graphic violence. Pregnancy and childbirth are permitted as part of the natural progression of a story but may not be its starting point, nor may they be sexualized in any way. Kinks focused on the act or risk of impregnation are permitted.

Specifically, this will explicitly permit kinks such as breeding and risk of pregnancy, which were in somewhat of a grey area before. Staff may still ask for disclaimers on pregnancy kinks, due to some of the natural ambiguity in the phrase.

That's all for now!! As Always, questions down below.

I'll add here that I did this post last night. A Jumble Brag, if you will.
Humble. HUMBLE Brag.

But, no. This is just kind of a small glimpse into what I do with theme work.

I've posted this in a suggestion thread at some point before but can't find it - but does the platform that the site is built on only allow one prefix able to be selected per thread?

For example, in the other thread areas outside of Forbidden, you can select genres like Supernatural, High Fantasy, etc. But all posts in Forbidden still can just choose Knife, Lingerie, etc: but that doesn't allow flagging a genre type either since only one can be chosen.

I know there's plenty of people that go through and read other user's stories, but outside of trying to guess what the story is about based on the title, the prefixes in Forbidden don't allow that.

So just curious if without massive editing on the existing platform can be sub-category/secondary prefixes so that for example it could be like:

[Knife] [Historical] Cool Title Here

So there is an add-on that allows multiple prefixes and I did look into it.

The issue is that it only enables the functionality and does not add any control over it. So while you could have [Knife] [Historical] Cool Title Here, there is no way to set it up so that Knife would be mandatory. This undercuts the content warning purpose, which is important for any time threads are not seen within a forum.

If an add-on presents itself with more functionality, it is something I would consider.

So there is an add-on that allows multiple prefixes and I did look into it.

The issue is that it only enables the functionality and does not add any control over it. So while you could have [Knife] [Historical] Cool Title Here, there is no way to set it up so that Knife would be mandatory. This undercuts the content warning purpose, which is important for any time threads are not seen within a forum.

If an add-on presents itself with more functionality, it is something I would consider.

Ahhhh totally understandable, then. Hopefully something with a bit more customization comes along eventually. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom