Challenge Submission Nyk! Nyk! Take Me Away!

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Nyk! Nyk! Take Me Away!

Eternal Love

The Most Suspicious of Muffins
Local time
Today 2:07 PM
Pronouns
She/Her
I was so tired of the world around me. I was tired of the people who called me horrible names when the provocative pictures I sent to my boyfriend were sent all around school. I was tired of my anxiety and my depression only making the awful humiliation worse. I wanted it all to end. I tried to make it end by downing the bottle of pain killers my dad got after his knee surgery. I failed. After my recovery in the hospital, my therapist suggested I take a vacation to somewhere relaxing. My parents suggested I go live with my aunt and uncle in Norway. They lived in a small, quiet town surrounded by pine trees. It sounded so nice. If I had known I'd meet him there I would have left sooner.

My aunt and uncle were more than happy to see me. They hadn't seen me since I was a toddler. I would have caught up with them more but I was tired from my long flight. I went to bed right away. I had such an odd dream. I was lost in a sea of charcoal branches and green needles. I thought that I was lost forever until I heard music. It was the music of a violin. It was playing such a sad song, so sad that it made my heart ache. I had to find the source of it and comfort the musician that made such beautiful but sorrowful music. I never found him. I woke with tears on my cheeks. That day, once the chores were done, I went to explore the forest near my relative's house. That's where I found him.

~*^*~​

I am cursed. I am forced to live in my pond, never to die, never to reach heaven. I am so lonely. All I've ever wanted was someone to stay with me but no one is willing. No one wishes to drown and become part of my waters. I'm desperate for love, for companionship. I have resorted to trickery. I lure children to my waters in the form of a white horse but they never stay to play once the life has left them under the surface. They all run away. I lure beautiful maidens with my violin. I play music they simply cannot resist. I charm them with a handsome form and make them swoon with my sweet words. But they never stay to love me once the life has left them under the surface.

Families became aware of my presence. They kept their children and daughters away from the forest, knowing I couldn't leave my pond beyond a few steps. They would throw harsh metal crosses into my pond, chanting an incantation to ward me off or give me brandy. At least I could drink my sorrows away. Then, they forgot about me. I became a myth and a warning to children. I was more alone than before. At least when they knew of my existence, that I was more than a myth, I would see people come to ward me off. Now I see no one. I hide my tears among the waters of my pond. But then, she came along one day when I was distracting my sorrow with my music.

~*^*~​

I saw him sitting there on a rock beside a beautiful pond. The water was dark but looked like a mirror you could step through. The surface shined in what little sunlight there was in the sea of pine trees I had lost myself in. But the mirror-like pond was not what caught my attention the most. I was focused on him. He was so handsome. His long black hair reached his waist and dripped with water as if he had just gotten done swimming even though the rest of him was perfectly dry. His pale skin made his dark hair appear darker and his deep green clothing made him look like he was a part of the forest around him.

His eyes were closed. His music was just as beautiful as he was and I was unable to help myself. I had to be closer to him. I gazed at him from afar though, watching his slender fingers gracefully glide the bow over his violin. His music gave me a wonderful feeling, as if I was being rocked and caressed by the waves of a gentle ocean. I wanted to be closer to him and as I moved closer, I stepped on a twig, drawing his attention toward me. His eyes opened, revealing gorgeous emerald green irises. They were so vibrant and bright I swear they were glowing. He smiled at me and my heart melted.

~*^*~​

I hadn't expected her arrival nor had I noticed her presence until she stepped on a twig. The snap caught my attention. I paused in my music and opened my eyes to find her there, peeking out from the forest line like a timid little doe. I smiled at her. She was gorgeous. Her hair looked as though it had been woven from gold as it rested on her delicate shoulders. Her eyes were a magnificent sapphire blue complimenting her fair skin wonderfully. Her clothing was different than I had seen before. She wore no frock or dress but strange blue pants and a short sleeved purple shirt. Even her black shoes were odd, having a crossing pattern up the center of them. I didn't mind though, her appearance only interested me more.

I set my violin aside and gestured to her to come closer. I wanted her. I had to have her. She was so beautiful that I couldn't resist. I needed her. The kindness in her eyes, I had to have it as my own. I set about charming her, calling her closer in a sweet tone with honeyed words. She came closer and I invited her to listen to my music some more. I was pleased when she agreed and settled at my feet. I began to play for her, choosing a song that matched her beauty. I played for her for some time and as I did so, I found myself envisioning holding her in my arms and sweeping her away to my underwater paradise.

~*^*~​

He played such a beautiful song for me. I gazed up at his handsome face. I didn't know anything about him and yet being so close to him, listening to his music, I realized he was exactly what I was missing from my life. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay with him forever.

~*^*~​

Her presence was the closest I'd ever get to heaven. She was exactly what I was missing from my long lonely life. I needed her even though knew nothing about her. The sweet smile she gave me told my everything. I didn't want her to leave. I wanted her to stay with me forever.

~*^*~​

This was only the beginning. Finally, we could be happy and have joy where there once was sorrow.

Back
Top Bottom