Currently reading:
MxF Once Upon A Time In America

Local time
Today 9:18 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,

I'm as my username declares,

I'm nearer now to thirty than twenty and am on the autism spectrum. Recently, I've accepted my role as a first-time father. Role-playing is my mistress, as I have been doing his hobby off-and-on for sixteen years as of 2023. My writing style is multi-para-to-para-novella. However, it mainly depends on how creative I'm currently feeling or how much I am given to work with. Too much can be intimidating, but too little can be a grind. I strive to find a good balance between the two. I don't expect the world from you. I understand at times we all hit brick walls in our creativity and I will try my best to ensure that you get plenty to work with. However, what I do expect is typically two to three paragraphs at the least.

I only have one plot in mind as I can't focus on more than one. It's a tale of La Cos Nostra, and I know, "Yet another plot dealing within the Mafia", "That's so cliche", or maybe you're just worried I won't do it right.

I will and have previously.

The plot is called 'Paradise In America' and it deals with the life and times of
Romulus Vittorio Di Dio, a poor lost soul who is a victim of both time and circumstance.

My beloved Vito is a veteran of the Great War and has spent the past five years (1917-1921) in Europe, mostly France. He was an infantryman, serving on the Western Front, and often being sent on Trench Raids. He's a first-generation immigrant, born in Taormina, Sicily back in 1894. He grew up in Little Italy on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Gangs and violence were a large part of his childhood rearing into young adulthood. Vito is one of the last surviving members of Aces and Eights, the gang he ran with from 1906-1915, who isn't in prison currently or dead. Upon his return to Manhattan, a childhood friend, and former gang associate, Luigi Maltese, has opened a new chapter in this Shell Shocked and disconnected veteran's life.

Of course, that's just a brief backstory. This tale doesn't have to take place in Manhattan or the entire state of New York for that matter. This is the Jazz Age! The Roaring Twenties! The Age of Moonshiners and Rum Runners. Vito's dealings within Cosa Nostra can take him anywhere. Like the budding Hollywoodland, the promised Milk and Honey of Cuba, Violent and Chaotic Chicago, or even the Swamps of the Deep South, or hidden within the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia. Paradise In America can go to so many places and all I need is a travel partner.

As for pairings, I am open to any ideas. So long, however, if they work in the historical setting I have handicapped myself with. For example, Vittorio could be having a sinful affair with the wife of a Southern Aristocrat whose wealth and privilege have afforded her husband an opportunity to sell 'Shine' to and do business with Luigi Maltese, and the Occhipinti Crime Family.

Or maybe a Jazz Singer, a Broadway or Vaudeville Actress, or even just a Working Girl who prostitutes herself for high-end clients at one of the Brothels set up by Luigi Maltese.

These are just ideas mind you, and I look forward to reading whatever you come up with.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom