Closed Paranormal Investigator Neo-Noir Search [FxM] [Romance]

Currently reading:
Closed Paranormal Investigator Neo-Noir Search [FxM] [Romance]

Neoglorian

Wood Elf Monk
Local time
Today 4:56 AM
Ahoy everyone! So I just signed up for Writers Sanctum the other night, and this will be my first interest check. I turn 22 in a couple of weeks, and I'm from B.C. Canada. Recently I've really been on a Noir kick, and I've had an idea for a Paranormal Neo-noir roleplay that I've wanted to try out for years. If you like rainy nights in the big city, smoking cigars in dimly-lit offices, flickering neon lights streaming through blinds, and hard-boiled gumshoes in trench coats drinking whiskey while poring over case files, then please keep reading!

**This RP will be mature, and will involve gore/horror (can range from crime scenes to lovecraftian horrors), Sex/smut, and may include dark themes such as alchoholism, depression, and mental illness. The characters should be more mature as well, around the 25-35 range.**

Premise
With that out of the way, the premise is rather simple: MC(F) and YC(M) both work as agents in a paranormal investigations agency, which deals in all things strange from the preternatural, to cosmic horrors, and everything in between. Our characters are assigned as partners to investigate a string of strange deaths/murders believed to be caused by otherworldly phenomena. Our characters will grow closer and develop chemistry as they investigate strange occurrences.
I have not planned out anything other than the above premise and a few small details about the agency. Pretty much everything else is up for discussion. I'm thinking a 25/75 smut-to-story ratio would be a good balance, though that is of course up for negotiation.

What am I looking for:
I feel like I don't need to say this, but I'm looking for someone who isn't going to give me one-liners. My standards for literacy in a partner are NOT very high (as long as I can understand what you write and you double check for spelling and grammar, you're good!), but I expect at least one paragraph or more (with the exception of certain dialogue or fast-action scenes). I also like someone who can reply fairly frequently (1 post every other day AT LEAST) I understand that people have work and whatnot (hell, I won't always reply instantly either!), but if you can't reply or need to take a break for a while, I understand. I would also like someone who can play side characters when needed, and can throw curve-balls into the story.

I tend to like to write 3rd person present-tense, however I think it would be cool if we wrote in 1st person present-tense to emulate the cynical internal monologues that noir films are famous for. This is totally optional, however, and I can write in pretty much all tenses if need be.

If you have any questions please feel free to comment on the thread or PM me, and if you're interested in the RP, PM me and we can see what we can work out. I also have a personal policy of communication, and a 100% no ghosting guarantee, so you don't have to worry about me disappearing on you without notice. I look forward to hearing from you!

Peace!

Back
Top Bottom