Closed Powers of Survival (RP in Progress)

Currently reading:
Closed Powers of Survival (RP in Progress)

Molly.G

Baron
Local time
Today 11:52 AM
A camera. A simple recording camera is what caused it all. Of course they could've been more careful, but it's much too late for that now. All it took for this disaster to happen was footage of a stupid, careless man stealing from the store...

A store clerk had noticed that his supplies had been quickly trickling down, except he didn't have much costumers come around. The confused clerk pointed his finger at employees, and even his own wife as he tried to figure out where the supplies was disappearing off to. Finally, feeling as though he could trust no one, he checked his monitors. The clerk squinted slightly as he noticed something weird with the footage. The items seemed as if they were being snatched off of the counters, but yet he saw no person. The clerk slowed the footage down. As he watched, shivering chills shot down his spine. There was a young man grabbing the items off the counter. However he looked smeared...almost as if he was moving at...high speed...
Rage swarmed up into the clerks chest as he saw the man come back again and again almost every day. Feeling infuriated, he tried to stop the camera just right. After several tries, he caught a perfect picture of the bastard! The clerk smirked as some of his sanity began to melt away. He knew he couldn't catch him alone, so he set out to every police station he could find. He showed off the pictures and footage to them, assuring them that it wasn't fake. Sure, some people thought he was crazy, but others believed him. The picture and footage started spreading like wild fire. It spread from the cops to citizens to social media to the FBI and eventually to the entire government of the United States. Surely, a couple years later...they caught the man.

They kept him locked away in high security. Every now and then they would bring him out in the public, all chained up, and show him off as if he was some hunting prize. Typical humans. They were so fascinated at the fact that this man had attained these supernatural powers. They wanted to know everything. How did he get powers? How long do they last? How fast can he run? Can you run forever? Are you immortal? Can we make babies with you? Will our children have powers too? And there's no telling what the government has done to get those answers out of him. Life threats...torture maybe? All we do know is...whatever they did...it worked. He told the government about...us. Us, supernatural humans.

To make matters worse, the government did experiments on the poor guy. From sticking him with needles, making him run at high speed for hours, to even starving him just to see how long he could go. Eventually the poor guy couldn't take it, and he died. Since the government no longer had their prize possession-super human, they started to become obsessed. Their obsession only grew stronger because they learned that there were more of us. And with that...the government began to hunt us down. But it wasn't just the government who was hunting. They offered million dollar rewards to any citizen who could catch a super human and drag them to the facility. This triggered citizens everywhere, especially the ones who were struggling and could use the money.

We can't stay here anymore. We have to run. We have to find our kind and get away somewhere safe. Our dream of having normal lives are over...protect your own kind.
-------------------------

WHEW!! OKAY!! So, a few things:

I have to admit to you all that I have roleplayed this before with another partner of mine on the Guilty Pleasures site. But when Guilty Pleasures was shut down, everything that we had written was completely deleted. Which made me kinda sad because me and this girl had been writing this for about two years. So I thought I would write it here. But instead of writing it with just one person, I figured how cool would it be to write it in a group? I am nervous to pitch this idea because I fear no one will like it, but if everyone really adds their ideas to it this could become a really FUN roleplay. By the way, I intend for this roleplay to be intense...so kinda rated R if you will. I just felt like I should give a warning lol (of course we are still gonna abide by the site rules!)

Another thing: This roleplay is going to be based off of us bouncing our ideas off of each other. Which is why I was kind of vague as to how the government caught the guy to begin with. I want for us as a group to write out different ways in which the government is hunting us down. (For example, they could be using traps, or maybe they are sending out the army? IDK its up to us.) Now, the reason that I give us so much creative freedom as far as the government part is because of this:

There are going to be government roles! I understand that everyone is going to be excited to play a super human, but in order for this to work we need people to play government officials/hunting citizens as well. Because at the end of the day, if no one is hunting us.....then there is no roleplay. LOL Government roles are as follows but not limited to:
  • Facility Workers: These are people who work at...well....the facility. You can be a security guard, a scientist, or a doctor. You can also be a "two-faced" security guard, scientist, or doctor. What I mean by two faced is, you are secretly helping the super humans. Maybe you even help them to escape? (up to you! :))
  • Army/Navy/Cop: These are people who are actively hunting super humans down. They are searching land and waters to find them. They have dangerous jobs of course because the super humans are just as powerful as their stupid guns. Your character could possibly get injured/killed. However, the soldiers will also be protected by these suites below. Note: There are no inbuilt weaponry on the suites. They are just for protection and flying. Although soldiers will still be carrying weapons.(Idea credit: Thank you to @Sanity43217 for this awesome idea)
8c76c3e7-ac74-43f5-aedb-ea10d65ca135-jpeg.13171
b4e66e2c-f840-4151-8571-d217e5fcd941-jpeg.13172
ddcc8ffa-f6ac-4928-8284-3af9876c3891-jpeg.13176
  • Government official: These people are the most evil of the roleplay. They are the head honchos! These are the people in charge of the facility and hunt. They make orders to the army and facility workers. Any super human who acts up in the facility or causes harm has to deal with these people. The punishments they give aren't pretty. The threats they give aren't pretty. And the future that they create for these poor super humans...ain't pretty!! (Of course, I'm leaving ideas of what they do exactly up to people who would like to play these characters.)
Other characters are:
  • Hunting Citizen: These are the people who go day to day trying to catch a super human for million dollar rewards from the government. One super human is equal to 1 million dollars. SO you can imagine that people would quit their everyday jobs just to make this a career. I also added this to make it harder for the super humans to trust people/ask for help. (more ideas/details are up to the people who claim these roles)
  • SUPER HUMANS: And last but not least, we have super humans! For anyone playing this role I ask a few things. Please please please make them human with ONE power. Therefore no vampires, or fairies or things like that. To be honest, though it is a power, I'm kind of iffy about shapeshifters as well. You'll have to convince me lol. They have to be human with a power. I also ask that you make your character realistic, meaning...they must have a weakness. It wouldn't be fair to the hunters if your character is straight up invincible. What do I mean by weakness? For example, my character Paige may have the capacity to fly at jet speed, but because she is a young adult maybe her powers are not fully developed. Also, Paige can only fly for two hours straight. If she tries to push past that, she will pass out and fall out of the sky. So something kinda like that. You can put your weaknesses in the character charts.
Numbers: I'm honestly not sure about how many people I will allow in before I close it because I'm not sure how many people will even join. But if I had to give you a number I will say this (* means most likely to change):

*Facility Workers: 1 doctor spot, and 1 security guard spot left. (two faced security guard is taken. I prefer a non two faced security guard for the last spot.)
*Army/Navy/Cop: No more spots just for now. Trying to see if people are willing to play other spots.
Government Official: There are now 3 spots left. I will not be claiming a spot here so that others can have a chance to play if they wish.
*Hunting Citizen: We have 3 spots left.
*Super Humans: There are no more spots left! Sowwy!! <3

In theory I only want about 7-8 people. Each person will be required to play at least two characters. I'm sorry for being so short with the spots, but this is my first time leading a group roleplay and having 20 people is just too stressful and hectic. If you would like a spot please PM ME before you make a character sheet so that I can keep up with the number of spots. I would hate for someone to just make a character sheet but the spots are already full. I will also edit this post so that you can see the numbers going down. :)

Each person in the roleplay is required to write at least 3 paragraphs. One/two/three liners are not allowed!! Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but I want everyone's creative juices to flow and bring this story to life. And you can't bring something to life with just 3 sentences.......................*sips my tea* Just saying. Love you though! Everyone should to post when it is your turn. (Just let us know if you are on vacation or are busy ahead of time)

Once we have enough people, I will create an OOC chat and then we can come up with ideas together and get the ball rolling! :)

Last edited:
Super Human Character Sheet Guide

Picture
Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Power:
Power weaknesses:
(Anything from panic attacks to getting tired a lot. Its all up to you :))
Features when power is in use: (For example, when my character Paige uses her powers her eyes glow a bright neon blue. But when her powers are not in use, her eyes are just brown.) It doesn't have to be eyes though, it can also be hair, skin color. Just make sure to make it something out of the ordinary so that if a hunting citizen were to see it, they know right away you are a super human.
Background:

Non Super Human Character Sheet Guide

Picture:
Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Profession:
Background:
(Explain which side your character is on and why. What's their motive? Do they care for super humans? Are they helping super humans or no? Do they feel badly even though capturing super humans benefits them? Did a super human hurt one of your family members? Let your creative juices flow! :) )

Last edited:
d5aa42c29913597ad81062ebbce1647f--coach-men-shawls.jpg

Name: John Cook
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Power: Telekinesis
Basic Level
  • Binding: To keep object/being from moving.
  • Levitation: To lift an object, e.g. raising a pitcher several inches into the air.
  • Orbital Field: To make objects and possibly energy orbit around the user.
  • Telekinetic Choking: To choke or strangle others without physical contact.
  • Telekinetic Grip: To grasp an object firmly in place, e.g. keeping the tides from washing a friend away.
  • Telekinetic Maneuver: To alter an object's directional course, e.g. changing what number a dice lands on or deflect an opponent attack.
  • Telekinetic Pull/Push: To pull objects towards the user or to push objects away from the user, e.g. yanking a book off a shelf or sliding a cup across a table.
  • Weapon Calling: To call weapons to one's hand.
Advanced Level
Power weaknesses: It is physically draining for Kurt, with extended use leading to nose bleeds, with the potential for lasting permanent harm. Also, it is relatively hard to control, with it being linked to his emotional and mental states. His dreams also influence his powers, leading to strange occurrences while he sleeps. Using advanced powers is tricky and a little unreliable.
Features when power is in use: His eyes change from their normal blue to a deep crimson and his hair flutters in a non-existent breeze. The same goes for the clothes he is wearing.
Background: John never really was sure where his powers came from. When he was a small child before all this supernatural shit came into the media, his religious parents just thought the house was haunted. Which was great when people realised powered people exist. John Cook had to get out real quick, at a young age to not be taken in by the government. This led to him living in an abandoned subway station. It wasn't a bad life. He had the place to himself and could practice his abilities. He ended up setting up a computer and found out that the government had escalated to putting a bounty on people like him. He decided he would help other supernatural people get by, and offer those he found refuge.

Picture:
176ed0c7d6ab64fedc55a53fe78b4438.jpg
Name: Markus Grey Lockart
Profession: Security Guard (Two Faced)
Background: With as sister as a superhuman who was hunted and killed protecting him as a young child, his life's ambition has been to help those like her in the hopes that one day he could repay what happened to his beloved all those years ago. Born in a poorer family and both he and his sister orphaned at a young age, this lad has had to fight his way through life. Eventually he worked his way up to this job, and found that his status as a 'government employee' may help him reach more superhumans that he anticipated- especially with his assignment to the facility.

Picture:
6430dd227616e55ac58f05db5d65d7d1.jpg
Name:
Nadeen Blade Weiss
Profession: Government Official
Background: Nadeen was born into an average family, her parents coaching her in achieving greatness- by force. She is ruthless and determined, wanting to be at the top and the threat of these 'freaks' and their superior abilities is threatening the natural order of things and all her hard work. Nails dug into her spot in the government, she aims to- no, not eliminate the superhumans- but experiment and research enough that it might be possible to gain their abilities.

These character sheets don't have much in the way of showing my abilities or writing style, but I assure you, 3 paragraphs is usually about the length of my replies and I can provide a sample if you're not sure ^^

d5aa42c29913597ad81062ebbce1647f--coach-men-shawls.jpg

Name: John Cook
Power: Telekinesis
Basic Level
  • Binding: To keep object/being from moving.
  • Levitation: To lift an object, e.g. raising a pitcher several inches into the air.
  • Orbital Field: To make objects and possibly energy orbit around the user.
  • Telekinetic Choking: To choke or strangle others without physical contact.
  • Telekinetic Grip: To grasp an object firmly in place, e.g. keeping the tides from washing a friend away.
  • Telekinetic Maneuver: To alter an object's directional course, e.g. changing what number a dice lands on or deflect an opponent attack.
  • Telekinetic Pull/Push: To pull objects towards the user or to push objects away from the user, e.g. yanking a book off a shelf or sliding a cup across a table.
  • Weapon Calling: To call weapons to one's hand.
Advanced Level
Power weaknesses: It is physically draining for Kurt, with extended use leading to nose bleeds, with the potential for lasting permanent harm. Also, it is relatively hard to control, with it being linked to his emotional and mental states. His dreams also influence his powers, leading to strange occurrences while he sleeps. Using advanced powers is tricky and a little unreliable.
Features when power is in use: His eyes change from their normal blue to a deep crimson and his hair flutters in a non-existent breeze. The same goes for the clothes he is wearing.
Background: John never really was sure where his powers came from. When he was a small child before all this supernatural shit came into the media, his religious parents just thought the house was haunted. Which was great when people realised powered people exist. John Cook had to get out real quick, at a young age to not be taken in by the government. This led to him living in an abandoned subway station. It wasn't a bad life. He had the place to himself and could practice his abilities. He ended up setting up a computer and found out that the government had escalated to putting a bounty on people like him. He decided he would help other supernatural people get by, and offer those he found refuge.
Awesome Awesome character! Would you mind creating one more? I would like for everyone to play at least two characters so that we don't end up with more than 8 people. :)

Picture:
176ed0c7d6ab64fedc55a53fe78b4438.jpg
Name: Markus Grey Lockart
Profession: Security Guard (Two Faced)
Background: With as sister as a superhuman who was hunted and killed protecting him as a young child, his life's ambition has been to help those like her in the hopes that one day he could repay what happened to his beloved all those years ago. Born in a poorer family and both he and his sister orphaned at a young age, this lad has had to fight his way through life. Eventually he worked his way up to this job, and found that his status as a 'government employee' may help him reach more superhumans that he anticipated- especially with his assignment to the facility.

Picture:
6430dd227616e55ac58f05db5d65d7d1.jpg
Name:
Nadeen Blade Weiss
Profession: Government Official
Background: Nadeen was born into an average family, her parents coaching her in achieving greatness- by force. She is ruthless and determined, wanting to be at the top and the threat of these 'freaks' and their superior abilities is threatening the natural order of things and all her hard work. Nails dug into her spot in the government, she aims to- no, not eliminate the superhumans- but experiment and research enough that it might be possible to gain their abilities.

These character sheets don't have much in the way of showing my abilities or writing style, but I assure you, 3 paragraphs is usually about the length of my replies and I can provide a sample if you're not sure ^^
I love them both! Don't worry I trust you on writing length! No need to give me a sample! And thanks for joining us!

black-hair-green-eyes-Favim.com-1208798.jpg

Name: Paige Capri Levit
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Power: Flying
Power weaknesses: Paige is terrified of thunderstorms, therefore she refuses to fly when it thunderstorms. She must fly at least once a day, or else her powers will overwhelm inside of her. When this happens she has panic attacks, its hard for her to breathe, shes paranoid, and feels claustrophobic. If she flies for more than two hours with no breaks, she will black out and fall out the sky. If she tries to fly faster than her power is able at the moment, she will pass out from G force instantly and fall out of the sky. Loud noises scare her when she's flying because she fears she is being shot down. She has a hard time weaving in and out of obstacles because her speed is so high. When she flies at top speed she has a hard time landing quickly, resulting in a possible crash.
Features when power is in use: When Paige uses her powers her eyes glow a bright neon blue. But when her powers are not in use, her eyes are just green.
Background:Paige, along with her family use to live along a quiet lake in Michigan. For the most part, they were able to blend in nicely with the world. Her father was a doctor, and her mother was a kindergarten teacher. Both parents attained flying powers, making Paige a full flyer. Paige had a sister named Katie, who too had the power of flying. Paige and her family were on high alert as the government became obsessed with finding people like them. Her mother became uptight, not even wanting the girls to fly outside, in fear that they would get caught. Besides, they were surrounded by many citizens who proclaimed themselves as "hunters." Paige and Katie hated being kept inside, especially since it wasn't healthy for them. One day, they decided to fly in the house. This was mighty stupid of them, as the nosy "hunting" neighbours noticed the weird flying figures that was Paige and Katie. With no warning, they burst into their home. Paige's mother and father tried to hold them off as much as they could, allowing their children to get away. Paige and Katie flew as fast as they could. It was thundering that night and hard to see. Paige and Katie ended up getting separated. Paige flew around for hours calling her sister's name but to no avail. Gun shots were firing, and she could hear them searching for her. So finally Paige landed in the woods about two states over. She found a small abandoned cottage where she slept. Paige never saw her mother, father, or sister again. Everyday she searches for them desperately, all while trying to stay on the down low.

8318225e57c12f4ce5f23e4b82bea8e6.jpg

Name: Darleen Emily Roster
Profession: Hunting Citizen
Background: Darleen grew up rather middle class, or at least, that was until her mother died. From then on it had always been her and her father. Her father was a sweet man, and always promised Darleen that he would try to provide her with a good life. For a while, things were alright. Until, one day Darleen's father took sick. Darleen had to grow up fast and be the one to take care of her father. Poor Darleen was 17 working three different jobs just to keep the house, keep her mouth fed, as well as pay the hospital bills. They dropped from middle class to poor in a heart beat. A couple years later, Darleen's father past away. After that, Darleen was on her own. College was out of the question because she couldn't afford it. Her only option was being a poor waitress for the rest of her life. And, reluctantly, that is what she did for years. But as soon as she heard she could make money by capturing these freaks, she jumped right on it. She never thought about the misfortune she would cause these super humans, she only thought about her misfortune. Her father promised her a good life, and she didn't get one. She refused to be poor any longer. She was going to live the high life no matter what. After everything she went through, she deserved it!

Toni-Mahfud1.jpg
Name: Jack Nimbleton
Profession: Army
Background: Jack Nimbleton is strictly anti super.
He was born into a normal family and lived well. Didn't really have an opinion on Supers. Not until he was nineteen. His family was killed by a super. The super wasn't particularly trying to be evil. In fact, quite the opposite. It was a super trying to play hero, and stop another super trying to rob a bank. Not uncommon for supers to try and show that they aren't all bad.
Jack's family was just caught in the crossfire. So, Jack set out for vengeance. He enlisted so he could get the gear to make these super-powered bastards hurt.
8c76c3e7-ac74-43f5-aedb-ea10d65ca135-jpeg.13171

85444c7838e7ea8df6b33c6a60230595--won-jong-jin-ulzzang.jpg

Name: "Flare"
Sexual Orientation:
Straight
Power: Pyrokinesis (He burns things)
Power weaknesses:
  • Can only manipulate existing fire. Cannot conjure fire out of thin air. He carries a Zippo lighter for this reason.
  • Limited in how large of an area he can manipulate said fire. Currently only able to control an area the size of a basketball. Anything larger proves to be difficult and things can get...unpredictable.
  • Extended use drains him and, here recently, has left scarring around his hands. He fears that one day, the flames will overtake him and he'll end up as a pile of ash.
Features when power is in use: His hair becomes flame-like....or could be real flame. He doesn't recommend touching it regardless if real or not, no matter how curious one is about it.

Background: Flare is but a nickname, but he'll never admit to that. His name has always been Flare, ever since he can remember. Well, of course his parents named him that! Duh. Who wouldn't give their bouncing baby boy a cool name like Flare? And no, he's never ever set foot in an orphanage. Nope. His parents are alive and well. There had never been a house that burned down with a couple trapped inside and he's never had to live under the shadow of being the only survivor who miraculously came away unscathed. Flare has no idea what all that's about. Not at all. His life was and still is absolutely perfect.
...it's perfect.
Yeah. Perfect.

~~~~~~~~

ae681f283419a9f81fc5beb830efff72--tattoo-ideas-posts.jpg

Name: Alyxandria "Alyx" Zear
Profession: Officer/Detective, Super Human task force ((<-- added that bit just to specify she isn't a normal officer lol))
Background: Alyx is a woman who takes her job seriously. Her heart and soul goes into her work and everything else comes second. Passionate about keeping the people safe, she's gone above and beyond her duty, which, after years of being in the field, was finally recognized with a promotion. Not just any promotion though. Trusted by her superiors, she was given lead on a new task force with the only objective being to find and detain Super Humans. That's it. Find them. Detain them. If they don't come peacefully, use whatever means are necessary to make it peaceful.
She was told Super Humans were beings to be concerned about. She was told they were beings that put innocent lives in jeopardy, some Supers even claiming those lives in multitudes. She was told that her work will make the streets safe again.
Officer Alyx Zear is not one to be lighthearted about her job. If the Supers are an issue, she'll be damned if she's not part of the solution.

Last edited:
My super human:

vMEqpne.jpg

Name: Lucy Skye Diamant (born Lucille Denis… uses a fake identity)

Sexual Orientation: Demisexual (must know them well) but panamorous

Power: Induce/Control Mental Hallucinations
* Can affect those in a 50 ft radius
* Singular targets are subject to the most effective and detailed attacks
* Groups can be targeted, but such attacks are usually simpler and shorter hallucinations

Power weaknesses: If Lucy overuses her power, she may develop temporary psychosis until she is either able to either meditate and center herself or sleep it off. If the psychosis is bad, this may take a large level of convincing.

Features when power is in use: Even if she targets specific people, everyone in a 50 ft radius is affected as even the non-targeted will hallucinate a color distortion around her. The more energy she puts into her attack, the more color distortion appears to occur. (Ex. An extra powerful attack might make an observer "see" her hair turn green and her skin lavender.)

Background: Lucy Diamant was born and raised in New York City in the East Village, where a sizable bohemian population exists. Raised by her single dad (modern art curator) and her dad's live-in boyfriend-turned-husband (as of a few years ago), Lucy enjoyed a subculture of open-mindedness and new-age sensibilities… until her first salvia trip at the age of 18. She and a group of local teens/young adults had decided on a night of experimentation and experience. There was acid and pot on the agenda, but first they decided to take turns taking one hit of salvia each between the eight of them. Lucy was first to volunteer, but when she took the hit, everyone in the room experienced the same hallucinations as she. It took them all a few minutes afterwards to realize that Lucy had caused the whole thing. Several in the group were not comfortable enough to continue the night with her involved and left, but the remaining teens realized how useful this would be… it would certainly save them money!

Despite the discomfort of several of the teens, none of them ever revealed her ability until she was 24 years old, when suddenly the existence of super humans was exposed to the public-at-large. When this happened, one of those "uncomfortable teens" (who had since rejected the bohemian lifestyle in favor of more conservative values) decided it was his duty to "out" Lucy as a super human. Before she could be hunted, her father and now-stepfather helped her pack her bags at her apartment, and she reluctantly toned down her bohemian style to stand out less. Despite their offer to run with her she refused, advising them to deny knowing about her power and to not try to find her… she would write to them under a different name. They drove her out to Penn Station to board a train there, and she left everything she knew behind.

Now she lives the nomadic lifestyle of a burnt-out and jaded ex-bohemian. She takes her morning coffee with a joint and a lump of snark as she mourns the life that she was forced to leave behind. She works odd jobs and leads people through "shamanic journeys" and "guided meditations" (her powers at work) to earn enough to get the basics. Despite her darker outlook on life, the old new-age sensibilities still remain ingrained in her psyche.

Please let me know if this is acceptable. My non-super is soon to come.

Last edited:
My super human:

aOrnIZh.jpg

Name: Lucy Skye Diamant
Sexual Orientation: Demisexual (must know them well) but panamorous
Power: Induce/Control Mental Hallucinations
* Can affect those in a 50 ft radius
* Singular targets are subject to the most effective and detailed attacks
* Groups can be targeted, but such attacks are usually simpler and shorter hallucinations
Power weaknesses: If Lucy overuses her power, she may develop temporary psychosis until she is either able to either meditate and center herself or sleep it off. If the psychosis is bad, this may take a large level of convincing.
Features when power is in use: Even if she targets specific people, everyone in a 50 ft radius is affected as even the non-targeted will hallucinate a color distortion around her. The more energy she puts into her attack, the more color distortion appears to occur. (Ex. An extra powerful attack might make an observer "see" her hair turn green and her skin lavender.)
Background: Lucy Diamant was born and raised in New York City in the East Village, where a sizable bohemian population exists. Raised by her single dad (modern art curator) and her dad's live-in boyfriend-turned-husband (as of a few years ago), Lucy enjoyed a subculture of open-mindedness and new-age sensibilities… until her first salvia trip at the age of 18. She and a group of local teens/young adults had decided on a night of experimentation and experience. There was acid and pot on the agenda, but first they decided to take turns taking one hit of salvia each between the eight of them. Lucy was first to volunteer, but when she took the hit, everyone in the room experienced the same hallucinations as she. It took them all a few minutes afterwards to realize that Lucy had caused the whole thing. Several in the group were not comfortable enough to continue the night with her involved and left, but the remaining teens realized how useful this would be… it would certainly save them money!

Despite the discomfort of several of the teens, none of them ever revealed her ability until she was 26 years old, when suddenly the existence of super humans was exposed to the public-at-large. When this happened, one of those "uncomfortable teens" (who had since rejected the bohemian lifestyle in favor of more conservative values) decided it was his duty to "out" Lucy as a super human. Before she could be hunted, her father and now-stepfather helped her pack her bags at her apartment, and she reluctantly toned down her bohemian style to stand out less. Despite their offer to run with her she refused, advising them to deny knowing about her power and to not try to find her… she would write to them under a different name. They drove her out to Penn Station to board a train there, and she left everything she knew behind.

Now she lives the nomadic lifestyle of a burnt-out and jaded ex-bohemian, as she takes her morning coffee with a joint and a lump of snark as she mourns the life that she was forced to leave behind. She works odd jobs and leads people through "shamanic journeys" and "guided meditations" (her powers at work) to earn enough to get the basics. Despite her darker outlook on life, the old new-age sensibilities still remain ingrained in her psyche.

Please let me know if this is acceptable. My non-super is soon to come.
Love Love Love :)

I hope there's still a super human spot left!

Name: Duna Nixis
Power: Nature. She has the ability to control/grow plants. Flowers bloom as she passes by, and even the grass grows faster around where she is standing.
Power weaknesses: She can not control it. Plants and flowers will just grow wherever she is. She hadn't stay in one place for too long and she is easily noticed as flowers will brighten and branches will even lean down to her when she stands under them.
Features when power is in use: You can't tell physically that her power is in use because it is always active. She can sometimes channel her power to grow specific plants. She does this by focusing and moving her hands in the direction she wants the plants to grow.
Background: Duna grew up loving nature, even before her powers began to kick in. She lived near the forest and would spend hours on end drawing and reading amongst the trees. Around the age of 15 Duna began to notice that the trees in her front yard wouldn't loose their leaves in the fall. And the flowers in her garden never stopped blooming. She had to cut her forest adventures short because when she sat opin one place to long the grass would grow up around her. Once when she was 17 she fell asleep while in the forest and when she woke up the grass had almost engulfed her. It was at this point she couldn't hide her powers anymore. She ran away so her family wouldn't be in danger and has been on the run ever since, going from place to place.

photo-1474505249622-84b542980263

Last edited:
My Geneticist (Yes, that's Benedict):

Jq9CRCk.jpg

Name: Dr. E. Bram Vandermark (First name Eugene… he prefers Bram)

Sexual Orientation: Asexual

Profession: Geneticist, Human Research and Engineering Directorate (HRED), United States Army Research Laboratory

Background: Dr. Vandermark graduated at the top of his class at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. He ate, slept, and breathed genetics… especially when it came to abnormalities. He had worked at several research facilities and during his time at the second one conducted several radical genetic experiments that were deemed to be on the verge of "unethical", as they involved cloning and splicing theories. The research had been buried by the head of his department, but an undercover government agent posing as the head's assistant hacked their systems and stole the information. Sometime into his mid-40s, government officials re-examined his work and approached him about a very special position at HRED… the study and experimentation of the super-human gene. This was the opportunity of a lifetime for the geneticist, and he was delighted when the first experiment came to him… a young man with extraordinary abilities of hyper-speed. He cared not why the government wanted this research done, nor did he care what toll it took on his test subject… he only saw possibilities.

This was everything he had ever dreamed of. And he wants more.

I'd also like to make a couple minor changes to Lucy. I'm going to say that Lucy Skye Diamant is her fake identity. Also, she left home at 24, not 26.

Last edited:
I hope there's still a super human spot left!

Name: Duna Nixis
Power: Nature. She has the ability to control/grow plants. Flowers bloom as she passes by, and even the grass grows faster around where she is standing.
Power weaknesses: She can not control it. Plants and flowers will just grow wherever she is. She hadn't stay in one place for too long and she is easily noticed as flowers will brighten and branches will even lean down to her when she stands under them.
Features when power is in use: You can't tell physically that her power is in use because it is always active. She can sometimes channel her power to grow specific plants. She does this by focusing and moving her hands in the direction she wants the plants to grow.
Background: Duna grew up loving nature, even before her powers began to kick in. She lived near the forest and would spend hours on end drawing and reading amongst the trees. Around the age of 15 Duna began to notice that the trees in her front yard wouldn't loose their leaves in the fall. And the flowers in her garden never stopped blooming. She had to cut her forest adventures short because when she sat opin one place to long the grass would grow up around her. Once when she was 17 she fell asleep while in the forest and when she woke up the grass had almost engulfed her. It was at this point she couldn't hide her powers anymore. She ran away so her family wouldn't be in danger and has been on the run ever since, going from place to place.

photo-1474505249622-84b542980263
Hey! You got the last spot!! :) And in addition to your super human I ask that you make one more character. I require for everyone to play at least two characters pretty please :)

Attention to any new comers, here is a spot update:

Government officials: 3 spots left
Hunting citizen: 2 spots left
Doctor: 1 spot left
Security Guard (non-two faced): 1 spot left
Army/Navy/Cop: no spots left
Super human: no spots left

It is up to you, but I would like for more people to choose government official or hunting citizen as we are a little low in those categories. For everyone else who has already signed up, I might create our OOC in about two weeks. I'm just giving last minute people a chance to sign up and then we will get the ball rolling! Thanks again for your patience! I can't wait to roleplay this with you all! :)

Last edited:
I can change my cop to a hunting citizen, if that'll help. :)
You can have the cop position for now. But if in a week or two no one else expresses interest I would really appreciate it if you switched lol! I might even play a third character to help out government officials because they are just as important as the superhuman roles lol. Without them there is no roleplay lol! But we will see! I'll keep yall posted! <3

You can have the cop position for now. But if in a week or two no one else expresses interest I would really appreciate it if you switched lol! I might even play a third character to help out government officials because they are just as important as the superhuman roles lol. Without them there is no roleplay lol! But we will see! I'll keep yall posted! <3

I can always make a third character too as a Government official. I'll see how the response is before I do though.

Back
Top Bottom