Closed Powers of Survival (RP in Progress)

Currently reading:
Closed Powers of Survival (RP in Progress)

I'll make a hunting citizen as my second character. I'd do a government official, but I really have to idea how I'd role play it. I'll get started on a character design!

I added to Lucy's character sheet. I included a description of her personality and her skills and talents. Should we post our character sheets in spoilers on our first posts?

Here's the update:

vMEqpne.jpg

Name: Lucy Skye Diamant (born Lucille Denis… uses a fake identity)

Sexual Orientation: Demisexual (must know them well) but panamorous

Power: Induce/Control Mental Hallucinations
* Can affect those in a 50 ft radius
* Singular targets are subject to the most effective and detailed attacks
* Groups can be targeted, but such attacks are usually simpler and shorter hallucinations

Power weaknesses: If Lucy overuses her power, she may develop temporary psychosis until she is either able to either meditate and center herself or sleep it off. If the psychosis is bad, this may take a large level of convincing.

Features when power is in use: Even if she targets specific people, everyone in a 50 ft radius is affected as even the non-targeted will hallucinate a color distortion around her. The more energy she puts into her attack, the more color distortion appears to occur. (Ex. An extra powerful attack might make an observer "see" her hair turn green and her skin lavender.)

Background: Lucy Diamant was born and raised in New York City in the East Village, where a sizable bohemian population exists. Raised by her single dad (modern art curator) and her dad's live-in boyfriend-turned-husband (as of a few years ago), Lucy enjoyed a subculture of open-mindedness and new-age sensibilities… until her first salvia trip at the age of 18. She and a group of local teens/young adults had decided on a night of experimentation and experience. There was acid and pot on the agenda, but first they decided to take turns taking one hit of salvia each between the eight of them. Lucy was first to volunteer, but when she took the hit, everyone in the room experienced the same hallucinations as she. It took them all a few minutes afterwards to realize that Lucy had caused the whole thing. Several in the group were not comfortable enough to continue the night with her involved and left, but the remaining teens realized how useful this would be… it would certainly save them money!

Despite the discomfort of several of the teens, none of them ever revealed her ability until she was 24 years old, when suddenly the existence of super humans was exposed to the public-at-large. When this happened, one of those "uncomfortable teens" (who had since rejected the bohemian lifestyle in favor of more conservative values) decided it was his duty to "out" Lucy as a super human. Before she could be hunted, her father and now-stepfather helped her pack her bags at her apartment, and she reluctantly toned down her bohemian style to stand out less. Despite their offer to run with her she refused, advising them to deny knowing about her power and to not try to find her… she would write to them under a different name. They drove her out to Penn Station to board a train there, and she left everything she knew behind.

Now she lives the nomadic lifestyle of a burnt-out and jaded ex-bohemian. She takes her morning coffee with a joint and a lump of snark as she mourns the life that she was forced to leave behind. She works odd jobs and leads people through "shamanic journeys" and "guided meditations" (her powers at work) to earn enough to get the basics. Despite her darker outlook on life, the old new-age sensibilities still remain ingrained in her psyche.

Personality: In her younger days she was far more cheerful and optimistic, having faith in the stars and loving her child-of-the-universe lifestyle. She lost that way of life with one little call to the government by a former associate that she hadn't talked to in years. Needless to say, she has developed a lack of trust and a healthy streak of cynicism when it comes to anyone she meets. If someone tries to get closer to her, she will test them, whether they know it or not. If someone earns her trust, however, she will stand by them and grow rather protective of them… especially if they are younger. (She will never admit that she has a matronly streak.) She has a snarky sense of humor with a slight hint of darkness. Still, her fashion tastes remain bohemian-ish, even if it now reflects a dash of 90's goth. Deep down inside, she yearns for reconnection to the carefree, gentle soul that she once was, but such dreams will have to be set aside for now if she is to remain free.

Skills and Talents: Meditation, acting, con-artistry, forgery, charm, pick pockets, pick locks, hotwire cars, ride motorcycle/drive car, scavenge, streetwise, play percussion instruments

Okay! Here's my second character.

Name: Deyvn Lonin
Sexuality: Bi
Strengths: Devoted, Strong, Loyal, Stubborn,
Weaknesses: Mistrusting, Backstabbing, Cares too much about Family and would do anything for them, Easily Frightened
Backstory:
Deyvn is the oldest of 5 kids. She has three little brothers and one baby sister. Their ages range from 15 as the eldest to 6 months as the youngest. When she was 20 Deyvn had been out of state attending college to become a police officer. While she was gone her parents were killed in a car accident. Deyvn moved back to her home to take care of her siblings, having to drop out of college and take on several jobs in order to keep her family fed. Eventually working three jobs just wasn't cutting it, so Devyn turned to darker means of acquiring income.
Deyvn began using her police training to track down and capture super humans. She doesn't enjoy doing it, and she doesn't hate super humans, but if it's what she has to do for her family, then she'll do it.

She usually wears all black and goth-like makeup. She wears a black scarf that covers the lower half of her face, and she wears black fingerless gloves.
e0dcf6c9b44edf55fec2674f144b31c5.jpg

I added to Lucy's character sheet. I included a description of her personality and her skills and talents. Should we post our character sheets in spoilers on our first posts?

Here's the update:

vMEqpne.jpg

Name: Lucy Skye Diamant (born Lucille Denis… uses a fake identity)

Sexual Orientation: Demisexual (must know them well) but panamorous

Power: Induce/Control Mental Hallucinations
* Can affect those in a 50 ft radius
* Singular targets are subject to the most effective and detailed attacks
* Groups can be targeted, but such attacks are usually simpler and shorter hallucinations

Power weaknesses: If Lucy overuses her power, she may develop temporary psychosis until she is either able to either meditate and center herself or sleep it off. If the psychosis is bad, this may take a large level of convincing.

Features when power is in use: Even if she targets specific people, everyone in a 50 ft radius is affected as even the non-targeted will hallucinate a color distortion around her. The more energy she puts into her attack, the more color distortion appears to occur. (Ex. An extra powerful attack might make an observer "see" her hair turn green and her skin lavender.)

Background: Lucy Diamant was born and raised in New York City in the East Village, where a sizable bohemian population exists. Raised by her single dad (modern art curator) and her dad's live-in boyfriend-turned-husband (as of a few years ago), Lucy enjoyed a subculture of open-mindedness and new-age sensibilities… until her first salvia trip at the age of 18. She and a group of local teens/young adults had decided on a night of experimentation and experience. There was acid and pot on the agenda, but first they decided to take turns taking one hit of salvia each between the eight of them. Lucy was first to volunteer, but when she took the hit, everyone in the room experienced the same hallucinations as she. It took them all a few minutes afterwards to realize that Lucy had caused the whole thing. Several in the group were not comfortable enough to continue the night with her involved and left, but the remaining teens realized how useful this would be… it would certainly save them money!

Despite the discomfort of several of the teens, none of them ever revealed her ability until she was 24 years old, when suddenly the existence of super humans was exposed to the public-at-large. When this happened, one of those "uncomfortable teens" (who had since rejected the bohemian lifestyle in favor of more conservative values) decided it was his duty to "out" Lucy as a super human. Before she could be hunted, her father and now-stepfather helped her pack her bags at her apartment, and she reluctantly toned down her bohemian style to stand out less. Despite their offer to run with her she refused, advising them to deny knowing about her power and to not try to find her… she would write to them under a different name. They drove her out to Penn Station to board a train there, and she left everything she knew behind.

Now she lives the nomadic lifestyle of a burnt-out and jaded ex-bohemian. She takes her morning coffee with a joint and a lump of snark as she mourns the life that she was forced to leave behind. She works odd jobs and leads people through "shamanic journeys" and "guided meditations" (her powers at work) to earn enough to get the basics. Despite her darker outlook on life, the old new-age sensibilities still remain ingrained in her psyche.

Personality: In her younger days she was far more cheerful and optimistic, having faith in the stars and loving her child-of-the-universe lifestyle. She lost that way of life with one little call to the government by a former associate that she hadn't talked to in years. Needless to say, she has developed a lack of trust and a healthy streak of cynicism when it comes to anyone she meets. If someone tries to get closer to her, she will test them, whether they know it or not. If someone earns her trust, however, she will stand by them and grow rather protective of them… especially if they are younger. (She will never admit that she has a matronly streak.) She has a snarky sense of humor with a slight hint of darkness. Still, her fashion tastes remain bohemian-ish, even if it now reflects a dash of 90's goth. Deep down inside, she yearns for reconnection to the carefree, gentle soul that she once was, but such dreams will have to be set aside for now if she is to remain free.

Skills and Talents: Meditation, acting, con-artistry, forgery, charm, pick pockets, pick locks, hotwire cars, ride motorcycle/drive car, scavenge, streetwise, play percussion instruments
Only if you'd like, but I wouldn't say you have to. How you posed it here is just fine :)

Okay! Here's my second character.

Name: Deyvn Lonin
Sexuality: Bi
Strengths: Devoted, Strong, Loyal, Stubborn,
Weaknesses: Mistrusting, Backstabbing, Cares too much about Family and would do anything for them, Easily Frightened
Backstory:
Deyvn is the oldest of 5 kids. She has three little brothers and one baby sister. Their ages range from 15 as the eldest to 6 months as the youngest. When she was 20 Deyvn had been out of state attending college to become a police officer. While she was gone her parents were killed in a car accident. Deyvn moved back to her home to take care of her siblings, having to drop out of college and take on several jobs in order to keep her family fed. Eventually working three jobs just wasn't cutting it, so Devyn turned to darker means of acquiring income.
Deyvn began using her police training to track down and capture super humans. She doesn't enjoy doing it, and she doesn't hate super humans, but if it's what she has to do for her family, then she'll do it.

She usually wears all black and goth-like makeup. She wears a black scarf that covers the lower half of her face, and she wears black fingerless gloves.
e0dcf6c9b44edf55fec2674f144b31c5.jpg
Loovvee love lovve! Thanks again Duna!

Most likely Poe's corner because I intended for the roleplay to be kind of intense. But I was thinking of putting our OOC thread in the characters section. Because I wanted us to plan things out together and make sure everyone's on the same page lol

Back
Top Bottom