Either Needed Razing Sarlem

Currently reading:
Either Needed Razing Sarlem

Thank you. Replying directy to the thread as of now.

I do have a question. Could Sarlem create weapons out of the same objects they use to create Mal?

Indeed. Mal is a Mana crystal, altered a bit, but overall just solidified Mana with a runic chip implanted inside it. Assuming someone had enough Mana crystals, and the know-how, you could create a weapon literally comprised of Mana. For a Mana Child, that'd be OP indeed

Name - Lexicon
Gender - (Male )
Race - (Human with a magitech prosthetic arm.)
Age - (42)
Personality - (Guarded, from having a rather rough upbringing, mostly due to not having a 'perfect' body. Hard but good natured, he'd be stern but in secret he'd melt over a upset or hurt puppy. He's by nature a protector, even at the expense of himself. Not to mention someone who opts for being good, even when its so easy to go with the mob mentality. Motivated.

Regrets: Never being able to know if his close family survived the war.

Combat Class - (He's a fighter, trained in a mixture of hand to hand brawling, one and two handed. Not afraid of breaking eggs so to speak to prove a point. Though he tends to rely on his sheer grit than finesse.)

Combat Description - (Hit hard, hit fast and if need be enough to bring someone down to be no longer a threat. A natural improviser who tends to keep a flexible plan encase things go wrong. )

Backstory -
He originally was the son of a farrier who had other dreams of originally aspiring for something more than shoeing horses. As much as he loved being around animals, he had his mothers smarts and against his fathers wishes enlisted in the city guard. This career was short lived as in under a year due to disagreements with rank and management. He instead enrolled in the military recruitment office as a recruiter caught his eye.

The small region had massive disagreements with Sarlem, later turning to hostilities and in belief that if it was the first to take a stand others were to follow. Few rarely talk of the Republic of Albadon, ones who turned to the practical and certainty of steel. Of coal and steam engines over elemental and magictech of Sarlem.

For some the war ended the day the capital was turned to glass and ash. For him, the war never ended. During the first wave, rising from the trenches a wave of energy exploded his arm from the shoulder down. However, the last thing he saw before he fell unconscious was a cavalryman horse crumbling mid stride into dust.

It wasn't long till he realised while recovering in a re-purposed barn as a hospital - that this was his family's farmstead and the only partially remaining structure and till this day he doesn't know if they've survived.

Albadon's capital was turned to glass and as its army reeled from the shock and awe of such weapons, without fear of being shot a messenger sent gave their command an ultimatum and was met with a bullet. What steam weapons were brought in a final decisive battle - as for Lexicon after getting his arm replaced with a stolen magi-tech prosthesis was conscripted into the more covert and bloody parts as the war turned more of a cold war.

With both betrayal and espionage now regular, in the covert side during the twilight years of the war, over the thirteen years. Lexicon was responsible for horrible things he did in the name of his destroyed home.

While young he felt it was justified. Now, sadness lingers along with the bitter aftertaste of regret. The war ended when the captured sole surviving heir signed terms of surrender, those few citizens who had survived either ended up in Sarlem working to pay off their crimes, the remnants of the military either executed with their children made wards or indentured prisoners. It was only through passing did he find out that a former friend had only recently been taken to Sarlem.

How dangerous is a man with very little to lose.
How far will a man go and what will he become against a seemingly insurmountable foe.
Did his friend to willingly or were they taken by force.

Appearance -
He'd been handsome once, until war took it all away. He has lines from being tired, scars from close calls. But its all in the eyes where you see the real wounds, at times they might be watery. Other times they might be sad and on the rare occasions you see genuine happiness if only for a moment.

Short cut hair thinning with age, a magitech arm that seen more use than its worth. A nose that's been broken plenty. Well built, but not overly muscled. Tall but not overly athletic either. Dressed in a rather semi formal attire with a cap, a long leather jacket over a white shirt, black, white pin striped vest hiding within it a mixture of clockwork gadgets, a twist barrel firearm and at his hip a Rune etched claw hammer. A gift from an old dwarven friend.

Desired Genres - (Action, adventure, noir and intrigue, brutal fights and chase montages. )
Romance - (Its optional, that is)
Dislikes - (Smut nuff said)
Preferences - (A tale where the real hero isnt the one who saves the day, isnt the macho man who is the action hero. The real hero is the one who helps those on their journey, <think mad max. Sure max was there, but the real hero was Furiosa. )

Last edited:
Name - Lexicon
Gender - (Male )
Race - (Human with a magitech prosthetic arm.)
Age - (42)
Personality - (Guarded, from having a rather rough upbringing, mostly due to not having a 'perfect' body. Hard but good natured, he'd be stern but in secret he'd melt over a upset or hurt puppy. He's by nature a protector, even at the expense of himself. Not to mention someone who opts for being good, even when its so easy to go with the mob mentality. Motivated.
Combat Class - (He's a fighter, trained in a mixture of hand to hand brawling, one and two handed. Not afraid of breaking eggs so to speak to prove a point. Though he tends to rely on his sheer grit than finesse.)
Combat Description - (Hit hard, hit fast and if need be enough to bring someone down to be no longer a threat. )
Backstory - For some the war ended the day the capital was turned to glass and ash. For him, the war never ended. How dangerous is a man with very little to lose. How far will a man go and what will he become against a seemingly insurmountable foe.
Appearance -
He'd been handsome once, until war took it all away. He has lines from being tired, scars from close calls. But its all in the eyes where you see the real wounds, at times they might be watery. Other times they might be sad and on the rare occasions you see genuine happiness if only for a moment. Short cut hair thinning with age, a magitech arm that seen more use than its worth. A nose that's been broken plenty. Well built, but not overly muscled. Tall but not overly athletic either. Dressed in a rather semi formal attire with a cap, a leatherlong jacket over a white shirt, black, white pin striped vest hiding within it a mixture of clockwork gadgets, a twist barrel firearm and at his hip a Rune etched claw hammer. A gift from an old dwarven friend.

Desired Genres - (Action, adventure, noir and intrigue, brutal fights and chase montages. )
Romance - (Its optional, that is)
Dislikes - (Smut nuff said)
Preferences - (A tale where the real hero isnt the one who saves the day, isnt the macho man who is the action hero. The real hero is the one who helps those on their journey, <think mad max. Sure max was there, but the real hero was Furiosa. )

Looks good overall, though can you go further into his backstory?

Also, do you have an image of some sort that could serve as his face? That way I can make a profile entry for him that'll actually have an image. Otherwise, it'd just be text. But either works.

Looks good overall, though can you go further into his backstory?

Also, do you have an image of some sort that could serve as his face? That way I can make a profile entry for him that'll actually have an image. Otherwise, it'd just be text. But either works.

- What areas would you like to go into backstory wise?

As for images, I tend to avoid them I prefer text.

- What areas would you like to go into backstory wise?

As for images, I tend to avoid them I prefer text.

Okay, then text we shall go.

As for the backstory, I'm wondering where he came from more. What haunts him? A little more description there will help me design his plot. Is he a noble? Soldier? Farmhand? Did he have much family before? And what are some of his weaknesses? Noire and intrigue will require a bit more information with him, then I can get you started.

Okay, then text we shall go.

As for the backstory, I'm wondering where he came from more. What haunts him? A little more description there will help me design his plot. Is he a noble? Soldier? Farmhand? Did he have much family before? And what are some of his weaknesses? Noire and intrigue will require a bit more information with him, then I can get you started.

Updated and fleshed out.

Im so Keen to get started.

Found a song that suits a bit of my characters backstory theme. Let me know what you think.

Will have to slow down on responses this week. Sorry. Crunch time at the job. Will get them done as possible.

Back
Top Bottom