RedeyedJedi

Dominatur
Local time
Today 5:21 AM
Name: Gavin Mackenzie (Goes by Mac)

Height: 6'3"

Hair: Dirty Blonde

Tattoos: Covered

Parents: Mother unnamed and unknown, father unnamed and unknown. Sold as a child slave to powerful warlocks.

Powers: Blood magic, necromancy, and shadows.

Background: not quite old enough for any memories of his parents, mainly images, or impressions of you will of caring. Hunger, that was something to remember the most vividly, probably the biggest reason for the sale. Him, showing the slightest aptitude for the mystical arts in his blood marked him as a demon, something to be dashed upon the rocks. Definitely a fate more kind, more loving than the one that awaited his fate.

He also remembered the feeling of tossing and turning and being made like a ragdoll in what was the trip from Scotland to the British isles that were currently under the thumb of the Roman army. His masters turned out to be evil malicious monsters, who used whatever means necessary to fight the better equipped better trained and seemingly endless invaders. Learning early on that survival meant pleasing his masters, or end up an experiment, some of the things Gavin saw left him shaking long into the night when the others slept.

Twenty long years of the life and the warring left Gavin scarred, dejected to his lot in life, was slowly finding himself more and more alike with his masters. They weren't loving or caring, but, as long as Gavin did what he was told and performed well without fail, he was left unmolested by word or deed. They showed no favorites offered no incentive besides life or ...

The night of my twenty first birthday was the beginning of the end for everything, the Romans we're near completion of the giant wall intersecting the entire island. The Romans had given up on hopes of reclamation of what remained, and the warlocks were bent on the ruination of the wall, one final spell, the grand finale of all the spells worked on the romans.

It was my luck or misfortune as you would have it, to be chosen as one of the nights assistants, my friend Edd was there, which was a blessing. Not that we ever let our friendship be known, who knew what punishments that would earn Gavin and his fellow slave mage; a moniker they had jokingly came up with. The task they were charged with was the more physically grisly aspects of the night, this usually meant slicing the throats of bulls, goats, sheep, you name it, even the throats of captured Romans soldiers.

The four masters had chosen the large hall that night, each had chosen to cloth themselves in dark bloodred cloaks with deeply hooded cowls. Each of them stood in between what appeared to be an upside-down star drawn on the flood in a sticky reddish-brown substance that looked like fresh blood, in the center of the star was a raised alter that had been shaped into a medium sized basin, little holes along the bottom allowed the blood offering to spill out onto the floor.

Sharing a look Edd shrugged before striding toward the dias, as the elder of us he held the honor of the sacrifice, leaving Gavin to stand off to the side waiting for the nights victim so he could bring it to the dias. No more than a moment passed before a large bundled of struggling something was shoved into his arms and he strode to the center of the star my head lowered careful to avoid disturbing the intersecting lines of the star, that was a sure way to earning a hell like wrath. Placing the bundle down he shared a look with Edd before quickly returning to the shadows in the corner.

As one the warlocks began to chant, their voices low and guttural, the language was foreign, the chanting slowly rising in cresendo, the robes on the masters suddenly began to form pulsating runes in a deep abyss-like black, their edges a shimmering emerald. When the chanting reached it's peak and was thundering throughout the chamber Edd removed the cloth as he drew the ornate dagger from where it rested against the alter.

"No!" Came a loud yell in the room, jerking Gavin from his thoughts he watched Edd throw the dagger against the floor and dart towards the far doorway.

As one the chanting ceased and just as suddenly as Edd had changed his mind and ran, he was suspended in the air and than slammed to the ground hard. Stunned on the floor Gavin watched helpless as the four masters moved on his friend and than disappeared through the very same door Edd had tried to reach, licking his lips nervously at his suddenly dry lips he looked at where the lines of blood had been broken. Standing there he debated on wether or not to tell, to not would be the end of everything, to tell meant a correction and the masters would succeed in whatever it was. Deciding on the latter Gavin was just about decided on telling the masters when whatever it was inside the alter cried out. The unmistakable sound of babies crying out in hunger changed his mind, he would do what needed doing. If the babies were to die, than maybe the consequences would end these monsters...

Striding forward Gavin picked up the blade and quickly wiped the edges of the lines before standing up and taking his position his friend just vacated. Staring down at the altar two pairs of eyes stared out at him from the white blankets they had been wrapped in. No more than a few months old, these ones were well fed and cared for, they would be missed it seemed. Gavin doubted the masters would have afforded such sacrifices such expense.

When the chanting resumed Gavin realized he'd spaced the return of his masters, they must have assumed his competence in fixing the error he'd left open, the chanting rose higher and higher until it peaked, again Gavin noticed the never before seen runes followed by the weird language, Gavin assumed it was something very very dangerous and old.

"May tha' gods above forgive me, for I doona, wan' tae do it," with his silently whispered words Gavin quickly slit their throats as a pair of tears formed and fell. Surprised at his own show of humanity after all he'd done, Gavin watched as the bowl quickly filled enough before the blood began spilling down the sides of the altar until it touched the intersecting lines of the star.

The next thing Gavin knew there was a huge explosion of sound, his eardrums exploded and blood pooled down his cheeks and he was thrown backward hard slamming to the wall hard, pinning him to the wall. Knocked senseless and dead it took Gavin a while to come to, how long it took was unknown. In truth it was a mere minute before he came to, his eyes slowly focusing on the sight of one of the master was laying motionless on the floor bent backward and on his side. One of the others stood struggling in the grips of some giant black thing that wasn't completely there, it's vivid red eyes full of malice and glee as it opened it's mouth wide and bit his head off.

His head lolling Gavin realized that his bleeding ears had trailed down to the tips of his fingers, before dripping to the floor, the blood had the demon turning to him. Striding over to stop in front of his face, "why?" Only after realizing the sudden hearing loss did the demon send it via thought.

[They need no' live anymore, I dinna think beyon' tha',] Gavin thought back. He didn't know what this thing they'd summoned was, but, this was weird. [Wha' are ye?] He added as he raised his chin with slight defiance.

The beast gazed at him for long momemts before sending his next thoughts back, [I am your devourer, a demon from hell, released by your incompetence. Now I will ravage your country, kill your strong, rape the weak, and eat the young, all because you wanted four beings dead. I should thank you, but, why bother if I plan on eating you?]

The demon leaned in close and Gavin shuddered as he felt it's tongue swirling against his flesh as it sampled the taste of his blood. Closing it's eyes in apparent enjoyment, opening them again he opened his mouth wide and made to rip his head off. It was that moment his gift of blood magic rose to life, the demon ingested his blood while Gavin was helpless against him. Words fell rapidly from his lips as if by someone else, words in an alien tongue that was melodious and musical.

The next thing Gavin knew, the demon was gone, and he was cold and alone on the floor.

That's as much o' me memory ye get, I doona like remembering much, tae summarize, an angel heard me prayer and had me tie me life to a powerful shadow demon against me will. His logic tha' all actions have consequences and canna no' go unpunished. Since than I've learned the extent of my powers, and me and me roommate, are more alike than I'll admit.

Present day info:

JOB: Mac is a high end photographer, and a part time MMA fighter.

At night Mac is forced to hunt down and kill anything supernatural, a Merc for the angels if you were.

Owns various safe houses in most major cities.

Likes/dislikes: Johnnie Walker Single malt clean. Martial arts, photography, women.

Back
Top Bottom