Currently reading:
Same thread different day

BigBird

Send memes please
Local time
Today 12:15 AM
Pronouns
They/She/He
Hello all, im putting this idea here mainly because it doesnt matter what gender shows interest, cause there will be multiple roles to play. So the only things I need from my partner (or two if the task seems to heaby to carry) is the ability to rp both genders with no complaints and an expansive imagination.

This rp is a continuation of a super long story I created with a friend from when I first began rping, it expands four years so theres a lot of detail and overlying story arcs I will explain to those interested.

But without further ado here's the general story:

During the beging of human civilization humans have always cared for violence, power and understanding the world around them. Thus religion and war have gone hand in hand for thousands of years. The old religions; ones of polytheism were dense in lore and tales of superior beings who lived above the skies, their human qualities and supernatural abilities allow them to shape the world as they please.

In todays world those polytheistic religion are seen as just mere fairy tales, folk lore from a time where science and philosophy were just infants in the human minds. To much of history discovered by humans have proved those myths as just that. And due to this most of the world has forgotten the legends of these gods and godesses.

But what if that's what they wanted you to believe?

Long ago, the legends of Mount Olympus were real. The grandeur, beauty, and power of the Gods was more than any human could evee imagine. And the love these supierior beings had for humans was immense, so much so that senseless kilings and deaths from war saddened them.

On a small island knowm as Cyprus the deaths were numeruous. Because this piece of land sat between the current European and Asian continents many countries wanted thier beaches and coves as their loading docks for trade and other goods . Many people died as a result of trying to obtain the island. Those who lived on Cyprus believed in the olympian Gods. Their island's sacred diety was Aphrodite, Godess of love. Up until the War of Great Division the island was peaceful. So many of the natives prayed for the war to end, for their crops to cease burnimg, their children becoming ill, wives and daughters being raped and father and sons beomg sold into slavery. The devistation of the island racked their godess into absolute grief. So the War ended, Aphrodite helping the Athen's military to retireve Cyprus as their own. From their peace was restored and the island was built from the ground up. Athen architects helping the cypran natives build their homes and cities, creating trading points and market based cities by the waters edge. Even expanding their military to Cypran shores. All was well as good and the Gods continued to look over their believers with content. Cyprus was extendedn to being apart of the Gods holy land, and they gifted the island with fruitful crops and healthy offspring for years to come.

But, not all was well in olympus, the original gods that walked the earth long before the humans and even the olympiams were born. Were hungry for revenge, growing stronger with their resentment to the olympians that locked them away. Thus the first War among Gods began. As they fought the world they created became desserayed with famine, Wars, plagues and deaths. Blood stained the earth red, and peace was far from an option.

A family that lived on the Cyprus island, originally simple farmers. Their sons now served in the Athen's army. Great leaders came from this family, as they rose through the ranks slowly conquering pockets of land werr intense battles was scared the earth below it. As the Athen's army rose to success so did the beloved Gods that fought for their protection.

With no intent to loose, the original olympians sent forth a powerful immortal army to disband the Athens army and kill the beloved sons that controlled it in an effort to quell all prayers and offers that made those Gods stronger. Humans stood no match to these ungodly creatures, and armies were quickly being wiped from the face of the earth.

The only way for the humans to survive was by the power of the Olympians. And they helped their creatures, each of the 12 most powerful Olympians blessed a worthy human on earth, the ability to use their powers when ever needed. Most of these blessings went to the sons and of the favored family, their youngest son obtaining blessings from Zues himself making him a king among them, amd thier leader.

With the Gods help, the immortal army was defeated, and with it the defeated of the old Gods. They were locked away once more but not without a final warning.

"HEAD US OLYMPUS, FOR THE DAY THAT THE FAVORED FAMILY IS SO CRUSED BY THEIR WICKED OFFSPRING SO SHALL BE THE EARTH AND THE SKIES BE CURSED. AS BLOOD SPILLS BLOOD. THEIR EARTH WILL BE STAINED WITH YOUR BLOOD AND THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT. YOUR DEATH WILL BE THEIR HELL!"

It was clear that the old Gods were to return. In an effort to keep the prophecy from happening the Gods kept watch over the blessed family, though their abilities removed they were still regarded as Gods among men on their island and beyond. The youngest son of the family, was crowned king of Cyprus. And thus started a new tradition within the successsors of the family. Of thode tied to the blessed blood line, the youngest of each generation shall be crowned king, his royal court only open to those blessed as well.

Years went by the blessed family expanded, as promised the youngest son of the youngest son was crowned king of their blood line and ruled over the family and Cyprus with great leadership as love, a "god amongst men".

But as the world evolved so did the religions. As power moved from the Europeans to western civilization.,The Olypains werent as powerful as they use to be. With their importance fading the ominous warning told by the Old God's was upon them. The times were changing....

Time was running out.

So this rp will be set in modern times in an alternate universe were the greek gods are real. Becaise its an altered timeline some of the worlds history is not the same as our history and that will be explaned with each story arch.

The way this goes the plot has three different story lines, each important to the overall story but in different ways.
They way this goes;

First will be the main story line which deals with the successor bloodline-- The blessed royal family does not rule over Cyprus anymore but their family is still considered the sworn protectors of the land so they have special privilages. The head of the family is still considered royalty like in Britain but its more for operatining reasons. Im this stpry line we follow the blessed children of the current generation, they're all in their 20s and 30s finding families and stuff. So thats were the slice of life, romamce comes in. It has a very romeo and juliet feeling becaise the beblessed family has been fueding with this other family for generations now But there is a twist and that will come later. (There's a lot to explain with the main story so if you are interested dm me and I will tell you everything, and if you have some good ideas we can brainstorm and fit them in the story as well)

Royal Russia-- In this universe Russia still has monoarchy. But theyre good, this story line is about the children of a exiled princess, returning to their home land because their grandmother, the current ruler, is dying and someone has to take her throne. Ties to the blessed family will be reviled throughout as the time goes and some real shady bis will begin to happen.

Other- the third and final story line will be random and something you and I will chose later on. So amoung all the stories being told you can chose one more to focus on, this can be a back story of any character or a retelling of the origin story (but we would act it out)

So in short, there is a lot of story telling elements to this plot, basically a sort of sandbox rp, it has a main stpry line but you can honestly go anywhere with it as long as it stays relative to the main storg. It's a long and really engrossed story that my old partner and I never finished, and quite frankly it's my favorite rp I've ever done. No other rp has quite catched my interest like this one did. (To be quite honest I'm being very biased simce it is the first story lime ive ever created with someone amd while I still have attachment to the old story we created I want to finish this plot we made.)

Here are some guideline I would like my partner to follow if this happens;

This is a liesure activity for me, and though I am dying to restart this I'm in no rush. So as long there is a response coming once a week im fine. If a story ends up getting stuck or ypu cant find anything else to write about we can deffinitely work on some ideas to get a certain story line started again

I tend to write alot, or just be very detailed in general, so give what is received. Like I said most of it is very story telling-esque so detail is needed for every response

This is action packed and fantasy but it's also realistic to a certain point. No perfect characters, every single OC must have a major flaw, it just works better that way.

That's all I have fore now, im writing this pretty damn early cause i couldnt sleep so excuse me if it just sounds like a confusing mess. I will look over everything and spruse it up once thrusday roles around. Dm me or post a comment here if you're interested!

Back
Top Bottom