Unspecified Seeking a Partner to Explore the Most Satisfying Aspects of Role Playing

Currently reading:
Unspecified Seeking a Partner to Explore the Most Satisfying Aspects of Role Playing

Berklie

Serf
Local time
Today 5:11 AM
Hi there, I'm Berklie! Thanks for taking a glance at my post. This is a work-in-progress and I'll be updating it regularly as I see fit.
I'm 27 years old and it has been years since I fell out of love with writing and roleplaying. I think I'm finally ready to try to get back into it and I feel very excited about the prospect.
Once upon a time, I found nothing more thrilling than to create a unique character and build a story with a partner or group of people. Somewhere along the way, I think I lost confidence in my writing and eventually, I lost interest entirely...but my love of writing was so ardent for so long that I always knew I would find my way back, and I think I finally have.
I hope you would like to join me as I rediscover all of the best and most satisfying things about roleplaying.
I am so happy to be here with you all.

As I said, it's been a really long time since I've done this, but I have a few parameters and a few ideas. I'll be adding more ideas as I come up with them.

Romance: Story Over Smut, Neither is a Requirement, and I'm Open-Minded
I typically prefer to play female characters but I can be flexible in most everything. MxF, FxF, even MxM is all on the table. Romance is fun but not a requirement. Sometimes I like to go into a story not knowing whether or not the characters will experience a spark. Many times they do, but sometimes they might not, and I think that build-up of will-they-or-won't-they can be just as satisfying as a smoldering romance that sparks at the very beginning. Story over smut always, but I like writing both. I really prefer to be flexible, explore, and experiment, so the only things that are off the table are corpses, scat, snuff, and things of that extreme. I'm not looking to roleplay anything extremely visceral or gross. That could change though! I try to be open-minded, so it never hurts to ask!
Dominant/Switch
Since I haven't roleplayed in a long time it's hard to say something like: most of my characters are (insert dom/sub/switch). I'm figuring it out as I go, but so far the ideas for characters in my head are dominant/switch females. I could honestly be persuaded to play characters of either gender of any inclination, it really just depends on the concept.
Setting: Low/High Fantasy, Modern, I'm Open to Suggestions
I like fantasy, and it can be just a little or a LOT. I think there should be at least a little bit, for fun! Typically I go for fantasy in modern settings, though I also enjoy high fantasy settings set in fictional worlds. I've never participated in a roleplay set in space before so that's another seed of an idea I have germinating. I am really flexible here so if you have ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Quality: High
As far as writing, I prefer a high level of quality. Please no typos or significant grammatical errors. Every once in a while is fine of course, we're all human, but I find it really distracting if it's repetitive. I use the Grammarly plug-in for Chrome and while oftentimes annoying, it's a helpful tool for catching any errors that might crop up. I'm not saying you need to use Grammarly, I'm just saying that I like it most of the time and it's useful for me. If your reason for typos and general errors is because you're typing on mobile then I'm not the partner for you. If on the other hand, you let me know that English isn't your first language, I will be much more accomodating.
I am capable of playing necessary side characters and you should be able to as well so it's an even split. I'm looking for a partner who is willing to match my effort in this regard.
Quantity: Flexible, Minimum 1-2 Paragraphs
As far as quantity goes, my capacity for quantity varies. Sometimes I'll write quite a bit, others I'll barely be able to eke out a paragraph. Sometimes it depends on what I'm given, other times I simply can't seem to come up with much. It happens to the best of us. I think the bare minimum you can expect from me is at least one to two paragraphs. There may be exceptions to this paragraph minimum if there is just a dialogue happening in order to keep the story moving along. I would like at least a good paragraph from my partner when they reply, but I don't want my partner to feel pressured to match me otherwise.
Communication is Key!
Ultimately, I think it is important that no party to the roleplay feels pressured to write significantly more than they are inspired to write. If this happens either on my part or on the part of my partner, I hope that discussion about it would be both understanding and constructive. I like to chat outside of the roleplay about plot development and I'll probably ask you how you're doing. I believe open communication through OOC conversation about the plot and character development, any changes in posting frequency, and any other topics relevant to the roleplay is vital to the success of a rewarding and exciting roleplay. That being said, we don't have to plan out every single move our characters are about to make and ask for permission for every single thing. I like to have a vague plan and then go with the flow from there.
Frequency: Varies Between Maximum 1 post per Day, Minimum 1 post per Week
I have a lot of free time during Winter break, but this is going to change dramatically when I go back to school full time in the Spring starting in mid-January. I will be in contact concerning my workload and availability as it changes. I would like to be able to commit to at least one full-bodied response per day of at least two paragraphs, though there may be circumstances under which I am unable to meet even this base level requirement. I don't expect my partners to be this active. I understand that everyone has a life, I have one too. I would be happy with a minimum of one reply per week, and I am always flexible about changing circumstances. Please just give me a heads up! If you can't give me a good reason for needing to bow out, I will never hold that against you. I'll understand. Just please don't leave me hanging.

Plots: I have a couple of ideas I am interested in, though of course, I am always open to suggestions. Roles that are preceded by a * are the character I would prefer to play. If there is no * it means I am open to playing either character. I prefer to play female characters, but if the gender is unspecified I have no preference for that plotline. For the sake of making things easier to write, I will still use he/him and she/her pronouns even if the genders are unspecified for the plot descriptions. They may be switched at the respondent's choice, and they may also choose to make the pairings MxM or FxF instead of MxF.
He thought he had left childish things behind. Now childish things have come back to haunt him. Growing up, his guardian angel made a mistake and revealed herself to him. Realizing he was under her protection and that she took her job very seriously, he started doing more and more reckless things. As an adult, he left everything up to his angel. She was expected to take care of everything and avert every danger and every serious consequence. One day, the angel was gone. She had left behind a small teardrop-shaped pendant with a note that explained: "This vial contains the magic of my guardianship. It will protect you from the worst harm, but it cannot clean up your messes. Please stay safe until I return." Shortly after finding the note, a stranger suddenly appears on his doorstep, holding the vial with a maniacal grin on her face. "If you want this back you're going to have to do whatever I say."
She was very grateful for her gift. Whenever anyone asked her what time she wanted to travel back to, she said none. She only wanted to go forward in time. Going forward had so far been good for people gifted with magic. Going backward would only seal her horrible and untimely demise. So far, going forward had opened peoples' minds and wallets to the magical arts, and the trend showed no sign of stopping. She had gained a reputation for being one of the best readers in the city, but she was careful not to become too popular. She wasn't trying to change anybody's mind. If they didn't want to believe, she didn't feel compelled to prove them wrong. It was safer that way. That is, it was safer until she met him. It had never happened like that to her before. She hadn't even gotten a chance to read his palm. They had simply brushed hands on a packed subway and her head filled with two versions of his future. He had to know and in order for him to know, she had to make him believe her.
This premise is loosely based on an episode from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Her family had an ancient tradition at Christmas: keep the Yule log lit for three days. Every year beginning at midnight on Christmas Eve, the fireplace was kept chock full of wood until midnight on the day after the third day. The third day after Christmas was called "Christmas Ending". This year it was her turn on day three. Her boyfriend joined her on Christmas Day after having spent Christmas Eve with his family. On the night of Christmas ending, she was tending to the fire while he made playful advances. When she laughed and jerked away from him, his glass water bottle flew out of his hand and shattered in the fire. The fire was out. They were no longer safe.

If your interest has been piqued at all, please reach out in a PM. Thank you so much for your time and good luck in your search!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom