All Seeking advanced writing partners!

Currently reading:
All Seeking advanced writing partners!

mothamongwasps

A Hedgewitch
Local time
Today 2:04 AM
Hey folks, thanks for coming to take a look at my proverbial wares. If this piques your interest, please DM me as opposed to responding to this thread.

I'm Moth, and I'm a 31-year-old writer and artist currently taking a hiatus from gainful employment/the day job grind. As such, I find myself with an excess of free time, and would love to draft up some cool role play works to help fill my days! Real life comes first, but right now I can generally be relied upon to contribute at least a post per day. Sometimes more, if the flow is there.

I consider myself to be an advanced writer with relatively mature sensibilities, and I am looking for the same in a partner. I tend to write anywhere between 3 and 12 paragraphs, and I strongly prefer to write in 3rd person limited.

While my genre preferences tend toward fantasy and sci-fi, I take a lot of joy and care with writing characters that feel like real people, and love building plausible and interesting dynamics between respective characters. I treat worldbuilding similarly; while I enjoy fantastic settings, I like for the worlds to feel plausible and three-dimensional. It's a thrill when I can find a partner that enjoys writing similarly. It's difficult for me to appreciate fandom writing; I'd rather keep things more original, but taking inspiration is fine.

Historically speaking, I've written mostly MxM character pairings, but am quite open to FxF and sometimes MxF if the vibe is nice -- also, come at me with your nonbinary and genderfluid babes! I'm all for it. Gender anarchy!

Smut is not my goal so much as story, but if the progression feels natural then I can absolutely get into the former. I tend to prefer 80:20 story:smut ratios, but really it depends on the specific circumstance. Romance is cool, too, with or without smut, though again the organic progression is key. Emotional development is sexy. Anguishing slow burns are good times.

My sexual content limits are fairly simple. I'm not into toilet play, outright gore, food-centric kinks of any kind, and hard non-con or rape is hard for me to appreciate. Not into furries. May add to this list if something comes up that rubs me the wrong way, and certain exceptions may be made for certain circumstances.

That all being said, mature content, kink, violence, dark themes, etc are all on the table and negotiable.

Some general fantastic elements I enjoy include:
-Fae folk, witches, sorcerers, demons, dragons, old gods -- give me high magic and forces of evil to contend with. Other worlds and ancient rituals. In a modern context, parallel universes are a joy to toy with.

-Earthbound magic inspired by diverse cultures -- I'm no historian, but am not afraid of a little support research and artistic license. Period pieces are absolutely fair game (though I prefer a little factual flexibility) and, in that same vein, so is Time Travel and/or related themes. I have a li'l soft spot for steampunk.

-Cryptids and other Supernatural types are a go, both in modern and period settings -- depending on the traits in question, immortality can make for some interesting plot dynamics.

-SPACE IS GREAT. Give me space travel and futuretech and alien exploration and the crushing and infinite void.

-The apocalypse is a fun and flexible concept. So many possibilities. Climate collapse, global war, machine uprisings, plague... I'm not super keen on Zombie stuff, comparatively, but can be persuaded to pursue original takes on the matter.

This is by no means an exhaustive list of the genres and/or pairings that I will play! Please feel free to make suggestions, or to combine any of the above.
I will make further additions to this content going forward. Stay tuned for plotlets and pairing ideas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom