Currently reading:
Seeking D&D Adventures

Aisling

Serf
Local time
Today 2:48 AM
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey everyone! My name is Aisling, but you can call me Ash for short. I was offline for a while due to some IRL (mostly health related) issues, but I'm hoping to be consistently back now, so I'm looking to get back into writing. As such, I'm looking for some partners. I've got a few general ideas, but first, why don't I tell you a bit about myself as a partner
  • As I said earlier, I'm just getting back into the swing of things, so I can't make guarantees on my availability. I used to be more of a once-a-week poster, so I'm going to guess that that's about where I'll be now. I might be able to post more frequently, but that's going to depend on my work schedule and how I'm feeling. If it takes me longer than a week, do feel free to poke me and see what's up! I'll try to let you know if I'll be offline for longer than that though.
  • I'm a multi-paragraph writer. Usually 3+, sometimes almost novella length. I don't expect my partners to write equal length, but I do request that you actually read my full post and not gloss over it and ignore or contradict details that I included (if you want me to change something, by all means, feel free to let me know! But don't just contradict my post without saying anything please.) I also ask for an absolute minimum of one paragraph from my partners. I can't work with one-line posts, and I like to think I always give my partners plenty to respond to.
  • I write multiple characters, including multiple mains. I love when my partners can do the same, but of course don't require it. But please do not ask me to not have multiple mains. I find it limiting.
  • I can write all different gender of characters, but I have a preference for female characters, and will always have at least one female main. I am always happy to double for partners, though, and even if there's only one pairing I'll often have a mix of different main characters.
  • As far as pairings, I prefer mxf, and have sometimes done fxf for the right plot. I've never written mxm (because of my above preference for female characters.) I wouldn't mind trying it for the right partner and plot, but I can't guarantee I'd be good at it, and I'm not sure if I'll be comfortable writing adult content for such a pairing.
  • On that note, yes, I will write adult (read, sex) stuff. I don't have many hard limits, and they basically boil down to anything against site rules or anything that belongs in a toilet. The exact details of what I will write, though, boils down to what makes sense in the plot and how comfortable I am with a partner. Anything beyond "vanilla" definitely requires us to write with each other for a while first and build up a level of trust. I've had bad experiences in the past with partners breaking boundaries, so anything more extreme I prefer to take things slow.
Ahem. Now that the basics are out of the way, lets get down to what I'm looking to write, shall we? As you may be able to tell from my incredibly creative title, I'm looking for a D&D adventure. Now, obviously, this is a writing site, not a tabletop site, so what do I mean by that? Well, I'd like to have character sheets and use rolls to determine outcomes because I like the randomness and seeing how it can take the plot in unexpected directions. But I'd also like to focus heavily on the roleplay aspect, our characters interacting both with each other and with the setting.

Now, as far as the plotline and NPCs go, we have two options. Number one, we determine plot together and divide up who control what NPCs (and enemies in fights) pretty evenly. If you aren't comfortable with that, though, I'm open to taking over controlling the NPCs and enemies, although we can still talk about the overarching plot together.

As far as characters, I think the ideal number for a party is four, so I'd love for us both to have two main characters! I think that gives us more opportunities for interaction.

And finally, as far as setting goes, I've been really interested in doing something in the Dragonlance setting, although I'm open to coming up with a homebrew world together if you'd prefer. I do have access to one of the sourcebooks for that as well. I would prefer to come up with our own plotline, though, rather than following the one in the book.

So! If that sounds interesting to you, feel free to reach out to me and we can talk about it in more detail!

Back
Top Bottom