Currently reading:
Seeking High-Fantasy RP

Kaida

Serf
Local time
Today 3:16 PM
Hi!

I'm a long-term role player looking for a partner for my character
The world Kaida inhabits is rich with magic, creatures, and various races. Humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins, gnomes, griffins, harpies, sirens, or any other sentient "monster" can find their home here, with most having their own societies and major cities.

Though most prefer to keep to themselves, there are tentative trade agreements between them that makes it common to see those of various species in the same place, coexisting. There is, of course, an underlying tension and mistrust between most species, but they remain civil enough within city walls.

While my typical post length is around a paragraph (and I prefer at least the same from my partner), I will often make longer posts as detail deems necessary.

If you have an idea rattling around in your head based on Kaida's profile or the world setup, please let me know! If not, feel free to take a peek at the sample setup below, which takes place in the orcish city of Mak'Tael. The driving force behind this scenario is Kaida's father catching up to her for the first time after the murder of her mother.

Kaida had only recently come to the rancid city of Mak'Tael. The secluded metropolis nestled itself between the peaks of the Andor mountain range, keeping it nearly impregnable to outside attacks. Below the city itself, long series of interconnecting tunnels had been dug out to provide additional space for their expanding trade and population. The wealthier people of the city typically resided at the surface, while each layer below became home to the soldiers, working class, and destitute. Unless one had wings, the only way in or out was through one of three gates, each with a large, wooden platform that could be lifted or lowered using a series of levers and pulleys. This made it nearly impossible for anyone to enter surreptitiously, which Kaida felt was a reasonable measure of security, given her situation. She'd gained entry to Mak'Tael the week before and found lodging in one of the lower levels at an inn typically reserved for the less savory types. Moans of whores and constant bickering in the rooms nearby had become her lullaby, but she hardly minded. Seedier parts of cities tended to be the best for hiding. Few cared to have their own business meddled with, and so they did not interfere with hers.

By day, Kaida had taken to peddling simple cures and tonics in a booth topside. After all, she still required gold for her room and sustenance, despite being on the lam. Night fell suddenly in the city, the surrounding mountain peaks making it difficult to determine the time of day. Business had been good that day, as word had started to spread about the efficacy of her brews, and as such she'd been out much longer than she'd intended. Safe as she'd be in her room, the trek there was a different story. As in any city, nightfall tended to call to the thieves, rapists, and cutthroats of the underbelly. Quickly packing up her wares after the last, rather incessant, customer had left, Kaida made her way down to the bowels. Though she kept up a quick pace, she feared hurrying too quickly lest she become a target. Confidence was paramount in avoiding confrontation with those who would prey upon the weak.

The first few levels of the underground remained well-lit, sconces on either side of the passages providing the light of magic captured in their cores. Deeper down, where such items were a luxury, greasy smoke choked the passages from the flickering torches lining the way.

Much to her dismay, she realized she was being followed about four levels down. It was a sense, more than anything, a prickle up the back of her neck that let her know she was being watched. Her strides seemed to echo too loudly, and she realized her pursuer was matching footfalls to hers to remain inconspicuous. Her brow furrowed as she tucked a loose strand of her fiery hair into the hood of her cloak. This was going to be trouble.

At the next corner, she took a sharp turn and began to sprint down the passage. Her room was close, but she hardly wanted anyone following her there. She took a series of confusing turns, going as quickly as she dared, even returning to a higher level in the effort to throw off her pursuer before plunging back into the lower depths. After what seemed like an hour of running, though more likely it'd been a quarter of that, she threw herself into a crack in the stone, wedging herself in and hoping to hide within the shadow. If only she could be so lucky.

A hand reached in and gripped her forearm, wrenching her from her hiding place. "You..." she let out in a whisper. "H..how..?"

The man that gripped her met her gaze with hollow eye sockets. A twisted grin lent only more horror to his visage. Her free hand reached for the dagger at her hip, but he snatched that arm up too. "You're going to pay, girl," he hissed at her.

Kaida couldn't help but scream.

If you're interested, I look forward to hearing from you!

Hello. I'm new to this site, and I like fantasy rp quite a lot. Would you care to rp with me?

Back
Top Bottom