Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 12:45 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Our upgrade is complete Sanctum Dwellers!

With that, we are rolling out a raft of new features. We are also rolling out some policy changes. By necessity, this post will likely be long. While I will try to make the important stuff obvious, I strongly recommend that you set aside a few minutes and review things in detail.

1. Request thread changes

For a long time, staff have been dealing with a repeating issue. The OP of a request thread says "PM me if you are interested. Do not post here." someone posts anyways and the OP asks us to delete it. No more. In all request forums, users have now been given moderation privileges over any thread they post. You can now Lock and unlock the thread and delete any comments in it at will. Just look under this button:
Further, as a matter of policy, staff will begin issuing reprimands to users who ignore "respond via PM only" notices.

Our Bump thread feature added a few weeks back, remains functional. I want to emphasize again: Posting "Bump" in your thread without hitting the button will not do anything except clutter the thread

2. Conversation Changes

First, short and sweet: Conversation Folders have been rolled out. You can now sort your conversations at your leisure. Maximum of 5 folders per user

Additionally, a new "Blind Carbon Copy" feature allows you to quietly add users to a conversation.

In order to save storage space on-site, we are going to change our current policy regarding conversation attachments. Anything within rules may still be uploaded, however all images in any conversation are subject to removal one year after they are first posted. This will include the full removal of our backlog from 2016-2020, starting in November. This only applies to conversations. Images posted in any thread will still be retained indefinitely. If you want long-term access to your faceclaims, I strongly suggest storing them in a character thread. Basically: If you need it long-term, it goes on the forums.

3. Profile updates

With this new update, profile banners (also called cover photos) have been added to the site software instead of using an add-on. If you had one previously, you will need to re-add it.

New with this update? Banners now also appear on your user card, allowing your personalization to follow you across the site

Oh and I cannot emphasize this enough: If your banner has elements that are against site rules, crop it, then upload. The built-in positioning does not crop the image and the way it appears varies across devices.

4. Badges

Thanks to the magnificent @Rose for the Hunter, site badges are back and better than ever.

Some of these will auto-award (you might have to post or otherwise be active to notice the effects), others require manual assignment by an admin or mod.

On that note: If you invited another member to the site, reply with their username below for the "Corrupting Influence" Badge. If you have donated and not received "Inner Sanctum Nobility", please do likewise. Post badges are not yet set up, but will start awarding in the coming days. Post badges are now assigning, as are like badges

To avoid the badge spam that plagued 1.5, users are currently capped at 4 displayed badges for users (we might increase this at some point). They will appear under your username on all posts.

What if you have more than 4 badges though?

On your user page, after a badge has been awarded, you will find this menu

If you click the megaphone icon, it will feature a badge. This will let you select your favourites.

5. Referrals

In order to make future Corrupting influence badges easier to track, we have added a referral system. On the sidebar of the homepage, you will have an account-specific link. If someone accessing the site with that link makes an account, you have a referral. This will also allow you to earn the badge through social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and so on, without even having to know the person you referred.

6. Alert Improvements

Lastly, with the upgrade has come changes to how alerts work. Under your user preferences, you can now make it so that opening the alert tray no longer dismisses your alerts without you reading them, as well as allowing summaries when you get several similar messages in quick succession.

There may be more to come in the next few weeks. For now, enjoy the features Dwellers.

If you notice any bugs, wish to suggest badges or features or have any questions, please post in the thread below. Please direct any theme-specific bugs to this thread.

I had a corrupting influence badge at one point in the past. I'd love to have it back if possible. I invited Jelly x Filled x Donut (formerly ibpeyton) to the site a good while ago.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this.
This is a "pleasure-application", something that doesn't necessarily drive society, yet still requires a great deal of dedication, attention and expertise.
And what you may not know is that for individuals like myself, who don't have a good home life, whose personal relationships are lacking, this site provides a valuable resource to bolster our emotions and fulfill our fantasies.
This is truly a labor of love, and there is not a price that can be placed on that, and for your dedication, I appreciate you immensely.
Grazie, molto bene,
Natalia
PS - For those of you who read this post - did you know you can make a donation to keep this running??

Shouldn't Sevitch and Hollis have all the badges from 100 posts to 25k posts?

The way I have it set up, the badges should (in theory) switch as you go. So instead of a user having 7 versions of the same badge, they will always have the highest one they are entitled to (which also ensures the highest one appears automatically)

That is awesome. Thank you for replying and thank you all for the time and effort you've invested in the site. I really appreciate the promptness and thoroughness of all y'all working on issues that come up.

That is awesome. Thank you for replying and thank you all for the time and effort you've invested in the site. I really appreciate the promptness and thoroughness of all y'all working on issues that come up.
I love your handle & avatar :) I've been some version of "Midnightrose" online since 1996 and I've always loved the dark & lovely theme of the deep colored roses xoxo

LMAO! Same, though several people have picked up my moniker over the years and started companies with it. I've had this since '96 as well.

The alert improvement is my favourite, the best of the best. I like literally have been getting so excited sick almost over it!

I brought Young Alchemist over to the dark side last year

I also lost nobility, if I could get that please.

Awesome! Great new features! 👏

I invited Valentine a little over a year ago :) but I have never heard of the "Corrupting Influence" badge, would of course very much appreaciate to have it 😎😇
Thank you!

Awarded!!

And that badge only auto awards with a referral link. Otherwise, we only know if someone tells us 😁

Back
Top Bottom