Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:57 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Sanctum Dwellers!!!

Let's not bury the lede: On Monday, February 5th, we will be performing an update of the Sanctum. This includes a few minor updates to Xenforo, some backend upgrades (particularly to PHP) and updates to several add-ons too large to be updated while the site is live (in particular, chat). At present, no major feature additions are planned—this will simply improve the stability and security of the site.

As has always been our practice, we will first create a site backup and attempt the upgrade on a mirror site to iron out issues and minimize downtime. An alert will be sent out before the actual downtime, for anyone who wishes to move drafts offsite to keep working on them.

As a new addition, on Monday, we will open the chat on our site announcement server: Join the Sanctum Announcements Server Discord Server!

This will allow communication between members and live reports on our update progress.

Other housekeeping:

Themes!!!

Ahead of Valentine's Day and with a lot of hard work and incessant bullying from @Jumbled, we present a new theme: Blossom!!!

Second, for users who are dyslexic, colourblind or visually impaired, we offer a pair of new themes: Accessibility Light and Accessibility Dark

Per a request from @Cat , these themes use a special font provided by Google known as Lexend for all posts and editors, designed to be easier for people with dyslexia to read. They have also been tested for various types of colorblindness.

And because having them be copies of other themes was boring, they now have their own unique cat and dog themes!!!

As always, please report any theme bugs.

And... that's it! Please post any questions down below!!

Please post any questions down below!!

What is life, where is the universe, what politics are best for society, how do I resolve the abstract and the material, and do you know when my dad will come back?

What is life, where is the universe, what politics are best for society, how do I resolve the abstract and the material, and do you know when my dad will come back?

A lie

Everywhere

Read your Bakunin

You write down your abstract on the material

Yes, but he told me not to say.

So much pink...O_O

What time down the downtime start while Sanctum is updating?

So much pink...O_O

What time down the downtime start while Sanctum is updating?

We won't know the exact time until Monday, as it depends how long the preliminary steps take and if we hit any roadblocks. Our tech guru is in Europe, so sometime in the afternoon EST is most likely.

i really appreciate you putting effort forth to providing a font for those with dyslexia. you're probably the first admin on a site that curates and listens to feedback fully. i appreciate you james. thank you for everything <3

As a new addition, on Monday, we will open the chat on our site announcement server: Join the Sanctum Announcements Server Discord Server!

So this morning I was having a connection issue, which turns out was just a security setting in my internet flagging the site (I'm still not sure why but I fixed it). But it reminded me I wanted to join this incase there was actual unplanned downtime. However both links I can find are expired. Could I pretty please get a current one? <3

So this morning I was having a connection issue, which turns out was just a security setting in my internet flagging the site (I'm still not sure why but I fixed it). But it reminded me I wanted to join this incase there was actual unplanned downtime. However both links I can find are expired. Could I pretty please get a current one? <3

Back
Top Bottom