Sitewide Theme Update

Currently reading:
Sitewide Theme Update

Which theme should be the Sanctum Default (The one seen by new users and when logged out)?

• Total voters

JamesMartin

Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 1:36 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Sanctum Dwellers!!!

We have a lot to get through, but for those who like it short and sweet: Otys and I have been hard at work this week and as a result, we have four new themes, updates to existing ones AND a chance for you to make your mark on the Sanctum!!!

These themes should be considered "feature complete", they are unlikely to change much. However, there may be some bugs and minor alterations. Please report any issues you find here.

Two new fancy themes:

Two plain themes to make your boss think you're working:

We will accept suggestions for additional themes (here or in the linked thread above) and a couple may be forthcoming, but as our goal is always quality over quantity, a few changes are being made:

1. Scripture has been altered to use seamless textures and a theme appropriate title

2. Our intent is to use Swashbuckler to replace Winterfrost. It might make a return in the future, but the theme has multiple issues and will likely go offline in the next couple of days.

3. We are attaching a poll to help decide on our default theme between Scripture and Archive. Please bear in mind—this is to select the theme new users will see, not neccessarily your personal preference!!

4. Changes or a replacement will likely be made to Serpentine, in order to aid legibility

Finally, we are accepting suggestions and submissions for a new Sanctum icon! You likely recognize this symbol
but it was never intended for site-wide use.

Any ideas or submissions can be made in this thread. They should:

1. Be writing themed or related

2. Contain either "IS" or "WS"

3. Can easily be scaled down to be a site favicon
while remaining legible (or contain a symbol that could be used for that purpose)

4. Be either black and white or easily adapted to different colour themes

I should probably be thanking you... your comment reminding me we never made a simple dark theme was the reason I tried making one in the first place 😁

Well I did show it in chat but here is my entry for everyone to see, also gradient can be changed to match different themes (example below under original) I've spoiled them since they are big but scale down well.
Thanks to Micro for the quill idea
Inner_Sanctumn_Logo_Original.png

Inner_Sanctumn_Logo_Red_and_Black.png

Last edited:
Is the archive the one with the books on the shelf? I still prefer that one. The new ones and others do nothing for me.

I'm really sad to see Winter Frost leave actually. It had a great darker theme without it being 'pirate' which definitely isn't a look for me.... I'd definitely love to see Winter Frost return, or at least give us the option to have it. I personally have not encountered any issues with it whatsoever, on desktop and mobile.

So...here's hoping I suppose.

Not that the new ones aren't great, but it'd be nice if they were an addition instead of a replacement.

We have more on the horizon! Including at least one more dark theme. As for Winterfrost and Serpentine—it's not a "never" so much as a "possibly". There are some things we need to tweak that we aren't certain will work.

I'd personally love a black theme with purple and gray accents. And while I know those aren't a never, just kind of sad that it's gone from my options.

What were the things that needed fixing on it? Or what were the complications with it?

The borders are the biggest issues atm. Sizing each one down is going to take some time, methinks.

There were some things that were transparent that shouldn't have been (which, among other things, made the theme switch button really hard for users with visual issues to find). Also, it was built around a different template than our other themes, which can interfere with add-ons.

More generally, we are currently working to migrate all the image assets our themes use on-site, as it both makes things more organized for us and ensures our themes will work as long as the site itself does. Winterfrost has some assets where we just have no earthly idea where they're stored 🤣

... I'm going to "No comment" on a purple theme...

Ooooo that looks nice~ I think I see lace? And I'd personally throw out a darker text box and light purple text 👀 But that's my dark theme purple mind going since I have 'purple vision' lol

Archive remains classiest option. White board and Black board look like creative hell.

Back
Top Bottom